PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Tapping

burt ragio
12-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Police are now useing a device that enables them to extact any data from cell phones durring routeen stops it's called the Translogic.
Police Device Used To Steal Your Cell Phone Data During Traffic Stop - Translo (http://translogic.aolautos.com/2011/04/29/police-device-used-to-steal-your-cell-phone-data-during-traffic/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-bb%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk2%7C116769)

Spectragod
12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
I believe a warrant would be required for them to obtain that info, unless you are one of the 52% brain dead that would just hand it over.

I also don't believe that they are randomly stopping people and wanting the info from their phones, there is more to the story.

martyo
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I believe a warrant would be required for them to obtain that info, unless you are one of the 52% brain dead that would just hand it over.

I also don't believe that they are randomly stopping people and wanting the info from their phones, there is more to the story.

This ^^^^^^^.

Shaijack
12-01-2011, 09:39 AM
The News here announced that the shopping centers are using cell phones to track the hot areas for shopping in the malls.
I have always felt that is against your rights. It is none of their business where you shop or go.
Police "Big Brother is Watching You"
Get ready for you implants so they can track you all the time and know what you are thinking.
I am still starting my own country PM is interested.

Paul T. Casey
12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Excerpt from article:

Legally, during traffic stops, officers need a warrant to search your cell phone; however, if you give them your phone voluntarily, they can use these tools to search it.

My brother used to make drug busts by asking likely subjects if they had any dope on them. Many just handed over whatever they had, and assorted other forms of contraband. Probably a good reason why it's called dope. Me, I'm still wanting to buy a bag of smart.

Haggis
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
The News here announced that the shopping centers are using cell phones to track the hot areas for shopping in the malls.
I have always felt that is against your rights. It is none of their business where you shop or go.
Get ready for you implants so they can track you all the time and know what you are thinking.

I also will be starting my own country soon. Let us form an alliance.

PonyUP
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM

Though I will say, there are some great voluntary uses for this. For example, I was at the Mall of Georgia this weekend and had not been there before. At the Directory stop, they had a QDR code to scan in your phone which put an app on. When I clicked for it to allow it to use my location, I was able to pull up a map of the mall on my phone, complete with you are here icons, and the listing of all shops, restaurants, and restrooms within the mall.

It's scary stuff, especially when used without your knowledge or permission, but used for the forces of good, kind of amazing where we have gotten as a society

guspech750
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Though I will say, there are some great voluntary uses for this. For example, I was at the Mall of Georgia this weekend and had not been there before. At the Directory stop, they had a QDR code to scan in your phone which put an app on. When I clicked for it to allow it to use my location, I was able to pull up a map of the mall on my phone, complete with you are here icons, and the listing of all shops, restaurants, and restrooms within the mall.

It's scary stuff, especially when used without your knowledge or permission, but used for the forces of good, kind of amazing where we have gotten as a society

Hmmmm. Why not just read the directory and look behind you to see what store you're near?
:D

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

MOTOWN
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I love how those with no clue about law enforcement always seem to know what were doing more so than we do!

LMAO! total B.S.

knine
12-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Police are now useing a device that enables them to extact any data from cell phones durring routeen stops it's called the Translogic.
Police Device Used To Steal Your Cell Phone Data During Traffic Stop - Translo (http://translogic.aolautos.com/2011/04/29/police-device-used-to-steal-your-cell-phone-data-during-traffic/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-bb%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk2%7C116769)
The clues are right there: "Police" and "Steal". Pops started a "good cop thread" so someone had to start a "Bad cop thread".

Don't you know, all cops are bad. They just take the job to look for an opportunity to exploit, steal and pillage from the public. They are completely out of control, have no oversite and run rampant. There is no background check, no testing to weed out bad eggs. None of them ever even consider taking the job for and/or helping the public. They are all evil and should be fired. Who needs cops, we, as a community, can run ourselves. I think I'll call that big guy with all the tatoos when someone breaks into my house, I think he's sober today....or was that last year? (you know the guy, the one who's daughter wreaks of baby oil and daddy issues). AND NOW they can take the data from my cell phone. Crap, I'll have to get another pizza delivery service because the cops will be using mine after they find it in my phone.

I love how those with no clue about law enforcement always seem to know what were doing more so than we do!

LMAO! total B.S.
Spot on, right there ^^^

This article is bereft of police procedures, constitutional law and police procedures in general. Sheeze.

Guittard22
12-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Excerpt from article:

Legally, during traffic stops, officers need a warrant to search your cell phone; however, if you give them your phone voluntarily, they can use these tools to search it.

My brother used to make drug busts by asking likely subjects if they had any dope on them. Many just handed over whatever they had, and assorted other forms of contraband. Probably a good reason why it's called dope. Me, I'm still wanting to buy a bag of smart.

I am sure the FBI been doing this for years .now that coPs can use this tool it be good to bust the drug dealers .

Shaijack
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
OK Haggis we can be duel dictators. Remember only people that own Marauders are allowed.

DEFYANT
12-02-2011, 03:21 PM

LMAO! total B.S.

What else is new. All these articles do is sew paranoia and distrust into the community. The only ones who should fear are those out there doing wrong. You know who you are and so does the local PD with all the tools in their tool box - including cell phone scanners!

05crownsport
12-03-2011, 04:46 AM
OK Haggis we can be duel dictators. Remember only people that own Marauders are allowed.

Darnitall, does that mean I'll have to start one too?:bandit:

william s
12-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Shaijack: OK i'm in for your new country. Will it be above sea level ?

duhtroll
12-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey, assface. Quit getting in the way of our stereotyping!

We want to hate indiscriminately and you're muddling it up with facts and stuff. Knock it off. We should be allowed to vilify entire professions on here!

;)

The clues are right there: "Police" and "Steal". Pops started a "good cop thread" so someone had to start a "Bad cop thread".

Don't you know, all cops are bad. They just take the job to look for an opportunity to exploit, steal and pillage from the public. They are completely out of control, have no oversite and run rampant. There is no background check, no testing to weed out bad eggs. None of them ever even consider taking the job for and/or helping the public. They are all evil and should be fired. Who needs cops, we, as a community, can run ourselves. I think I'll call that big guy with all the tatoos when someone breaks into my house, I think he's sober today....or was that last year? (you know the guy, the one who's daughter wreaks of baby oil and daddy issues). AND NOW they can take the data from my cell phone. Crap, I'll have to get another pizza delivery service because the cops will be using mine after they find it in my phone.

Spot on, right there ^^^

This article is bereft of police procedures, constitutional law and police procedures in general. Sheeze.

rayjay
12-03-2011, 09:08 AM
What else is new. All these articles do is sew paranoia and distrust into the community. The only ones who should fear are those out there doing wrong. You know who you are and so does the local PD with all the tools in their tool box - including cell phone scanners!

DING, DING, DING hand that man a cigar!

knine
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey, assface. Quit getting in the way of our stereotyping!

We want to hate indiscriminately and you're muddling it up with facts and stuff. Knock it off. We should be allowed to vilify entire professions on here!

;)
Sad thing is, some cannot tell if I was serious or just kidding around :lol:

MyTMerc
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I also will be starting my own country soon. Let us form an alliance.
Just what we need, another U.N.:rolleyes:

sailsmen
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Police Depts, Fire Depts, Schools, etc. are a direct reflection of the community.

New Orleans is a corrupt Community and they have a corrupt Police Dept.
How could it be any different?

Ladyhawke
12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Just what we need, another U.N.:rolleyes:

Just for that visa denied. :banned: