PDA

View Full Version : My First Improvement for 2012!

martyo
01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
We use one of these hearing units at our commercial shop, so I decied to have my guy install one of these previously used in my home shop as well.

It will run on LP and cranks out 200,000 BTUs.

I will use it to keep the shop from freezing when I am not there and to warm the place up when I am.

The gas bottle will be delivered/installed on Wednesday.

This will be a huge improvement over the heat pump/strips that I currently use and I expect will save me some money overall on my utility bills.

Can't wait to fire it up!

http://legalknevil.com/gallery3/var/resizes/My-Garage/Heater.JPG?m=1325425569

RacerX
01-01-2012, 08:51 AM
That's cool. My buddy that owns a garage has a heater that actually burns the discarded oil from the oil changes they do. Free heat!

71cyclone
01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
WHERE's CASEY " CBT " HAPPY NEW YEAR to THE FAMILY [VIRGINIA ] & all Blues BROTHERS

massacre
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I used to have a heater just like that in my garage, but the landlord did some renovations and removed it. I think the heater is still there, but the mounting bracketry and the huge tank are long gone ;( . It took a little while to get up to temp but actually worked really well.
I use a small grill-sized tank now with a couple small heaters and it's still pretty cold.

Good for you! So much nicer working in a heated garage....

Spectragod
01-01-2012, 09:43 AM
It's gets a lot colder in Ga. than you think...... I put one of those in my garage too, mine runs off natural gas, 45k btu in a 2 car garage, it's never "winter" in the garage anymore.

martyo
01-01-2012, 02:39 PM
It's gets a lot colder in Ga. than you think...... I put one of those in my garage too, mine runs off natural gas, 45k btu in a 2 car garage, it's never "winter" in the garage anymore.

No natural gas out here, so I went with the LP.