PDA

View Full Version : CVN doomed to repeat the same mistakes

massacre
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I literally typed:

"Careful Billy, disagreeing with DR is grounds for a banning".

Permanently banned from CVN for that. Permanently. No warning.

Anyone who is on there knows that I go over and above to help people there, and I do so on a daily basis. Any number of members can vouch for that. I have been a member there for years.

Oh well. I'm extremely frustrated by it, mostly because I cannot even try and explain myself. No explanation given by them, either. The whole thing smells rotten and reminds me of what happened here.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Juice
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Incidentally, if you stay away from the BS, you won't get caught up in it. That's how I do it anyway...

Da Dark Jedi
12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I literally typed:

"Careful Billy, disagreeing with DR is grounds for a banning".

Permanently banned from CVN for that. Permanently. No warning.

Anyone who is on there knows that I go over and above to help people there, and I do so on a daily basis. Any number of members can vouch for that. I have been a member there for years.

Oh well. I'm extremely frustrated by it, mostly because I cannot even try and explain myself. No explanation given by them, either. The whole thing smells rotten and reminds me of what happened here.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Did this happen to you or are you refering to somebody else??

massacre
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Happened to me. Today.
No insults, no name calling.
Kid named Billy(he's on here too) made a statement asking for a correction because DR said that a Marauder and an '03 CV make the same HP, which is complete BS.

I said "Billy, be careful, disagreeing with DR is grounds for a banning".

That was it. Like I said, no insults or anything of the sort.

MrBluGruv
12-22-2011, 02:42 PM
lmfao, is DR going straight senile?

RF Overlord
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm extremely frustrated by it, mostly because I cannot even try and explain myself. Scroll to the bottom of any page on CVN and look to the right. Click on "contact us". That sends an email to one (or more) of their mods or admins.

massacre
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I can't do that because it tries to send me through some other screen.

I'll figure it out, may have to switch computers.

Thanks, though.

RF Overlord
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
It should just open your email program...and populate the "to" field.

DOOM
12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Just checking in because I saw "doomed" in the title. :P

Pat
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
What is the proper address for CVN? I tried different extensions but no luck.
I would like to see the CV Site,

Blackened300a
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
"A stock Marauder or a 03 and CV makes about 233 RWHP, add LTH UDP CAK and and a dyno tune the car will approach 300RWHP this car was long tube headers and a mild tune made 325 rear wheel horsepower"

:bs:

98-2003 CVPI's make 235 bhp and the Marauder is 302 bhp. Considering they use the same transmission, why would the Crown Vic only lose 4hp from the crank to the wheels and the Marauder will lose about 65hp? :shake:
Also I must have close to 400hp because all my mods never put my over 300RWHP yet and I have a pretty aggressive tune. Now with the headers and the laundry list of mods I have, I would realistically be happy to see 310-312 RWHP. Where are these magic mods that this additional HP is coming from??
Oh right, I forgot, those brake covers add 25hp to the wheels. :rolleyes:

"Well I have done hundreds on the dyno before and after mods, and this is pretty close for a stock Crown Vic and Marauder, it's not cut in stone but the car is really nice to drive. Remember 233 RWHP is about 280 to the flywheel. Consider this man has only LTH and now a manual is making over 300 RWP which is about 360 to the flywheel."
:bs:

The rule of thumb is that automatics rob 20% or 0.80 of engine horsepower and manuals rob 15% or 0.85.
Multiply the advertised Marauder HP of 302 with the automatic by 0.80 and you get 241.6 RWHP. This is actually very close to what most stock Marauders I have seen on the dyno put down. Now do the math for a manual in a Marauder. 302bhp x 0.85= 256.7 RWHP.
Factor in LTH, UDP, tune and a intake, you may add close to 40RWHP with those mods which is what I put down on the dyno without the headers. 325RWHP is not realistic and just more propaganda. :bs:

03 CVPI advertised hp of 235 at the crank with a automatic x 0.80= 188 RWHP.
Manual is 235bhp x 0.85= 199.75 RWHP.

That's nearly identical numbers of the Marauder right?? :rolleyes: :bs:

Going by his numbers, 360hp at the crank is 288 at the wheels and 280hp at the crank is 224hp to the wheels. :bs:

Have a nice weekend.

