PDA

View Full Version : need to vent and express my thx for the members of this forum

4drcbra
01-07-2012, 09:03 PM
As some of you know I am an avid motorcyclist. I recently purchased a brand new bike and decided to venture outside my normal triumph forum and visited a different one. I asked a basic question about break-in mileage and short shifting to see if it was needed or just a safeguard because I got diff answers from the dealer. I was immediately blasted by a veteran member because he felt the question was dumb. This rubbed me the wrong way and as a result I will NEVER return to that forum for help, social media and any other reason. He was prob just mad cause he was from Canada.
That being said I want to personally thank all the members of this forum for being so helpful as I learned about my Marauder no matter how small or dumb the question may have been. It has been a great 2.5 years here and I will continue to use this forum. Thx again to the members and moderators that make this forum great

whitey
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
+1 on that, i feel the same way about this forum.....iv'e had A LOT of great advice come from the members on this site, even problems my auto mechanic couldn't figure out, have been figured out on here....like a bad COP that doesn't throw the check engine light on. thanks everybody for being who you are:beer:--whitey

massacre
01-07-2012, 09:49 PM
He was prob just mad cause he was from Canada.

Funny you said that, there is a site that I frequent where the Canadian members really are dicks to people a lot of the time. I am open-minded enough to know that not all Canadians are dicks, though.

4drcbra
01-07-2012, 09:55 PM
some people are just angry by personality I guess

guspech750
01-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Another happy customer!!

MM.net rocks!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

MrBluGruv
01-08-2012, 03:22 AM
A little off from what you are talking about, I've noticed in forums that if the focal product in the forum is easy to acquire (read: can be had for cheap), generally that forum will be filled with idiots and *******s.

Case-in-point: take a browse at any super-cheap "performance" car forum (or any super cheap car forum) and see how many people there are on there who's primary language is ghetto-english. My God, when I was still a member of the Galant Forums (when they still
existed as they had...), I couldn't count the number of insanely stupid thoughts people decided to post on the board.

Granted *******s are kinda just everywhere, but the price factor seems to determine to a large degree the amount of outright morons there are.

I don't know what bike you bought though, or its price point, or what forum you went to, so please don't take this to mean I am calling your bike cheap, this was all just an aside observation I've had about forums in general. :)

Ms. Denmark
01-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Not sure how relevant this is, and I'm sure it's changing, but the original owners of these cars were prolly somewhat older (because of the cost) and also not "crowd followers". Now that we are a pretty small group because of the limited production, I think all of this makes us more thoughtful, and caring of the cars and each other. We do need each other.

4drcbra
01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Not sure how relevant this is, and I'm sure it's changing, but the original owners of these cars were prolly somewhat older (because of the cost) and also not "crowd followers". Now that we are a pretty small group because of the limited production, I think all of this makes us more thoughtful, and caring of the cars and each other. We do need each other.

I'd have to agree.

4drcbra
01-08-2012, 07:49 AM
A little off from what you are talking about, I've noticed in forums that if the focal product in the forum is easy to acquire (read: can be had for cheap), generally that forum will be filled with idiots and *******s.

Case-in-point: take a browse at any super-cheap "performance" car forum (or any super cheap car forum) and see how many people there are on there who's primary language is ghetto-english. My God, when I was still a member of the Galant Forums (when they still
existed as they had...), I couldn't count the number of insanely stupid thoughts people decided to post on the board.

Granted *******s are kinda just everywhere, but the price factor seems to determine to a large degree the amount of outright morons there are.

I don't know what bike you bought though, or its price point, or what forum you went to, so please don't take this to mean I am calling your bike cheap, this was all just an aside observation I've had about forums in general. :)

no offense taken, I understand the point you are making. I bought a 2012 Triumph Street Triple R. My wife seems to think Im attracted to the niche market vehicles.

Ms. Denmark
01-08-2012, 07:51 AM
no offense taken, I understand the point you are making. I bought a 2012 Triumph Street Triple R. My wife seems to think Im attracted to the niche market vehicles.
See! You're not a "crowd follower" either. It's all good!

