PDA

View Full Version : 2/7/12-Happy Van Halen Day

PonyUP
01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
I know there are lots of 80's rockhead here like myslef and I meant to post this around Christmas, but things got a little hectic.

For those of you that are Van Halen fans (with David Lee Roth), The band has been working on a new album for about the last year with their famous front man. Following recently signing with Interscope records, the band announced they would be touring in 2012.

That announcement was followed by the news that they would be releasing a new album on February 7th this year.

Last night, the band performed at an invitation only intimate club called Cafe Wha? in New York (Apparently a DLR relatively owns the club) where they played mostly the classics.

Rumor has it they also played their new single which is set to be released next week. For anyone interested in tour dates, you can find them at vhnd.com

Tickets go on sale next week.

So Happy Van Halen Day

sbAGJdy09wY

Joe Walsh
01-06-2012, 07:50 AM
They were great, especially with David Lee Roth.

Although at their age, the song "Somebody get me a Doctor" takes on an entire new meaning!

No more flips, jumps and stage stunts during the upcoming tour.

PonyUP
01-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Although at their age, the song "Somebody get me a Doctor" takes on an entire new meaning!

Could always change it to "Somebody Get Me a Walker"

PurdueRifleman
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Good to hear! VH has always been my favorite band. I see there's even a concert date for Indy on the 22nd. I'll definitely be making a special trip for that one!

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2012, 09:16 AM

I think Toby Kieth had them in mind when he wrote his song...;)

PonyUP
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Good to hear! VH has always been my favorite band. I see there's even a concert date for Indy on the 22nd. I'll definitely be making a special trip for that one!

And they ahve two Chicago date. One at the United Center, and one near O'Hare at the Rosemont Horizon, oh wait they changed that to AllState arena

Commodore Crap
01-06-2012, 10:24 AM
March 9th here!!! Woooo!

-ryan s.

Haggis
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Not worth it without Michael Anthony. Unless the whole band gets back together they can kiss my......Bumper!!!!

guspech750
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I'll still buy it the new album even though I want Michael Anthony back. The band was and has always been Eddie and who ever is singing.

And maybe even catch a show.

I'll have to check out their web site.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

PonyUP
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I'll still buy it the new album even though I want Michael Anthony back. The band was and has always been Eddie and who ever is singing.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

I miss Michael Anthony too, especially his background vocals, but I can attest that Wolfgang is ten times the bass player, so I really think that will add an extra dimension to the new album

Haggis
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I miss Michael Anthony too, especially his background vocals, but I can attest that Wolfgang is ten times the bass player, so I really think that will add an extra dimension to the new album

Screw Wolfie, he should put his tail between his legs and run back to Mommy.

PonyUP
01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Screw Wolfie, he should put his tail between his legs and run back to Mommy.

Have you seen Valerie Bertinelli lately? I'd run to her :D

duhtroll
01-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Valerie is just another ticking time bomb before all of that weight comes back.

The high notes are what MA did best.

Somewhere I still have lots of backstage passes from concerts back in the late 70s and early 80s. I didn't get to go to most of them, but knew a guy who worked as a roadie for VH tours.

Mr. Man
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
This tune is awesome and the lyrics are catchy. Had a young Physics teacher in HS that loathed this song. You guys figure out why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE

guspech750
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM

Of for ****zle. Wolfgang is damn good. Eddie wouldn't tolerate subpar playing.

Im listening to Van Halen "Eyes of the Night" bootleg album right now. I love their old bootleg albums. I've got quite a few.
---
- Sent from my iPhone

justbob
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Don't be too sure about that! I took the fam to see David by himself just a couple years ago at a local ribfest. After about three dull songs, ole boy came ALIVE! BEST $5 bucks each I've ever spent!!

PonyUP
01-07-2012, 05:19 AM

Im listening to Van Halen "Eyes of the Night" bootleg album right now. I love their old bootleg albums. I've got quite a few.
---
- Sent from my iPhone

Really?, Joe you think you could send me some copies if the bootlegs?

Pony seal of Approval

Joe Walsh
01-07-2012, 07:07 AM
..............:laugh:......... ..:laugh:..............