RF Overlord
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
What is the proper address for CVN? www.crownvic.net

sailsmen
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
The amount of HP it takes to turn the rear wheels is a fixed amount of HP regardless of the CHP.
It takes ~60CHP to turn the Marauder rear wheels at ~6,500RPM. This estimate is based on the factory advertised CHP of ~300 vs stock RWHP on a DynoJet of ~240.

I have ~540RWHP on a DynoJet. This equates ~600CHP, (540RWHP + 60HP to drive the rear wheels).

Wether I have 1,000 CHP or 100CHP it does not change the HP to drive the rear wheels. The rear wheels do not know how much CHP there is.

MrBluGruv
12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Wether I have 1,000 CHP or 100CHP it does not change the HP to drive the rear wheels. The rear wheels do not know how much CHP there is.

I'm more partial to this answer. I thought this exact thing was discussed on this site already?

Regardless though, I don't buy for a second that the RWHP difference between engines that are over 60CHP apart is negligible. Pretty sure stock CVs and GMs and TCs would turn low-15s and high-14s if that were so.

EDIT: Moreover, I can't believe I EVER bought something from that guy.

RacerX
12-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Rob. I know you always mean well. :(

email link on the bottom right: noreply@crownvic.net

Hotrauder
12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Juice;1126872]Incidentally, if you stay away from the BS, you won't get caught up in it. That's how I do it anyway...[/QUOTE

Juice, No problem with keeping your head down but when things are wrong is it right to let friends get screwed while you stand silently by and let it happen?

When they came and took my neighbor no one complained, When they came and took my brother, no one complained...Then they came and took me......

I know we hang for and with our friends but I am inclinded to believe anyone who financially supports a web site of any kind that allows financial abuse of the members by vendors is by association an enabler along with the admins and the owners who condone the action and squelch the feedback. What the heck happened to character and concern? Or is it really still a jungle out there? Keep on pointing out what is right and what is wrong and standing up for the little guy and the truth. Thanks Dennis

massacre
12-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the support guys, it is much appreciated.

I know the members here have been down this road before with DR, and a lot of people on CVN haven't yet, so it really is like deja-vu. Kinda scary actually.
I guess I'm not in bad company, when you can add me to the list of people who got banned because of DR. lol

Update:
For some reason, the permanent ban has been changed to a month-long ban. Too little, too late.
Not sure I'll ever go back.

massacre
12-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanks Bill.

Once Christmas is over, I gotta get up there and drop off your parts.
No excuses lol, I have some time off that week.

gdmjoe
12-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Blackened300a ... 98-2003 CVPI's make 235 bhp ...

03 CVPI advertised hp of 235 at the crank with a automatic x 0.80= 188 RWHP.
Manual is 235bhp x 0.85= 199.75 RWHP.

http://moldyrabbit.com/liquid/power_chart.jpg

Billy
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2427183#Post2427183

I'm not gonna post in the thread anymore though because I've heard that disagreeing with him is grounds for a banning.
:flamer:

Blackened300a
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM
http://moldyrabbit.com/liquid/power_chart.jpg

Handy little chart there. I was in the ball park. My 1999 CV was a dismal 200hp. That explains why I had to plan all my moves long in advance. :D

gdsqdcr
12-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Handy little chart there. I was in the ball park. My 1999 CV was a dismal 200hp. That explains why I had to plan all my moves long in advance. :D

Should have had it tuned by DR, a stock 06 with CAK and UDP, made 240 whereas as stock Marauder made 213. I ain't buying it, maybe it is ignorance on my part. I just don't see a basically stock CV having more get up and go than a Stock Marauder. If they can keep up and surpass a Marauder, I am glad to be ignorant.

Blackened300a
12-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Should have had it tuned by DR, a stock 06 with CAK and UDP, made 240 whereas as stock Marauder made 213. I ain't buying it, maybe it is ignorance on my part. I just don't see a basically stock CV having more get up and go than a Stock Marauder. If they can keep up and surpass a Marauder, I am glad to be ignorant.

