PDA

View Full Version : Tornado.... ROUND 2!

CWright
12-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, back in April we were pounded with Tornado's in the south. Today as the system came through it hit us again. I was standing in the garage when it started and had to run in to take cover with the family in the middle of our house. This was totally unexpected. Fortunately, we didn't take a direct hit. It did, however, miss us about 100 yards and messed up my best friends house and all the houses around him. I have heard major destruction took place further in town but I haven't been able to leave here yet. Anyway, I had my camper at the house and a generator so we are in it now and I'm using the hotspot from my phone. I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas while I have service and thanks to all for being apart of this site!

Chris

DOOM
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Chris I'm glad it missed you and that you and your family are well! :beer:

MM2004
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Damn Chris!

Glad you and the family are OK.

Please. Please, keep us posted...

Merry Christmas my friend.

You have my number; call anytime.

Mike.

CWright
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey Chris I'm glad it missed you and that you and your family are well! :beer:

Damn Chris!

Mike.

Thanks guys! I will try to post up picts later on. We were very fortunate!

White Knuckles
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow Chris, sorry to hear. It got a little dicey around here as well. Alot of thunder, lightning and wind, but the sirens never went off.
Glad you are all safe.

Mr. Man
12-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Damn Chris!

Mike.
We all got your number buckaroo:D:P

Glad you and your family are safe Chris.:)

ROCOB
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Glad you and your family are well. Call me if we can be of assistance.

TAKEDOWN
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Wow... Glad to hear you guys are okay, and to make things worse with Christmas around the corner! Is it me or has weather rapidly gotten worse within recent years.

PonyUP
12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Damn Chris, thank God you and the family are safe, sorry to hear about your friends home.
I'm in San Diego until Monday, but let me know if you need anything.
Very glad you are safe

Pony seal of Approval

CWright
12-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys! All is good here now. Just got a call from GaMike to check in as well. I'm not big on sharing bad news but this one put it high up on the scale. Weather has been crazy. I guess a blizzard might be in store this winter. Who knows? I hope all is well with everyone. I will get some picts up tomorrow. Going to chill the rest of the night in the camper to a sweet sound of a generator.:beer:

MOTOWN
12-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow! Chris just read this thread, i had no idea you had a close call with the storm, glad to hear you and your family are ok.

wickedmerc
12-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Scary stuff! Glad to hear you and your family are OK.

1stMerc
12-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Wow Chris, glad to hear you and the family were spared the ordeal. Sorry to hear about you friend. Hope you don't have to endure anymore bad weather.

fastblackmerc
12-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Let me know if you need anything.......

Marauderman
12-23-2011, 05:10 AM
WOW! Glad everyone is safe and warm for now---Storms are crazy this time of the year----Stay in touch and again so great all are safe --Hug everyone !!

boatmangc
12-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Chris, I'm glad you and yours are safe.
I remember growing up in tornado country, scary stuff. I'll swap out Hurricanes any day.
At least you get a little heads up before your stuff gets wrecked.

knine
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Holy ****ing ****, tornadoes in December? Glad you are O.K.

Gryphonzus
12-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Glad to hear all are safe and sound! Keep us informed if you need anything.

CWright
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the sentiments everyone! Today we got to see the extent of the damage. It was pretty wild with the path it took. We were suppose to meet my in laws at 5 for dinner at Red Lobster last night and Thankfully we decided not to go because they had many injuries at the resteraunt with all the windows that were blown out. The storm came through at 4:50. If you saw some the national news today I heard we were on there and it showed a building that was blown down. That was next door to Red Lobster. We are counting our blessings! We found that my friends house does have structure damage and will more than likely have to have part of it torn down and rebuilt. The main thing is nobody lost their life.? We are still without power and waiting patiently but this will be a Christmas to remember no doubt.

DOOM
12-24-2011, 01:50 PM
What level tornado was it?

CWright
12-25-2011, 03:16 PM
It ended up being an EF2. They said we had 127 mph winds hit our neighborhood. Everyone is trying to get back to normal and the power came back on Christmas Eve morning about 1 am. Christmas has still been great considering the circumstances but all is well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! Can't wait till Louisville 2012!

CDUB

GAMike
12-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Good to hear things are returning to somewhat normal Chris...... Lets hope this is the last of strange weather in Rome for a long time..........

TAKEDOWN
12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Holy ****ing ****, tornadoes in December? Glad you are O.K.

Weather patterns have been pretty scary these past years.