Ms. Denmark
01-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Cafe Wha? ....great memories from our years of living in Manhattan. ;)

Ozark Marauder
01-07-2012, 08:32 AM

I'll have to check out their web site.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

I prefer Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth.

I saw Sammy and Michael playing together in St. Louis, on a WABO tour. They kicked it..... :D

OZ

Ladyhawke
01-07-2012, 09:42 AM

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Can you make some copies for me and bring to louisville?

guspech750
01-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Can you make some copies for me and bring to louisville?

For ****zle my nizzle bizzle. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone

duhtroll
01-07-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't mind the Hagar sound, but did they have a hit with him that wasn't about love or have love in the title? :P

I prefer Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth.

I saw Sammy and Michael playing together in St. Louis, on a WABO tour. They kicked it..... :D

OZ

guspech750
01-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't mind the Hagar sound, but did they have a hit with him that wasn't about love or have love in the title? :P

Their F.U.C.K. Album, "Poundcake" rocked.

I like Sammy, David, and actually really liked VH III with Garry.

I watched over and over on YouTube VH with Garry and he does an incredible job singing old VH and everything after it. Van Halen III took me some time to like but after getting over all the VH bs, that album is really good. Eddie does some amazing guitar work and there are some really well written songs.
So flame away:D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

massacre
01-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Cafe Wha?
Wow.
Hendrix used to play there in the '60s.
Mothers of invention too.

I had no idea it was even still around.

I always liked this song, thought it was funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3tJ_Nu7GQ&feature=fvst

PonyUP
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Their F.U.C.K. Album, "Poundcake" rocked.

I like Sammy, David, and actually really liked VH III with Garry.

I watched over and over on YouTube VH with Garry and he does an incredible job singing old VH and everything after it. Van Halen III took me some time to like but after getting over all the VH bs, that album is really good. Eddie does some amazing guitar work and there are some really well written songs.
So flame away:D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

No flame here, I actually liked Cherone and VHIII, Eddie does some great stuff on that album.

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
01-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Cafe Wha?
Wow.
Hendrix used to play there in the '60s.
Mothers of invention too.

I had no idea it was even still around.

I always liked this song, thought it was funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3tJ_Nu7GQ&feature=fvst

I didn't know this, but DLRs uncle Manny used to own it, which is why they decided to launch there

Pony seal of Approval

massacre
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I didn't know this, but DLRs uncle Manny used to own it, which is why they decided to launch there

The only reason I know that is I read Frank Zappa's autobiography where he mentions that DLR's uncle owned it. Otherwise never would have known.

EVH is a great guitar player, always had such a great sound.
He is part of the reason I put a Bartolini humbucker in the neck position of my mid-50's Vega solidbody. That pickup just sounds so sick. Gibson Firebird pickup in the bridge position. The combo is truly amazing.

I gotta tell my buddy about this, he & I will def go see them.

a_d_a_m
01-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Van Halen without Michael Anthony is kind of like a DTR Marauder. It's pretty cool, but it could be way more badass. :lol:

Van Halen without DLR is kind of like a Prius. Pointless and boring.

I'll take whatever VH I can get as long as DLR is in it.

Go2GuyFL
01-11-2012, 06:13 AM
WHOG 95.7FM played Tattoo this morning ...

jimlam56
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
EVH is a great guitarist, but I can do without DLR. All show, and his voice is shot IMHO.

CBT
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Don't be too sure about that! I took the fam to see David by himself just a couple years ago at a local ribfest. After about three dull songs, ole boy came ALIVE! BEST $5 bucks each I've ever spent!!

David Lee Roth had swagger.
I liked VH with DLR and I liked VH with Sammy. Humans Being is one of my favs with him and probably one of my top 5 favs out of all VH songs. I didn't care much for the Gary Charone era.

PonyUP
01-11-2012, 07:47 PM
DLR is a great front man. Hair Metal singers don't need to be great vocalists, you need to bring energy.

Sammy had more range and they made great music together

But I'll take
Unchained Over Black n Blue
Eruption over 316
Panama over Best of Both Worlds
Hot for Teacher over Poundcake

Really the Sammy era and the DLR era are two different bands, can't compare them

All I know is there is new Van Halen songs for the first time in 14 years

Hail Eddie

Pony seal of Approval

guspech750
01-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Don't know if any of you remember or know. But on Sammy Hagars solo album, "I Never Said Goodbye". Eddie Van Halen played bass on the whole album.