A Marauder running on 6 or 7 cylinders would make 213. I seen tired Marauders making more power then that stock. Its either a sales pitch or just stupidity.

massacre
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Its either a sales pitch or just stupidity.

In his case it could be a little of both......

Billy
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
A Marauder running on 6 or 7 cylinders would make 213. I seen tired Marauders making more power then that stock. Its either a sales pitch or just stupidity.

Or it was tuned improperly by the dyno operator:lol:

MrBluGruv
12-22-2011, 10:02 PM
After having just read the thread, my favorite part was, in response to the question of "how can they have the same power", DR saying it was 'better flow because of the heads.'

Well hot damn, apparently Ford built DOHC heads that flowed the EXACT same as their SOHC heads just to say they had DOHC heads. It's a shame too, if I would've known the DOHC heads in my MM flowed no better than SOHC heads, I would've tossed on a pair and got some WICKED weight reduction! :shake:

Listen up all you 12 N/A guys, the secret is in the SOHC heads! :lol:

yjmud
12-22-2011, 10:05 PM
my vic must need a dr tune it is not as quick as my marauder
it must be the aluminium block that is making the hp not the heads

gdsqdcr
12-22-2011, 10:17 PM
That was me asking about the same power.

I was following the tread because of the 6spd manual conversion ... As much as I think he is a scam artist, a manual Marauder would be awesome! But then I read his statements about the Vic and the Marauder being the same. BS

I responded there and then come here and find this whole thread. The one over there is entertaining. Yes, I will admit, I am having fun with him over there. I probably should not make fun of his stupidity cause he is likely drunk or high, but ... Yeah ...

MrBluGruv
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
That was me asking about the same power.

I was following the tread because of the 6spd manual conversion ... As much as I think he is a scam artist, a manual Marauder would be awesome! But then I read his statements about the Vic and the Marauder being the same. BS

I responded there and then come here and find this whole thread. The one over there is entertaining. Yes, I will admit, I am having fun with him over there. I probably should not make fun of his stupidity cause he is likely drunk or high, but ... Yeah ...

I think that kind of encapsulates the saddest part of it all: if that hack can put a T-56 in a Marauder and make it work well, why can no one else?

I understand money and all that jazz, but I've heard murmurs before that even with cash in hand some shops have refused the idea, and that says a LOT. Have rumors that it's impossible simply overshadowed the thought of even trying in everyone's mind?

Maybe him being drunk and high gave him the courage to attempt it?

My head hurts just thinking about it....

gdsqdcr
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I think that kind of encapsulates the saddest part of it all: if that hack can put a T-56 in a Marauder and make it work well, why can no one else?

He is not the first. Someone in Canada did one as well. That was how I heard it was possible ... I have talked to a couple of my local guys out here and they seem to think it would be fairly easy. For certain, it would not take 6 months even with custom fabbing some parts. He started in June and is still not done ...

Billy
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
He is not the first. Someone in Canada did one as well.
I believe I've ridden in the car you're talking about. It's another 5.4L crown vic. The 5 speed is a super clean install and it's really fun to be in. He did that swap 100% correctly and according to him it wasn't even incredibly difficult.

I've also met another person from canada with a 5 speed swapped aero crown vic, and that was also a really clean install.

And come to think of it, I've met a third person who's done a 5 speed swap. This one is in a box crown vic.

MrBluGruv
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I 100% believe it's possible, as obviously it's already been done.

When I arrived here though back around mid '08, people were saying "don't even bother", and if I remember correctly it was because either Trilogy or Paul's High Performance did it and was CONSTANTLY tearing the T-56s up.

That killed a LOT of talk about that around here. The ONE thread I found by a guy up in one of the Canadian provinces that detailed his progress never actually detailed the final important bits I think, because I stopped my search shortly after finding that thread.

Pat
12-23-2011, 05:13 AM
What is the proper address for CVN? I tried different extensions but no luck.
I would like to see the CV Site,

Thanks for the addy RF Overlord.

However, I tried to register but couldn't. the site rejected every user name and password I attempted.

