PDA

View Full Version : Cobra or MM

Speed
12-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok I waited long enough...LOL, and I'm looking to fill my garage space come the New Year or shortly thereafter. So I have located a 2004 Cobra and MM, gentlemen older than me already build both nicely with 50.XXX miles give or take and own. Unfortunately I can't have both.

Which one do the masses like better?

PonyUP
12-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Well I'm going to venture to say the masses will prefer the Marauder, myself included.
Now I say this being an owner of both, but the mustang is a car that anyone can have, yes even a cobra. But a Marauder with only 50 on the clock is a great rarity.
That plus the fact that I don't like the 04 body style of the Mustang and lean towards to more recent body stylings

Pony seal of Approval

Juice
12-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Who cares about another fast Mustang?

DOOM
What are the mods on both cars???

MyBlackBeasts
Ok I waited long enough...LOL, and I'm looking to fill my garage space come the New Year or shortly thereafter. So I have located a 2004 Cobra and MM, gentlemen older than me already build both nicely with 50.XXX miles give or take and own. Unfortunately I can't have both.

Which one do the masses like better?

Both are great cars but if I had to choose it would be the MM. I love hot big cars! When I was a kid my dad had a 58 Chev cop car he restored and I was in love at that age! :bows:

TAKEDOWN
12-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Who cares about another fast Mustang?

Supercharged MARAUDER is the way to go!!!

Speed
12-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Sorry its an O3 Cobra http://www.themustangtrader.com/details.php?id=23342

The MM belongs to Dennis

foxbodymike87
12-24-2011, 09:47 PM
03 Cobra FTMFW!! I would loove to own one.

hot-rauder
12-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry its an O3 Cobra http://www.themustangtrader.com/details.php?id=23342

The MM belongs to Dennis

i would say personal preferance is what matters most. Being an owner of both a Mach1 and Marauder, they are completely different beasts. A lot of people dont care for the Mustangs interior of that year and have problems getting in and out i find. but if you want a better handeling and performing car out of the box, the Cobra is the choice.

If you want a head turner for some people, and a completely unknown car to most, the Marauder is it. Its bigger, slower, and wont ever handel the same. But its preferance really. Its a very hard choice. Marauders to me seem more practical, but thats me. The mach1 doesnt see anything but sunny skies and is washed once a week when its out for the 4 months of good weather.

wickedmerc
12-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I like my Marauder, especially when I gotta load the kids in.

BUT...

WOW! That is a sharp Cobra. Love the color and that's an imressive laundry-list of speed parts. If you're lookin' for a toy, I think you gotta go with that Cobra. Getting a MM in the 10's is gonna cost some $$.

NXSBOB
12-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Just in case you are interested. A AS NEW STOCK RED 97 COBRA 3,200 MILES.

kariamack
12-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I say cobra . there not going down in value like the mm are

twin03
12-24-2011, 11:33 PM
The Marauder bro.

Hotrauder
12-24-2011, 11:50 PM
i would say personal preferance is what matters most. Being an owner of both a Mach1 and Marauder, they are completely different beasts. A lot of people dont care for the Mustangs interior of that year and have problems getting in and out i find. but if you want a better handeling and performing car out of the box, the Cobra is the choice.

If you want a head turner for some people, and a completely unknown car to most, the Marauder is it. Its bigger, slower, and wont ever handel the same. But its preferance really. Its a very hard choice. Marauders to me seem more practical, but thats me. The mach1 doesnt see anything but sunny skies and is washed once a week when its out for the 4 months of good weather.

Ah, young grass hopper, the key words are out of the box and you are 100%correct, however, as the Marauder Gang gathered at Grand Muffler in Marietta, Ga. watching from above the Parkway observed as Lill Alllie Cat and I, in the FruitPunch, taught manners to an 03 Cobra and as the crowds at SVTOA learned two years in a row at SVTOA High Performance Driving Clinics at Sebring International Speedway, the FruitPunch ran down and passed the Cobras stint after stint. There is nothing about the FruitPunch that is out of the box, unless you mean original off the car and into the box the upgrades came in. :) I only mention this as my name came up and I thought clarification might be appropriate and informative. There are other Marauders that give no quarter in speed, handling, braking and overall performance to a whole lot of "sports" fast cars. Besides which, heck I am old enough to brag.:D Merry Christmas. After I am gone please take good care of my user name.....:beer: and don't street race, take it to the track where it is real. With a smile and affection. Dennis

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/8/5/5/IMG_0264.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/8/5/5/1022052.jpg

martyo
12-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Tony, come down to my place and drive one of each and then decide.