And it really is a REALLY good album too.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

duhtroll
01-12-2012, 07:33 AM
What about Outta Love Again?

DLR is a great front man. Hair Metal singers don't need to be great vocalists, you need to bring energy.

Sammy had more range and they made great music together

But I'll take
Unchained Over Black n Blue
Eruption over 316
Panama over Best of Both Worlds
Hot for Teacher over Poundcake

Really the Sammy era and the DLR era are two different bands, can't compare them

All I know is there is new Van Halen songs for the first time in 14 years

Hail Eddie

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
01-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Don't know if any of you remember or know. But on Sammy Hagars solo album, "I Never Said Goodbye". Eddie Van Halen played bass on the whole album.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

The best Sammy Hagar songs, in order:
High Hopes
Bad Motor Scooter (with Montrose)
Heavy Metal
I Can't Drive 55
I Don't Need Love

guspech750
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM

I think Van Halen II is their best album.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

guspech750
01-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Just looked at the new VH album song list. It's has "Bullethead" and "Shes the Woman"!! Songs I have on some bootleg CD's from live shows in the 70's. I wonder if they have the same music as their originals from back then. Too bad it doesn't have "Eyes of the Night" on it. If you've heard "Eyes of the Night", it simply has the best intro Eddies ever played which Leads to a really good song.

There's quite a few songs I have of theirs that has the music from various songs from VHI to 1984 that has completely different lyrics and song titles from those same albums just with completely different music. And they were all recorded before their first album came out. It's great stuff if you can find them.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Haggis
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Van Halen II is their best album.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

How about 'Diver Down', oh the innuendos. ;)

PonyUP
01-12-2012, 09:29 AM

Love that song
And Women in love, light up the sky, and of course D. O.A

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM

---
- Sent from my iPhone

That was a decent Sammy Album, and I did know about Eddie playing Bass on it, they even did a couple of those songs on the Live Right Here Right Now tour

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
01-12-2012, 09:33 AM
How about 'Diver Down', oh the innuendos. ;)

Diver Down was a good album, it was just rushed. They had just wrapped the Fair Warning tour and their Producer really wanted them to do a cover of pretty woman.
The band was reluctant, and eventually gave in, but didn't want to release just one song, so they hurried Diver Down which is why it has a lot of covers and track fillers like Intruder and Happy Trails

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
01-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Diver Down was a good album, it was just rushed. They had just wrapped the Fair Warning tour and their Producer really wanted them to do a cover of pretty woman.

Best song on that album and one of thier best ever, Mean Street. Damn does it sound good loud.

guspech750
01-12-2012, 10:13 AM
"Light up the Sky" has Eddies best solo on any album I think.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

CBT
01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
"Light up this guy" has my best flute playing I think.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

......do tell......

Ozark Marauder
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The best Sammy Hagar songs, in order:
High Hopes
Bad Motor Scooter (with Montrose)
Heavy Metal
I Can't Drive 55
I Don't Need Love

That whole Montrose album is kick a**

My favorite: Space Station # 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6BTTJo1KmM

Go2GuyFL
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Best Van Halen song EVER:
fAktV72_nnE

Now, check at how hauntingly similar the music is in this video:
qC7c40s3wrY

Does anybody remember the rumors they were going to replace DLR with Patt Smyth from Scandal before picking up Sammy Hagar?

Warning: Strong language!
OtoTYiwFLns

wickedmerc
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
2 big VH shows coming up in NY area. I hope to go to 1. Announced opening act....Kool and the Gang?!?!??? WTF??

Top 5 VH songs:
Little Guitars
Amsterdam
Humans Being
Running With the Devil

Ozark Marauder
01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah.....:lol: right..... I can't wait to hear, Get down on it.......not....

Kinda like when Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkees.............

PonyUP
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
My top 5 Van Halen Songs
Unchained
Mean Streets
Somebody Get Me Doctor
Romeo Delight
Little Guitars

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
2 big VH shows coming up in NY area. I hope to go to 1. Announced opening act....Kool and the Gang?!?!??? WTF??