Oh well, I still can monitor threads and posts.

massacre
12-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Well like I said, tread lightly because you WILL get banned for disagreeing with him. Even if he says that SOHC and DOHC motors make the same power "because of the heads".

In fact, you will get banned just for warning another member not to disagree with him. lol what a joke. Oh well, I guess in time they will learn their lesson about DR. In the meantime I hope more good, knowledgeable people don't get :banned:

RoyLPita
12-23-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm only on CVN to answer some PMs. Other than that, I'm staying away from another site where it looks like a member bought in a majority stake for control.

CNGInterceptor
12-23-2011, 06:32 AM
massacre = Rob = mind blown! Keep it touch on here buddy!

Blackened300a
12-23-2011, 06:41 AM
After having just read the thread, my favorite part was, in response to the question of "how can they have the same power", DR saying it was 'better flow because of the heads.'

Well hot damn, apparently Ford built DOHC heads that flowed the EXACT same as their SOHC heads just to say they had DOHC heads. It's a shame too, if I would've known the DOHC heads in my MM flowed no better than SOHC heads, I would've tossed on a pair and got some WICKED weight reduction! :shake:

Listen up all you 12 N/A guys, the secret is in the SOHC heads! :lol:

How irritating. Same bore and stroke just the heads are different which netted the Marauder a 60hp advantage over the SOHC, but yet the guy who claims to be the Marauder miracle worker would go on record to say they flow the same. :shake:

I understand money and all that jazz, but I've heard murmurs before that even with cash in hand some shops have refused the idea, and that says a LOT. Have rumors that it's impossible simply overshadowed the thought of even trying in everyone's mind?

Maybe him being drunk and high gave him the courage to attempt it?

My head hurts just thinking about it....

Hes taking forever to do this install so it means he is not capable of doing it or its a complete hack job like everything else that leaves his shop

He is not the first. Someone in Canada did one as well. That was how I heard it was possible ... I have talked to a couple of my local guys out here and they seem to think it would be fairly easy. For certain, it would not take 6 months even with custom fabbing some parts. He started in June and is still not done ...

The members name was "Master" he had the stock automatic shifter on top of a stick that looked a little too long. He sold the car last year.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65286

I 100% believe it's possible, as obviously it's already been done.

When I arrived here though back around mid '08, people were saying "don't even bother", and if I remember correctly it was because either Trilogy or Paul's High Performance did it and was CONSTANTLY tearing the T-56s up.

That killed a LOT of talk about that around here. The ONE thread I found by a guy up in one of the Canadian provinces that detailed his progress never actually detailed the final important bits I think, because I stopped my search shortly after finding that thread.

PHP did a complete terminator swap into a Marauder but I believe it was with the 5spd tremec transmission and that's why it kept breaking. The T-56 is a very strong transmission and can handle the power and weight of the car. That's why its the one to go for.

Well like I said, tread lightly because you WILL get banned for disagreeing with him. Even if he says that SOHC and DOHC motors make the same power "because of the heads".

In fact, you will get banned just for warning another member not to disagree with him. lol what a joke. Oh well, I guess in time they will learn their lesson about DR. In the meantime I hope more good, knowledgeable people don't get :banned:
The stuff that goes on over there is ridiculous and banning members for handing out warnings is just obscene. :shake:

Pops
12-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Pauls High Perf car wound up with a tranny out of a Viper in it. That stopped the breakage. 600 plus horse power and all the weight was to much for the other transmisions that were used.

massacre
12-23-2011, 07:08 AM
massacre = Rob = mind blown! Keep it touch on here buddy!

Of course, John. We need to meet up after Christmas. Maybe get some CCC pizza....:beer:

CNGInterceptor
12-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Of course, John. We need to meet up after Christmas. Maybe get some CCC pizza....:beer:
I'll PM you my cell phone number if I haven't done so already on CVN!

massacre
12-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll PM you my cell phone number if I haven't done so already on CVN!

Yeah, well even if you did, I can't go and get it. lmao
If you want maybe you can give me a hand test-fitting my hood. I can lift it by myself, but I'm so afraid I'm going to break something.

