PDA

View Full Version : All Cigar Smokers

fastblackmerc
11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Do you enjoy smoking cigars?

Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) don't want to hear it.

The Senators' assertion that tobacco industry is "developing new forms of product that encourage the continued harmful addiction of our nation's children" is beyond pandering: it's downright insulting.

WAKE UP!

It's not about the children, it's about their agenda.

Kids aren't interested in premium cigars, and manufacturers and retailers aren't interested in selling cigars to them. But that won't stop these senators from invoking "our nation's children," if it allows them to destroy jobs, diminish liberty, and revoke adults' right to enjoy a fine cigar.

http://capwiz.com/cigarrights/issues/alert/?alertid=54019671

Ozark Marauder
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't smoke anymore, did for 20 years, BUT, my best friend is a premium cigar lover with a huge humidor in his house and has a couple of humidors in cigar shops around San Antonio. When I visit, I enjoy the aroma of the different ones he smokes. Each one has a different aroma, cigarettes are a different story. I tried to smoke some cigars, but I couldn't get the technique down. Always found myself inhaling.....

If they keep doing legislation to "save the children", by the time they grow up there will be no freedom of choice of anything, for anyone. They will turn into mindless sheep.

I would always support anyone's right to smoke.

Mr. Man
11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't like the smell of lit cigarettes or cigars. I can tolerate pipe smoke and weed doesn't bother me either. Could care less if they make tobacco illegal.

Captain Dynball
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't like the smell of lit cigarettes or cigars. I can tolerate pipe smoke and weed doesn't bother me either. Could care less if they make tobacco illegal.

So it's ok if they make something illegal as long as it doesn't effect you? What if they made V8's illegal? People like you seem so oblivious :shake:

05crownsport
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I think we are living in a changing society when it comes to smoking. I can't stand the smell of it either. As with everything in life, there are those who are respectful of non smokers and try their best to avoid doorways and areas that us non smokers have to traverse. For those occasions when I am forced to walk through a wall of smoke, I generally try to piss off the smoker enough to get them to move out of my line of travel. As far as the government goes...they shouldn't be involved in dictating how companies market their products. It's up to us to make our own decisions based upon information we take in, and if the decision is to smoke and die a painful horrible death by smoking, then it's okay...our rights are slowly being taken away and we need to make a stand by using our power to vote...sorry, I tend to get passionate about certain things. My father in law died from lung cancer at the age of 58 in 2005. Way too early.

guspech750
11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
I think it's crap. Smoking too. I personally don't care if people smoke. As long as I don't have to hear the woes me I have lung and throat cancer now blah blah blah. I don't and have never smoked in my life. But I do not hate the aroma cigars have. Its for their agenda for sure. Leave it for the people to decide.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Mr. Man
11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
So it's OK if they make something illegal as long as it doesn't effect you? What if they made V8's illegal? People like you seem so oblivious :shake:
Well there Einstein if you read the last line it says I could care less if tobacco was illegal, which if you had any powers of interpretation also means I don't care if it's legal either. Doesn't readily effect me either way.:stupid:

Captain Dynball
12-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Well there Einstein if you read the last line it says I could care less if tobacco was illegal, which if you had any powers of interpretation also means I don't care if it's legal either. Doesn't readily effect me either way.:stupid:

I know that's what you said and that's what I responded to. I guess we just have a completely different mindset. I don't think something should be made illegal unless it is completely necessary...that's all.

You just can't legislate decency. If you ask them to outlaw tobacco because some of the people smoking are rude about it I think you are trying to legislate decency. Some people drive like some people smoke and it doesn't just irritate other people, it kills them. It's a slippery slope in my opinion.