Top 5 VH songs:
Little Guitars
Amsterdam
Humans Being
Running With the Devil

I don't see a problem here!! :beer:

duhtroll
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I just got my tix - United Center Feb 24.

It'll be me and three ladies for the trip and the hotel suite that night.

Duh. Winning.

justbob
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Sisters and first cousins don't count.

Now if it were second cousins, well.....:thumbup:

Red Rocker had some damn good songs like Humans being and Heavy Metal.

Songs I liked from David? Most...

He was the rock star I wanted to be after seeing the California girls video!!

Just the life style alone, "I've got it made in the shade, all the bills are paid"

a_d_a_m
01-14-2012, 10:47 PM
My top 5 VH songs, in no particular order:
Dance The Night Away
Tora Tora/Loss Of Control (two tracks, but allllllways go together)
Little Dreamer
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Unchained

(that was harder than I thought it'd be)

My top 3 songs that VH covered, starting with most liked:
Where Have All The Good Times Gone
You're No Good
Happy Trails

duhtroll
01-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Funny! Nope. Just my wife and her two playmates. ;)

A couple of my favorite vh tunes are Humans Being and Right Now, but I still prefer the musical style of the band under DLR.

Sisters and first cousins don't count.

Now if it were second cousins, well.....:thumbup:

Red Rocker had some damn good songs like Humans being and Heavy Metal.

Songs I liked from David? Most...

He was the rock star I wanted to be after seeing the California girls video!!

Just the life style alone, "I've got it made in the shade, all the bills are paid"

justbob
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Funny! Nope. Just my wife and her two playmates. ;)

A couple of my favorite vh tunes are Humans Being and Right Now, but I still prefer the musical style of the band under DLR.

I was hoping you would catch my funny!:D

PonyUP
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
thought I'd write my review of the new album...:beer:

The Album starts off with the new single Tattoo. Feels like a little bit of a departure from the DLR led Van Halen than we would expect. However the guitar riffs and a more driving bass sound definitely lend itself to the Van Halen sound. This is one of the lightest songs on the album, and admittedly takes some getting used to.
Next comes “She’s the Woman” , this is a song where the music was actually used in the demo days, the lyrics have been changed, but this is the Van Halen I was hoping for, raw, gritty, loud and driving. The guitar riffs feel like a cross between “Mean streets” and “Outta Love Again”
Next is “You and your Blues”, which is 100% new material. It starts with a sound similar to some of the guitar stuff that Eddie was using during the later Sammy years, however when Dave starts with subdued lyrics it starts to feel like the 80’s. By the time it gets to the Bridge the Band really seems to be in a groove. The Chorus is strong, and Dave really delivers on this song.
Next Comes Chinatown, Eddie starts working it right from the jump, this song moves, kinda like Top Jimmy. It has high energy through the verses, then slides into a Chorus that invites you to sing a long. Dave writes some gritty lyrics here, that flow well with the song.
Next comes “Blood and Fire” starts with a nice slow guitar intro that blends really well with Dave. It kind of gives me a feeling of a cross between “Secrets” and Hang Em high from Diver Down with a new feel. Dave feels like he’s on top of his game in this one
Next comes “Bullethead” which is also musical based from pre album material, and is a vintage Dave song, I mean it screams early Van Halen, kind of feels like an updated “Atomic Punk” . While we are on it, a lot of the music on this album (A little less than half) is based on unreleased music from 76. Sammy kind of got on the band for that, but this is something bands do frequently, especially after they hit. And if your looking to update the sound that made you the band you are, why not reblend some of the actual music that made you the band you are. Dave rewrote all lyrics and the songs are strong
Next comes “As is” which starts with a Drum bit a little slower than “Everybody wants some” and it actually kind of reminds me of the drum beat Alex uses when they play “Panama” live. About 20 seconds in, you hear Eddie the way we remember him, at 60 he definitely still has the chops
Next is “honeybabysweetiedoll” It has this beat that kind of feels like an outerspace invasion, it really feels like it belongs on “Women and Children First” it is reminiscent of an update “Loss of Control” Is really experimental and a departure from The Van Halen we feel on this album, and yet it really works
Next is “The Trouble with Never” , I really like the guitar riff on this. Dave’s lyrics are strong, though a couple of times, it seems like he says too many words which screws the beat of the song, but then it falls back in the pocket.
Next comes “ Outta Space” Dave brings a lot of energy here, and the band is playing tight. You can definitely tell it’s Eddie playing, but it feels a little different in a good way. The song cooks, though admittedly this song really misses Michael Anthony’s background vocals. The band gets through the rest of the album okay with out it, but Mike really could have added something to this song.
Next come’s “Stay frosty” which feels like a sequel to Ice cream Man, and I would expect to be played live on the upcoming tour. It has Ice cream man feel for the first minute, and then just like Ice Cream man comes the blues rockin riff and it works
Next is “Big River” which musically is derived from the demo days of a song called “Big Trouble” this song is straight up 80’s style Van Halen, you can close your eyes and feel it hitting on 1984
Last is “Beats Workin” It’s the last song off the album, feels like it should be put on Fair Warning. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites off the album. This was a great energy song to end the album and leaves you wanting another album.