A transmission-related thought:

The Bondurant Vics used '99-'01 Cobra motors, and the T-45 I believe. I know the T-45s were beefed up a little but you know those cars had to have been beaten to all hell, being used in a driving school. And they lasted for a few years. Now they were Roush-prepped but I'm thinking a well-built 5 spd can take it. I've driven, removed & installed a few T-56s, and they seem extremely stout. Granted, they were in lighter chassis cars. I think pops is right, the Viper-spec T-56 is a little stronger than the Camaro or Cobra spec.

Blackened300a
12-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Here's the dyno sheet for the Crown vic that put down 239RWHP with a Cold air and a Pulley.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/84706a80.jpg

Heres the sheet for the stock Marauder that only put down 213 RWHP.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/80e0e570.jpg

Look closely at the bottom of the dyno sheet's. He ran the Crown vic up to 6000 RPM's to get a reading. This stock Marauder was only ran up to 4000 RPM's when the reading was taken.

More :bs: :shake:

Krytin
12-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting that up Paul!
Most of the people who have met me in person already know how I feel about DR.
Stuff like this just keeps prooving me right!

massacre
12-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Wow. I noticed on the 2V dyno sheet that the 2V really dropped off after 4-4.5 grand. Why would you continue to run it up to 6 grand?

IMHO I'd rather have the HP/TQ curve on that MM dyno sheet, curving nicely up. That 2V HP/TQ curve looks like a train wreck in comparison.
Why stop the pull at only 4 grand on the MM? With a PSRI they can make power to 7 grand???

Blackened300a
12-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Wow. I noticed on the 2V dyno sheet that the 2V really dropped off after 4-4.5 grand. Why would you continue to run it up to 6 grand?

IMHO I'd rather have the HP/TQ curve on that MM dyno sheet, curving nicely up. That 2V HP/TQ curve looks like a train wreck in comparison.
Why stop the pull at only 4 grand on the MM? With a PSRI they can make power to 7 grand???

The convertor locked up on the CV run, that's the loop at 3500 RPM's. The Marauder dyno sheet is pointless and useless to even post up.

You are correct about a PSRI. This is my dyno sheet BEFORE the SRI installed. My TQ starts to drop off and the HP levels out for the rest of the run.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/b4a4be6a.jpg

Heres my dyno sheet with the SRI installed. The HP and TQ peak then level out with much less drop off in power up to 6000 RPM's
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/c00d707f.jpg

a_d_a_m
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm a mod at CVN, but I moderate ONE forum and all I can do is sticky/lock/rename/delete topics in that forum - that's about it.

That being said, I don't know what's going on with CVN admin lately and what Dennis' control/contact level is with them. Steve S. has been largely MIA throughout this year, and some members have spoken of attempting to buy the site off his hands.

I hope you'll come back when your ban is over. The place isn't all bad....just.......mismanaged sometimes?

sailsmen
12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I can't make out the chart very well. Looks like the Marauder Dyno run was shut down because it ran out of fuel.

massacre
12-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Adam I do not, nor have I ever had any problems with you.
You are on the short list of people that I will miss.
But when I warned another member that disagreeing with DR can get you banned(because it had gotten me banned in the past, and I didn't want that member to get banned in the same fashion), that is absolutely no reason to ban someone. Especially the way I said it: with no negativity, no wise-azz remarks, nothing.

It was Ryan who banned me, and I tried to email him for an explanation but my emails keep getting bounced back to me for some reason. So who knows what was going through his head? He said that I was "*****ting on Reinhart". Well if warning another member that disagreeing with him is grounds for a ban is "*****ting on him", then that site needs to re-evaluate what "*****ting on" someone actually is. So IDK if DR went to him complaining or what, but the whole thing is a bunch of BS and it sounds like going back there will just lead to more bannings and more drama and to be honest I don't need that in my life right now. I am getting to the final stages of my build and it sucks enough working in an unheated garage in the winter, don't need this aggravation on top of it.

BTW the word that looks like ****ting, actually rhymes with "knitting"

Chayton
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM

erm.... you do realize that the email is NOREPLY :confused:

Bigdogjim
12-23-2011, 12:45 PM
The stuff that goes on over there is ridiculous and banning members for handing out warnings is just obscene. :shake:

You know what happends on a web site should stay there.