GAMike
01-08-2012, 07:55 AM
All this is moot, if we never see you at our monthly breakfasts Hehehehe;) :beer:

slickster
01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
People on here are so good that if someone ask a very basic question that's been talk about 20 times in 20 ways it turns into the 21first thread that has 40 replys.

captain
01-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Lets not pull a muscle patting ourselves on the back. This site sent more people packing then I can count. Remember horn girl? Fixed her wagon ay? Lets count to a thousand on this topic....Not. We trashed every one that ddn't ask right, type right, speak right, spell right. Any questions....use the search function!!

jabird56
01-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Funny you said that, there is a site that I frequent where the Canadian members really are dicks to people a lot of the time. I am open-minded enough to know that not all Canadians are dicks, though.

Ah give em some slack, it's the lack of sun up there this time of year that makes em grumpy old men. :)

4drcbra
01-08-2012, 10:02 AM
All this is moot, if we never see you at our monthly breakfasts Hehehehe;) :beer:

Ill forward you my Captains email. I'll let you battle that topic. hahahah. I made it once when I had that rare Saturday off. gettin up at 7am is tough when you climb in bed around 430am

Mr. Man
01-08-2012, 10:19 AM
First, :congrats: on your new Triumph. My Dad had Triumph's when I was growing up, a Bonneville 650 and a Commando 850. He just recently gave them away to an old friend of his who is going to restore them.

Second, having not read the response you received from said buttmunch let me ask you if the poster used smiley's. I ask because sometimes it's hard to judge the posters intent based on just words. Two people can read the same post and one laughs and the other gets annoyed.

Third, I don't follow motorcycles so I'm not sure how many Triumph sites there are but if it's like the MM community you may wish to just let the bad water flow down stream and hope another member of that site can answer your question.

Fourth, as with any new motorized thing my advice would be to take it easy for the first few hundred miles, then change the oil and let her rip. :)

sailsmen
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I would not let one person's response chase me off a site or any wherelse. The best way to deal with a bully is to punch them in the nose.

Many sites have an ignore list function.

GAMike
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
:eek:Excuses are like... :PNo worries, Make it when you can:beer:

Ill forward you my Captains email. I'll let you battle that topic. hahahah. I made it once when I had that rare Saturday off. gettin up at 7am is tough when you climb in bed around 430am

STEPS
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
where are we staying for Louisville April 13-15 .
I would like to make reservation
thanks,
Steps

PonyUP
01-08-2012, 11:28 AM
where are we staying for Louisville April 13-15 .
I would like to make reservation
thanks,
Steps

There will be a room block set aside for our group, Mike will let us know when we can make the reservation, it's a Hampton

Pony seal of Approval

4drcbra
01-08-2012, 12:35 PM
No smileys. Expressed his thoughts and at the end put in bold print " dont ask about oil or tires either. Search bar is on the upper right" he apologized today. Just wrong way to welcome a new member.

Spectragod
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
No smileys. Expressed his thoughts and at the end put in bold print " dont ask about oil or tires either. Search bar is on the upper right" he apologized today. Just wrong way to welcome a new member.

Link????????? Maybe the rest of us can join the site, and ask questions....

4drcbra
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Link????????? Maybe the rest of us can join the site, and ask questions....

triumphrat.net. From what I have seen it is a great forum other than that A**hole I encountered. Maybe I jumped gun and acted on emotions too...

CBT
01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Lets not pull a muscle patting ourselves on the back. This site sent more people packing then I can count. Remember horn girl? Fixed her wagon ay? Lets count to a thousand on this topic....Not. We trashed every one that ddn't ask right, type right, speak right, spell right. Any questions....use the search function!!

You typed didn't wrong. . .

guspech750
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
You typed didn't wrong. . .

OMLA????:lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

2,4shofast
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I’m glad you have had good experiences with MM.net, I think most of the members are very nice and informative but I have seen soo many people treated like crap because they didn’t fit the preconceived Marauder owner standards that have been set by others of MM.net.