All in all, I think Dave still brings it, Wolfie holds his own on background vocals, really adds to the album with his bass skills, there’s even times he trades riffs with the old man. Alex’s drumming is solid and holds the pocket well. Dave wrote some great lyrics, and I think this is a solid addition to the Van Halen library. enjoy

guspech750
02-08-2012, 12:58 PM
^^^^^^ I will have to read this after I listen to the whole album. ^^^^^^^

I am glad to see some of their original material from the 70's/80's is finally on the an album.

Sent from my iPhone

PonyUP
02-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Well the Van Halen tour kicked off earlier this week in Louisville and is coming back with rave reviews. They are even playing some obscure tracks that you never thought you'd hear live. One night they Pulled out "Women in Love" and "Outta Love Again" and the next show in Detroit, they pulled out "Hear About it Later" and "Girl Gone Bad"

k29yd1I130k

gVCfSrp479Q

CFs6_ogxmFk

PurdueRifleman
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
My girlfriend and I went to the show and it was easily the best concert I've ever been to. She isn't even a huge fan of them and said it was the best concert she's ever been to.

What impressed me most was the amount of energy they had when they came out on stage. Personally I would've rather heard them open up with Panama than a cover song (albeit a famous one), but they carried their momentum through all the way to the end. Alex's drum solo about mid-concert was almost as mind-blowing as Ed's guitar soliloquy towards the end.

guspech750
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
That's great to see them play what I consider their better songs.

Sent from my iPhone

PonyUP
02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
My girlfriend and I went to the show and it was easily the best concert I've ever been to. She isn't even a huge fan of them and said it was the best concert she's ever been to.

What impressed me most was the amount of energy they had when they came out on stage. Personally I would've rather heard them open up with Panama than a cover song (albeit a famous one), but they carried their momentum through all the way to the end. Alex's drum solo about mid-concert was almost as mind-blowing as Ed's guitar soliloquy towards the end.

That's awesome, I'm totally geeked to see them in Atlanta in April

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
That's awesome, I'm totally geeked to see them in Atlanta in April

Pony seal of Approval

E-Dubb and I went to see 'em in Charlotte back in the late '90's and they held off playing Panama until the end of the show. Eddie did some goofy little acoustic thing with only a spotlight on him; the rest of the stage was dark, and as he was finishing up the (boring) piece, he backed out of the spotlight, you could see he was changing guitars or something, but couldn't really tell what. Everything was quiet for a couple seconds, then he starting ripping out the opening riffs to Panama, and as they say, "the place went wild." Absolutely great, will never forget that.

duhtroll
02-25-2012, 06:50 PM
I saw them last night at the United Center.

Wow.

I waited almost 30 years for this and it did not disappoint. Random thoughts to follow --

To begin with, when I bought tickets I bought the cheapest ones possible to get in the door - I didn't need to sit on the floor though those seats were available (all from scalp, er, the "secondary market" :rolleyes: ) for $320 or so.

There were guys running around with video cameras obviously documenting the tour (I know this because they said they were documenting the tour) before the doors opened. They went up to a group of 20 somethings and yelled "Hey! Which one of you guys is the biggest Van Halen fan??"

I shouted, "None of them! Ask one of us old people!"