Every web site I am sure has issues.

Me I do not have any issues:)

Pops
12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Me I do not have any issues:)[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny! :D

gdmjoe
12-23-2011, 01:53 PM
gdsqdcr ... I just don't see a basically stock CV having more get up and go than a Stock Marauder. If they can keep up and surpass a Marauder, I am glad to be ignorant.
1st of all am not siding with anyone regarding the CVN thread/DR/etc., however, a point .....

During the 2004 dyno' tune session(s) at Team Ford in Atlanta that a lot of the members here attended, I had my 2003 LX Sport there, added a Marauder airbox+80mmMAF, and then had a dyno' 87octane tune. *Already had O/D pulleys installed.

The end-results were: 218.1HP / 261.9FtLbs

The next member up on the roller was Dave (don't recall his lastname, member ID, though was from Charlotte) with his completely stock 2004 DTR Marauder with a light flint interior. He requested a minor tune with just a small bump in timing.

While I don't recall the exact end-results, I do remember that the HP was only ~3 more than what I had achieved, however, his torque was 10+FtLbs less than my results.

Same ...tuner - Aric (Jerry ( Wroblewski ) tune)
same dyno'
same atmospheric conditions
etc., etc., etc..The point is that it IS possible for a mildly mod'ed Crown Victoria to beat a stock Marauder. *Though it's not usual.

sailsmen
12-23-2011, 02:59 PM
I once saw a comparison with the same tuner and dyno. One generated 390RWHP and one 380RWHP.

The 380RWHP had a slipping belt. Same car with non slipping belt, same tuner and same dyno 470RWHP.

I agree it is possible a F^*Ked Up OEM Marauder will develop less than ~240RWHP. We have seen dyno run after dyno run on different OEM Marauders coming in at ~240RWHP.

I am curious the best OEM 1/4 time for a Marauder I have ever seen is 14.56. What is the best for an OEM CV?

RacerX
12-23-2011, 07:18 PM
erm.... you do realize that the email is NOREPLY :confused:
Exactly!!! ;)

While we're showing dyno sheets, Paul's and mine are damn close after the PSRI:

Before being stock with ONLY a tune, after being NAZ PSRI and 98 Cobra cams:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/579/Dynorun1.jpg

Pat
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Not long after I bought my Marauder in July 2004, I took it to my local dyno shop (since gone out of business) and the car with a Diablo Sport canned Predator tune cranked out 245 at the wheels. No other mods, no tuning other than the flasher from Diablo Sports.

massacre
12-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Here's what I love:

On CVN, tech threads often disintegrate into stupidity.

In this case, a stupid thread disintegrates into tech.

I love every second of it!

Tech is love.

Serge
12-24-2011, 08:27 AM
If you are going to tell a story then tell the full story. You were repeatedly warned and banned after repeatedly trying to stir **** up with Reinhart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PoliceInterceptor/cvn/gsdh-1.jpg

Also, I just want to mention that I was a recipient of a rant on another forum(pantherfreedom.net) by GSDNH(massacre) who falsely accused me of banning him from CVN. I got called every name in the book and even got an email. That thread got pulled from the site but I still have the email.

BigNSlow,

blackkettle from Panther Freedom Network Forums has sent you the following message:
------------------------------------------
You permanently banned me for that statement that I made today? With no warning?

Wicked ***** move, bro. I would take a week or two, or even a moth but PERMANENT?

That is straight up ********.
------------------------------------------

Thank you,
Panther Freedom Network Forums Staff
http://pantherfreedom.net/forums

I had to go digging just to find out what this was all about. Remember, there are always 2 sides to each story.

loud2004marquis
12-24-2011, 09:04 AM
For some reason, this comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4vKlx2kfY&list=FLXsjvEtHYmlCZebwRJCJ3uA&index=272&feature=plpp_video

massacre
12-24-2011, 09:20 AM
You had to go digging, so that means that you weren't up on the details. You didn't even know who I was. LOL

You keep saying I was banned and warned "repeatedly" but it was only once. You are not being intellectually honest with yourself.

