PDA

View Full Version : Marauder memories of 2011

Blackened300a
12-31-2011, 06:52 PM
This was a big year for myself and my Marauder. This year I finally installed long tube headers, had a professional detail on the car, new spoiler and front bumper re-paint, ran my fastest 1/4 mile E.T ,had another big turn out for Carlisle this year and even took home a 2nd place win from the people voting. Most importantly which to me is the most meaningful event of 2011, I had a hand in the planning and execution of our biggest meet of the year, Marauderville 9.

Without this car or all of you guys and girls that I consider to be my extended family that I met through the site, this year would have been rather uneventful and pretty boring.
I wanna thank you guys for having the same passion as I do for the car that makes this car club one of the greatest and I also look forward to continuing this passion into 2012 so I can see all of my Marauder family yet again at our social gatherings.

Happy and a Healthy New Year to all of MercuryMarauder.net :beer:

Any milestones for your Marauder in 2011??

jwibbity
12-31-2011, 06:55 PM
i finally bought mine back in april, joined here 2 days later and been building my marauder knowledge and mod list ever since, love the people here

Bluerauder
12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
This was a big year for myself and my Marauder. Any milestones for your Marauder in 2011??

I enjoyed just being a part of several of the Marauder events throughout the year .... and we had some great ones in 2011.

Bert's Annual Meet in April 2011
Carlisle "All Fords" in June 2011 (1st Place BoS N/A :trophy: )
Captain Dan's Crab Shack meet in July 2011
Manassas Weekly Car Cruise in July 2011
Hammerdown's DTR Purchase in August 2011
Marauderville IX (MV9) in October 2011 (3rd Place BoS N/A :trophy: )

2 custom diecast Blue MMs from Peter
Brushed and Painted Door Sills from FastBlackMerc

Sesame Place with the grandson in July 2011
Ocean City, MD with the wife for our 36th anniversary in September 2011

HammerDown
12-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Since I just bought mine in August, got SS inserts and windows tinted. Always looking for the next thing to do with the car......

And yes, a big milestone was being part of the planning for Marauderville 9, and getting there in my OWN DTR!!!! (and I actually got there early!!!!)

Looking forward to the various meets for 2012 and seeing you all again.

Happy, healty new year to everyone.

Bradley G
12-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Got to my first Louisville meet(thanks knine & guspech750), many local gatherings, Drove a blue( Thanks knine), Ran a new personal best 1/4 mile 12.4@110 (thanks Lonnie), celebrated eight years of ownership yesterday , Installed a new set of OEM floormats today (Thanks Spectragod).

SergntMac
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Ditto...Happy 2012 to all, y'all be safe.

Mac.

Ladyhawke
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Keeping with tradition we attended the Kentucky meet, next off to Berts, ABC Brewery, and Captain Dan's Crab Shack, then both KB Marauders had fun at Carlisle, Kenny Brown's 25th Celebration in Indiana and Marauderville 9. Gordon and I were both honored with trophies at Carlisle and the Kenny Brown event and mine at MV9.

We had an awesome time with our Marauder family in 2011, including organizing and carrying out a successful Marauderville.

We wish everyone a safe, healthy Happy New Year and look forward to getting together in 2012!!!

justbob
12-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Miles of smiles to my third Louisville trip, More smiles and a sore butt to MV9, and local gatherings to sit, chill, and talk even more car talk.

Custom headers FINALLY
Electric cutouts (oh so fun)
Custom X pipe
Magnaflows
Pioneer FB700
2 amps
A mile of wire..
Back up cam
Pioneer XM
Bluetooth
Pioneer IPod interface
Hurst linelock
Class Glass hood
Carbon clutches
JLT
FBM's interior LED kit
New Badgless grille
New scars / less blood / a bucket of tears
About 80 new friends online and at least 30 in person

Things purchased but sitting.

3500 mile 04 Cobra short block
60# Siemens injectors
Marauder timing cover
8 bolt flexplate
4" elbows for future custom CAI
2.8 Pulley
Front and rear sway bars w/Moog end links
31 spline axle/carrier kit w/ master install kit

I KNOW there had to be more???

To start off the new year right, I am suppose to pick up four MM wheels tomorrow afternoon.. :D

So much more to buy it makes me dizzy and broke.

wickedmerc
12-31-2011, 11:16 PM
In April 2011, I installed a new long block thanks mostly to a certain Mr Blackened300a. Thanks again for all your help in 2011 and I wish you and your co-pilot a happy and healthy 2012!!!

martyo
12-31-2011, 11:47 PM

Mac.