When we arrived we got a bite, bought our souvenirs (OK that was just me) and found our seats way up in level 3 to have a drink and relax since we had about 20 minutes until the openers (Kool and the Gang?? WTF??) were to start.

Being early paid off. A staffer came up to us and said the band had some seats normally reserved as comps for family and friends still available on the floor. She asked if we wanted to trade for them. So they took us down in the elevator to the floor about 20 rows from the stage.

Going with multiple attractive women helps! I doubt I alone would have had the same offer.

I figure that was about an $800 swing in my favor. Yee-friggin'-ha already. I will try to post photos of where our seats were and where they ended up.

I had a problem though. I had to decide which was better -- being on the floor for VH or sitting on the floor where I watched MJ play - right under the championship banners, to boot. So a I had a combined Van Halen / Jordangasm and tried to focus.

Kool and the Gang was NOT bad. They did a good job of getting a partisan crowd going.

The guy behind me had been to see I think 12 or 13 VH shows and he told me all about them and which songs he wanted them to play. Then he said they had a pool for which song they would open with. He said "Intruder/Pretty Woman" and I went with "Mean Street" since I didn't think they would open with a cover.

I was wrong on both counts - they opened with "You really got me." They did pretty much every song I could think that I wanted to hear, leaving out most notably "And the Cradle Will Rock," "Atomic Punk," and "DOA." But I think literally every other song you think that they would play was there. They did add "Girl Gone Bad" as the surprise tune for the show.

Eddie's solo was Eruption/Cathedral/Eruption for about 5 minutes. I just stood there slack jawed, of course. He also did Spanish Fly and Dave did Ice Cream Man.

Is it me or does Dave look like a taller Chris Kattan with his current haircut?

I would really have liked to hear Wolfie play a solo. He does a good job on the bass, though he cannot match Michael Anthony's vocal range and he missed some good notes. But I really think he could have stepped out for something a little different.

Dave bitched several times at the tech crew. His headset mic was already not staying on from the get go and the tech was running after him on stage. He shooed him back and said "Get the **** out of here!" He also asked them to turn off all of the air blowers on the stage since it was "****ing up the vocals, man." Then later he asked for some duct tape for the headset mic and then went back stage to get a good old fashioned mic with a wire, which after the show he repeatedly pounded on the floor and then flipped off the crew. I think most people missed it but I was howling with laughter after the finale (Ain't Talkin Bout Love / Jump) when he was (looking like) destroying the equipment.

Eddie had 20 amps. Wolfgang had 13.

Dave's voice is not what it used to be but that doesn't stop him.

Eddie is everything he used to be and so is Alex. Alex did a Latin style drum solo with horns, etc. accompanying but they were either recorded or not on stage, much like the keyboards in Jump and other songs when they used them.

We had a great time before, during and after the show. Didn't realize how much I missed live rock shows since I haven't been to one in years.

My favorite tune of the night? Beautiful Girls, but there were several really good renditions.

more if I think about it. I am pretty tired but it was WELL worth it.

Whoever is going to the another show -- I missed out on a red VH hockey jersey. They didn't have them at the booth I bought my shirt from and by the time I saw them they were out of the XXLs. If anyone is going to a future show and willing to get me one I will pay for it plus shipping plus a case of your favorite beverage. They were $80 and I still wanted one.

duhtroll
02-25-2012, 07:01 PM
From the new album, they played Tattoo (of course, though I think this is the clunkiest song on the album), As Is, Shes The Woman, China Town, hmm, and lessseee... Trouble With Never, and did they play Bullethead or was that in the car on the way home? Dunno.

PonyUP
02-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Awesome review Duhtroll, sounds like a good show. I love that they played Girl Gone Bad.
Reach out to me before the April 19tg show to remind me and I'll look for the Hockey Jersey.

I know we've had our differences, but we seem to be in good agreement on the Halen, glad you had a good time

Pony seal of Approval

duhtroll
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Cool - will do.

Awesome review Duhtroll, sounds like a good show. I love that they played Girl Gone Bad.
Reach out to me before the April 19tg show to remind me and I'll look for the Hockey Jersey.

I know we've had our differences, but we seem to be in good agreement on the Halen, glad you had a good time

Pony seal of Approval