And once again, your moderation team's definition of what constitutes "sh--ting" on someone needs to be re-evaluated.
You're posting screenshots, that's rich.....
Why don't you post up the screenshot of my original statement?
All I did was warn a fellow member that disagreeing with Reinhart could get him banned, and I was banned for trying to warn him.
Where is that screenshot, Serge?

I don't think you'll find a lot of sympathy for DR over here, too many members of this site have been down that road, getting banned for blinking wrong in DR's direction. Zack and Travis are gone because of it, two valuable members lost.

All of the screenshots in the world doesn't make it right.
And I already apologized profusely for the false accusation, very classy of you to throw it in my face after the fact. How very "CVN" of you lol.

Just when I thought this thread and this drama was done & over with, here comes another CVN drama sh--storm.

Have a great life and good luck with your website!:beer:

Serge
12-24-2011, 09:54 AM
You had to go digging, so that means that you weren't up on the details. You didn't even know who I was. LOL

I am up to details now after catching up on some posts. And the only reason I didn't know who you were is because you use different screen name on every website. Never in your post or your email did you say who you were on CVN. You didn't even use same email as the one you registered with.

You keep saying I was banned and warned "repeatedly" but it was only once. You are not being intellectually honest with yourself.

I guess Ryan is a liar then when he says he banned you more than once prior for the same reason.

And once again, your moderation team's definition of what constitutes "sh--ting" on someone needs to be re-evaluated.

No, it doesn't. Our job is to keep the forum flowing smoothly without someone trying to start things up. Your comments were leading up to another argument.

You're posting screenshots, that's rich.....
Why don't you post up the screenshot of my original statement?
All I did was warn a fellow member that disagreeing with Reinhart could get him banned, and I was banned for trying to warn him.
Where is that screenshot, Serge?

Yes, I am posting screenshots because nobody has access to the staff forum to see for themselves.

And why would I post a screenshot of your original statement when you quoted it yourself in one of the posts above?

I don't think you'll find a lot of sympathy for DR over here, too many members of this site have been down that road, getting banned for blinking wrong in DR's direction. Zack and Travis are gone because of it, two valuable members lost.

I am not here to find sympathy for DR. Don't really care about DR either way. I've had my own bad experience with him. This thread isn't about DR anyway. It's about you coming here and bad mouthing CVN and how you were treated unfair. Yet you fail to mention that you got banned twice before for the same reason. Neither me nor Ryan nor any other moderator gain anything from DR. Steve S is the only one that collects sponsorship fees and selects sponsors and he's been gone for weeks.

You repeatedly went into sponsor's section of the forum and tried to get people going. Your posts were worded in a way that you taunted staff and other members.

All of the screenshots in the world doesn't make it right.
And I already apologized profusely for the false accusation, very classy of you to throw it in my face after the fact. How very "CVN" of you lol.

So, what? Am just suppose to forget that it happened and be best buddies with you again? I saw what you said so I know how you feel about me. Just because you apologized your feelings towards me are now different? Mine sure aren't after reading that.

Before this incident you were just some guy on CVN. Now you are GSDNH, the guy that thinks I am a nazi moderator with a hideous car. Would be pretty awkward running into you at a meet.

DEFYANT
12-24-2011, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Juice;1126872]Incidentally, if you stay away from the BS, you won't get caught up in it. That's how I do it anyway...[/QUOTE

Juice, No problem with keeping your head down but when things are wrong is it right to let friends get screwed while you stand silently by and let it happen?

When they came and took my neighbor no one complained, When they came and took my brother, no one complained...Then they came and took me......

I know we hang for and with our friends but I am inclinded to believe anyone who financially supports a web site of any kind that allows financial abuse of the members by vendors is by association an enabler along with the admins and the owners who condone the action and squelch the feedback. What the heck happened to character and concern? Or is it really still a jungle out there? Keep on pointing out what is right and what is wrong and standing up for the little guy and the truth. Thanks Dennis

Perfectly said Dennis! :beer:

DEFYANT
12-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Look at the dyno sheets on the very bottom. Notice the RPM's
The crown Vic with mods was ran up to 6000 RPM's to get 239 RWHP out of it, the Marauder was ran up to 4000 RPMs to get 213 RWHP. These dyno sheets prove nothing and are inaccurate. I seen about 4 stock Marauders on the dyno, all of them ranged between 235-242 RWHP and the torque was in the 275-285 range.
Marauders don't start to make any power to about 4500 RPM's.