Hey Mac!!!!!!!!!

guspech750
01-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Milestones. Hmmmm.

Eaton Swap
Zack & Mac rear control arms
Addco F & R swaybars
Wilwood kit for the front
Jmod
New rear tires

Another great year of talking with my fellow Marauder peeps went by. I had a blast at Louisville and MV9. A super big thank you to all who put on such great events. And a big thank you to all the members and site owners that make this site possible. As always. I love getting together with my local MM peeps.

And I am thankful for the chance to go back to Hawaii right now and spend an incredible time with my 9yr old daughter and my wife.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Ms. Denmark
01-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Eric and I had a great 2011 Marauder year. We went to lots of local cruise nights and Eric took home several plaques. We enjoyed planning the New Hampshire Motor Speedway Meet (2nd Annual) and spending time with great people! Attending Carlisle 2011 with 2 Marauders was a highlight and we plan on being there in 2012! Participating in the year long planning of MV 9 with the Dream Team of fellow .net members( who are valued friends) was a real labor of love!!! It is always good when the man you love loves to do things you love too.;) We went out to 2 CVN/.net combo meets and hope to do more of them. Met some great new people! And yes, I had that deer encounter, but no one was hurt and my SB will literally be better than ever! Eric got me some new brakes and the 4" MEGs tips. Looking forward to taking my new and improved Marauder out to all the meets we can! Eric and I hope to see all of our friends and meet many more during 2012!! happy New Year to all of you!

Merc-O-matic
01-01-2012, 11:03 AM

Mac.

Mac, Great to see you back here for the Holiday. Best wishes to you
for a healthy and Happy New Year 2012 also.

Gotta Love It!

PurdueRifleman
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
2011 saw my first accident ever on an icy four lane overpass in my hometown in January. Minor damage was fixed a month later and looks good as new. The tune I installed later that day made it feel even better than new!

I also returned from my 3yr hiatus from women and had my first date in the Marauder back in April. We're still together, exactly eight months later and she loves the car!

Ken
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I also returned from my 3yr hiatus from women and had my first date in the Marauder back in April. We're still together, exactly eight months later and she loves the car!That says it all! Waited for the right one. :up:

Ken
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Found a DD 04, 125k miles, rough around the edges, gotta give it a little TLC, but, the price was right.

Mike
01-01-2012, 01:14 PM
My memories of 2011 are that I sold my BLUE :( but sold it to a GREAT guy........Shijack :beer:

Bluerauder
01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
My memories of 2011 are that I sold my BLUE :( but sold it to a GREAT guy........Shaijack :beer:

.... so that it could make it to Marauderville IX (MV9) in PA. :D

Mr. Man
01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
My memories of 2011 are that I sold my BLUE :( but sold it to a GREAT guy........Shijack :beer: +1 We all enjoyed getting to meet him and his lovely wife at MV 9!!

tbone
01-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Had a ball at my Marauder gathering in late July.:beer:

tbone
01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Time goes way too fast.

TAKEDOWN
01-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Trilogy TwinScrew, SW Headers, Dyno tune by Lidio... Can't complain! 2012 goal is to finally attend a Marauderville gathering!

dohc324ci
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Bitter sweet for me after almost a year out of commisin she logged 8k since 8-2011! 2012 she will be as is may be as brake lines and some suspension work.

ImpalaSlayer
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
i sold mine back in FEB (i think?). hard to believe its been almost a year

Go2GuyFL
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Getting to meet and hear Steve Babcock was huge for me. Doing a family vacation centered around our cars was a double bonus.

P.S. Paul ... You forgot to mention receiving a Local 282 t-shirt after 14 yrs in.

Blackened300a
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Getting to meet and hear Steve Babcock was huge for me. Doing a family vacation centered around our cars was a double bonus.

P.S. Paul ... You forgot to mention receiving a Local 282 t-shirt after 14 yrs in.

This is true. 14 years of paying dues and I had to meet a connection to get a shirt. :D
Thanks again!

stryker
01-06-2012, 08:02 PM
i finally bought mine back in april, joined here 2 days later and been building my marauder knowledge and mod list ever since, love the people here Well Mangs right now i'm far to buy one but I never lost my hope to in a future I can buy a Marauder. meanwhile I will still upgrading and continue the mods phases of my BP74I so take a peek to my thread dedicated to my Panther Interceptor and Happy new year to all members here.