PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel and airbag question

Black&Gifted
01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I have a spare marauder steering wheel that is in excellent condition but it does not have an airbag. My marauder steering wheel has seen better days but it has the airbag. Is it possible to swap out steering wheels and also install the airbag in the spare steering wheel?

Also, does anyone know if a 2006+ grand marquies steering wheel would be a plug and play with the marauder steering column?

thanks.

martyo
01-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I have an airbag for sale if you need it.

Blown3.8
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a spare marauder steering wheel that is in excellent condition but it does not have an airbag. My marauder steering wheel has seen better days but it has the airbag. Is it possible to swap out steering wheels and also install the airbag in the spare steering wheel?

Also, does anyone know if a 2006+ grand marquies steering wheel would be a plug and play with the marauder steering column?

thanks.
Yes. There are plugs on either side of the wheel that you take out to remove the 8mm bolts that hold the air bag to the wheel.

Black&Gifted
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes. There are plugs on either side of the wheel that you take out to remove the 8mm bolts that hold the air bag to the wheel.

Kool! Thanks! :beer:

Blown3.8
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
They recommend disconnecting the battery when working with air bags.;)

Once you pull the bag out then there are some connectors to unplug.

Before you pull the wheel off straighten the tires so the wheel is straight so everything will be lined up when you reinstall.

fastblackmerc
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Once you pull the bag out then there are some connectors to unplug.

Before you pull the wheel off straighten the tires so the wheel is straight so everything will be lined up when you reinstall.
Or mark the steering shaft and wheel. I use a small chisel to mark both.

Spectragod
01-03-2012, 03:04 PM

thanks.

05' and up will not interchange without changing the column.

Black&Gifted
01-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Real men wire hot! :P

Black&Gifted
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
05' and up will not interchange without changing the column.

Thanks. :up: