PDA

View Full Version : Cars for dummies

Horsepower
12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Gotta a fan/blower issue with the ac/heat

Only question I have is how much the repair will cost ?
Car doesn't blow any air at all.

RubberCtyRauder
12-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds like the BCM ( Blower Control Module)
Cost anywhere from around $50 at Tasca to upper $70.00's from your local Dealer.

Installation is possible yourself, there are writeups here. I fixed mine this summer from writeups here

Dealer fix? I'm guessin a couple hundred plus the part so prolly $300 to $400 installed?

Link to BCM info
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48707&highlight=Blower+Control+Modul e

RubberCtyRauder
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
If you look at the link and then know where to find the BCM, there is a simple backyard test to check your BCM..It is not 100% but it might tell you for sure..Find the BCM and give it a firm tap with a socket extension or something that can reach it while the HVAC fan is on but not blowing, if it cycles on then you know it the BCM and can be replaced. I suppose it could be something else, but I would start here.

Horsepower
12-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh and almost forgot .......

The ac/heat does register on the console ...The car knows it should blow defrosters/ac ...etc Lol the fan or blower just doesn't activate. .

RF Overlord
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I agree it's prolly the BCM.

You might get more answers if you'd titled the thread with your actual problem instead of a generic title.

Horsepower
12-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Problem solved ...... Thanks fellas
Mechanic says it was the bcm... And had my dashboard vents fixed also.