Also, feel free to call me or e-mail me and we can chat about the pros and cons of both.

guspech750
12-25-2011, 04:50 AM
They are both cool ass hell!! But I am leaning more towards the Marauder. Supercharge the MM along with a forged motor along with suspension mods and Wilwoods and you are set.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

boatmangc
12-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Of course on a Marauder site the trend will be to go with a MM.
On a Stang site I am sure the members would lean towards the Cobra.

But any Cobra over a TWIN SCREW MM?
No contest for me! I'd be havin me a Fruitpunch Hotrauder MM.

LANDY
12-25-2011, 06:19 AM
The twin screw has potential for making lots of power once you get a forged bottom end.
The terminator with their easily acheived 600rwhp is sick fast.
But the fruitpunch marauder is priceless.

71cyclone
12-25-2011, 07:10 AM
With age comes Wisdom- Make mine MARAUDER-[ I have had a few mustangs ]

Gryphonzus
12-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Tell you what you buy my 2003 Black Procharged Marauder and I will buy The DTR since they are the slowest color.

Black&Gifted
12-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Terminator. Hands down. Less were built than the Marauders. Came with forged engine from the factory. Can put down a "streetable" 600+ rwhp with less than 5k in mods. There is a reason it was named "the terminator" internally by SVT.

Terminator (or an e92 M3) is going to be my next toy.

ImpalaSlayer
12-25-2011, 06:04 PM
termi ftw, way more fun to be had in a stang than a mm. 6 speed makes a fast car way more fun.

LANDY
12-25-2011, 06:28 PM
:)
Tell you what you buy my 2003 Black Procharged Marauder and I will buy The DTR since they are the slowest color.
Your car has vortech unit, and it is one of the baddest mm's out there

Spectragod
12-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Fruitpunch is one of the nicest Marauders out there, Mustangs are a dime a dozen, there is only 1 Fruitpunch.

jstevens
12-25-2011, 07:32 PM
If we are talking about "the" fruitpunch than theres no decision.

Gryphonzus
12-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry Landy my mistake! Still have not pushed to its full potential. Have not been able to get it to the track.:bigcry:

Guittard22
12-26-2011, 08:34 AM
My friend big on the cobra he loves it. But it really comes down to what you want to drive around . Will this be a dd ? If it's a true 2004 cobra here
Is some numbers he sent me . Good luck

Overall 2004 Cobra Units Produced: 5664
Overall 2004 Cobra Coupe Units Produced: 3768
Overall 2004 Cobra Convertible Units Produced: 1896
Overall 2004 Mystichrome Cobra's Produced: 1010

I would want a mm there getting hard to find the low miles cars .

GAMike
12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Fruitpunch is one of the nicest Marauders out there, Mustangs are a dime a dozen, there is only 1 Fruitpunch.

There is no comparrison......... 79k Termi or 50k mi. Twin Screw Marauder with all the goodies and an owner known here for his meticulous attention to detail????

Fruitpunch by 5 car lengths:burnout: You can have all the HP in the world, but if it does not "hook" what good is it? Fruitpunch hooks:eek::D

SpartaPerformance
12-26-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't see how you can compare the two, they are totally different cars. The MM is more comfortable to get in and out of, rides great, looks great, fits 4 comfortably. The Cobra is just looks and speed, so you have to figure out what fits you best.

Captain Dynball
12-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I've had both now and I gotta say I prefer the Marauder. It's like having your cake and eating it too! I will be able to make this Marauder really quick and still have things like heated seats, a back seat thats worth a damn, and a fricken FRAME!

The Cobra's were alot of fun but when it came to just cruising or driving around (not racing) they were uncomfortable and just a general pain to drive.

SC Cheesehead
12-27-2011, 08:35 AM

BIG +1 on that!

Fruitpunch, FTW!

CBT
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Get both, not seeing the problem here. :confused: