PDA

View Full Version : Expired Warranty!

Joe Walsh
12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
I just recieved a letter from Ford informing me that the "New Vehicle Limited Warranty on my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis has expired."

:shake:........:rolleyes:

BTW: Besides the slap in the face to a MARAUDER owner!....since when does a New Vehicle Limited Warranty run for 9 years!?!?

ctrlraven
12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Was the letter actually from Ford because I've got those over the past few years but they were not addressed from Ford.

SC Cheesehead
12-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I just recieved a letter from Ford informing me that the "New Vehicle Limited Warranty on my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis has expired."

BTW: Besides the slap in the face to a MARAUDER owner!....since when does a New Vehicle Limited Warranty run for 9 years!?!?

You have all the luck, Joe. I never got one of these.

Now watch, warranty's finally expired, something's gonna blow up...

RF Overlord
12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Joe, I bet ctrlraven is correct...it's most likely is one of those scam marketing things that's designed to LOOK like it's from Ford.

J-MAN
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
You're just special Joe!

wickedmerc
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM

I agree, it's probably not from Ford. I get them sometimes but they're from 3rd & 4th party companies. I blame the Ford dealer I went to.....must have sold my info.

I brought my MM to my local Ford dealer for service once.....once! Their reminder notices all reference my "Grand Marquis". I say they must be sending those to the wrong house. I ain't got 1 of them. If they don't know the difference between a Marauder and a Grand Marquis, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't go there again.

Joe Walsh
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Looks legit to me.....:dunno:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/MercuryGandMarquisExtendedWarr anty001-1.jpg

wickedmerc
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Wanna hear something freaky??

I just got 1 that looks exactly like yours in the mail today (obviously with my local Ford dealer listed). I wonder how much it costs? A small fortune I would imagine.

SC Cheesehead
12-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Geez, up to 8 posts already, Joe!

IBTL....

;)

MyTMerc
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Check the post mark :)

Phrog_gunner
12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Joe posted on their website and got his warranty locked?

RF Overlord
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
If that offer is legit, and actually from Ford, then Mark C Bardusch Manager Ford Extended Service Plan needs to be fired for offering an ESP on a 9 year-old car whose basic warranty expired 6 years ago.

Phrog_gunner
12-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Another age old rule, don't buy anything from a guy with douche in his name.

Joe Walsh
12-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Joe posted on their website and got his warranty locked?

I know, I know....I've been pretty lame about getting threads locked and deleted recently.
I will up my efforts over the Holiday season!

If that offer is legit, and actually from Ford, then Mark C Bardusch Manager Ford Extended Service Plan needs to be fired for offering an ESP on a 9 year-old car whose basic warranty expired 6 years ago.

:hmmm:

I wonder if they will warranty the suspected wiped Crower cam lobes on my 5.0??

LMAO!

SC Cheesehead
12-22-2011, 07:23 AM

True that...

Joe Walsh
10-17-2012, 06:22 PM
"Joseph, we've got BIG news for your Grand Marquis!"

Reads the headline of an email that I received today from the LM Dealer that I bought my MARAUDER from.....:rolleyes:

WhatsUpDOHC
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I get at least two if these/month.

They go right in the recycle bin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JBFTech
10-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Bought my MM last month......have already gotten FIVE of those rip-off extended warranty things in the mail! However, ONE did say Marauder! The rest were Grand Marquis! Funny how they all say "Your warranty is about to expire, act now!" LMAO

Sent from my SR-71 using Tapatalk

Bigdogjim
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
"Joseph, we've got BIG news for your Grand Marquis!"

Reads the headline of an email that I received today from the LM Dealer that I bought my MARAUDER from.....:rolleyes:
I got an e-mail from the selling dealer today telling ne about the big tire sale.