Indeed Paul you are correct.

I suspect this obvious over site is made to steer members here away from the Marauder and into the CV mod game with "the aftermarket" It's long been proven which car makes more HP out of the box. Maybe there are sour grapes by DR towards the Marauder.

I just hope the community here learns from what happen at www.mercurymarauder.net

Like I said. Buyer beware CV and MM modders!

TooManyFords
12-24-2011, 12:27 PM
This thread need moar kitteh pictures!

massacre
12-24-2011, 01:32 PM
I guess Ryan is a liar then when he says he banned you more than once prior for the same reason.

He is either lying or mistaken because I was only banned once before for that offense.

Your comments were leading up to another argument.

No way Jose. I was warning another member. There were no insults of any kind, no off-color language or anything derogatory.

You repeatedly went into sponsor's section of the forum and tried to get people going. Your posts were worded in a way that you taunted staff and other members.

You love to use that word "repeatedly", don't you?
I went in there ONCE and I received a ban for it. I did my time for that offense. Taunted staff? Post those screenshots. I want you to post a screenshot of me "repeatedly taunting staff and members" in DR's forum.
Now you're just blatantly lying.
You already said that you were going to deliberately try and "make me look like a laughingstock on every Panther website".
Wow, that's really mature. And you're a moderator?

Before this incident you were just some guy on CVN. Now you are GSDNH, the guy that thinks I am a nazi moderator with a hideous car. Would be pretty awkward running into you at a meet.

What's funny, Serge, is that I never once mentioned your name in this thread. You are the one who took it upon yourself to come in here after the thread was dead, and stir up a bunch of crap. Now you are making false accusations against me for some reason.

Even one of your own moderators said that that the site is mismanaged.;)

I think it would be great if we could just leave this all behind us and move on. Even though you have come here and made false accusations against me to try and make me look bad, I don't hate you Serge. And your car is nice.
I already apologized 100 times for saying that, how many times will it take?
:beer:

TAKEDOWN
12-24-2011, 10:20 PM
I see where this thread is heading... IBTL!

DEFYANT
12-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Count me among the Banned!

"Your account has been banned or locked. This is a permanent ban. If the Administrator has specified a reason for this ban, you will find it below."

Gee, was it something I said?

Commodore Crap
12-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Aye. And God have mercy on your soul if the first mod you do isn't the $500+ MZT mod that yeilds all of what, 15-20Hp.
I did a push button start on my 93. I showed pics and such.
"You're doing it wrong"
"That's not how you're supposed to do it".
"That's a hot air intake, and you're dumb".
That's one of the best things about modding and hot-rodding; there are no set guidelines on how you want your end product to look, perform, sound, etc.
Sorry for another vent. I'm not a fan either.
Maybe we should start our own forum....
-ryan s.

massacre
12-25-2011, 06:01 AM
I didn't intend for this to be a generic "bash CVN" thread.
There are many valuable members there that are very, very knowledgeable about the Panther platform, and some real nice people, as well. There are even some pretty fast cars there, as well as nitrous, blown and turbo cars.

I just mentioned that what happened with DR over here, seems to be happening over there now. There are good and bad points about every car forum, and CVN has a lot of good points, more than a lot of sites in fact. And, everybody makes mistakes. It appears as if one was made towards me in this case, but I also made mistakes after the fact by accusing a mod for banning me, when that mod had nothing to do with it.

So no one was above being guilty, I screwed up too by my reaction.
All I can do is try and learn from this experience and not repeat the mistakes that I made, hopefully those involved on the other side can too.

MM03MOK
12-25-2011, 06:25 AM
On that note, I think the discussion has come full circle.

Merry Christmas to All....

:santa: