PDA

View Full Version : I'm shocked

duhtroll
01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Never woulda guessed it by his name...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926359/ns/us_news-weird_news/#.TwsgKDVSQsc (click for mug shot)

updated 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Print Font:
MADISON, Wis. — Authorities in southern Wisconsin are facing a tongue twister thanks to the arrest of Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop.
The unusually named 30-year-old man was in jail Sunday in Madison. Police say he violated his bail conditions from a previous run-in with the law.
Court records show that his name used to be Jeffrey Drew Wilschke. He legally changed it in October.
The Capital Times reports that Zopittybop-Bop-Bop was arrested last week after residents complained of excessive drinking and drug use near Reynolds Park in Madison. Authorities say he was arrested in another local park last April after police found a loaded handgun in his backpack.
He's tentatively charged with carrying a concealed knife, and possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana.
Jail records don't list his bail amount or an attorney.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

SC Cheesehead
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
"...Zopittybop-Bop-Bop was arrested last week after residents complained of excessive drinking and drug use near Reynolds Park in Madison."

In Madison? Whodathunkit? ;)

Haggis
01-09-2012, 10:25 AM
By your tittle I thought you were 'French Kissing' light sockets again.

CBT
01-09-2012, 10:25 AM
By your tittle I thought you were 'French Kissing' light sockets again.
Yaaaaaaaaaay, tittles!!!

Mercguy04
01-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Judge to defendant, "Mr. Bop Bop, how do you plead?
Defendant to Judge "Your honor, I plead Poo Poo."
Judge to Mr. Bop Bop, Would you like toilet paper with that?
Defendant to Judge, No your honor, Since I am a minimalist, I'll use my hands thank you.

slickster
01-11-2012, 07:40 AM
What a doo doo deal

sailsmen
01-11-2012, 12:05 PM
By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS December 30, 2011 (AP)

A Louisiana appeals court has upheld the murder conviction and life sentence for rapper C-Murder.

C-Murder, whose real name is Corey Miller, was convicted of shooting a teenager to death in 2002.

A three-judge panel from the state's 5th Circuit Court of Appeal on Wednesday rejected Miller's argument that he didn't get a fair trial.

In 2009, a jury convicted Miller of second-degree murder for shooting 16-year-old Steve Thomas during a confrontation at a nightclub. ( sailsmen - It has been reported the 16 year old told him he wanted to be a Rapper like C-Murder which C-Murder took as being "dissed" since there can only be 1 C-Murder. C-Murder shot him the chest while he was lying on his back being beaten by a large group.)

Miller claims the judge who presided over his trial allowed jurors to hear prejudicial and unsubstantiated testimony that he threatened witnesses to the shooting. He also accused prosecutors of systematically eliminating black people from the jury.

But the 5th Circuit rejected those arguments.

One of Miller's attorneys didn't immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday.

sailsmen
01-11-2012, 12:38 PM
'C-Murder' sentenced to 10 years for two attempted murders in Baton Rouge
Published: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 6:33 PM Updated: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 6:40 PM
By Paul Purpura, The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune

Two weeks after he was sentenced to life in prison for killing a teenager in Harvey, rapper Corey "C-Murder" Miller was ordered Tuesday to prison for 10 years for trying to kill two people at a Baton Rouge nightclub in 2001.

But based on the terms of Miller's plea deal in that case, he will have completed that sentence soon because the time he spent in jail and under house arrest will be deducted from the 10-year sentence, attorneys said.

"He probably served the vast majority of his time already, " Assistant Attorney General David Caldwell, who prosecuted the case with Butch Wilson, said after the sentencing hearing.

"I don't like it, " Caldwell added, but Miller by law is entitled to get credit for the time he was incarcerated before his case was resolved.

Rusty Costanza / The Times-PicayuneRapper Corey "C-Murder" Miller in April, 2009.

Miller pleaded no contest May 27 to two counts of attempted second-degree murder.

In an incident captured on surveillance video, Miller, wearing a New Orleans Saints jersey, tried to shoot a nightclub owner and a bouncer on Aug. 14, 2001, inside Club Raggs. The dispute stemmed from Miller's unwillingness to be searched by the bouncer before being allowed entry, authorities said. Miller's semiautomatic pistol jammed, authorities said.

"I'm glad it's over, " Miller's attorney Steve Moore said. "I think Corey's glad it's over."

Despite the incriminating video, the prosecutors have said they faced an uphill battle in the attempted murders case.

An investigator lost the bullet Miller ejected from his pistol after it jammed, they said. Because the case was old, prosecutors feared jurors could have acquitted Miller based on the time that has passed since the incident.

And club owner Norman Sparrow alleges in a civil lawsuit against Miller and others that the shooting attempt was "a publicity stunt, " which in jurors' eyes could affect his credibility as a victim of an attempted murder, Caldwell has said.

Miller, 38, was free on bond in that case when he shot Steve Thomas during a brawl in a Harvey nightclub on Jan. 12, 2002. A Jefferson Parish jury, in a 10-2 verdict, convicted him of second-degree murder for killing Thomas, 16, of Avondale.

The jury that convicted Miller in Thomas' death did not hear evidence of the Baton Rouge incident. However, Jefferson Parish prosecutors used that crime to convince a grand jury to indict Miller with second-degree murder in February 2002.

Miller received a mandatory life sentence Aug. 14, making the Baton Rouge sentence moot unless the Jefferson case is overturned on appeal, attorneys said.

In keeping with what he called was a "negotiated agreement" reached between Miller's attorney and prosecutors in May, Judge Tony Marabella of the 19th Judicial District ordered that the rapper be given credit for the time he was jailed in Baton Rouge and under house arrest in Kenner. He spent more than four years in jail and about three years under house arrest.

The state Department of Corrections calculates the actual prison time, so attorneys said Tuesday they did not know when the rapper will have completed the sentence.

Corrections officials had not received Marabella's order Tuesday afternoon to begin the "complex" process of calculating Miller's sentence, spokeswoman Pam Laborde said.

If a judge is "very specific" in giving someone credit for time in house arrest, "then we would follow that, " she said.

Moore said his client's more than three years in home incarceration will be subtracted from the prison sentence because Marabella "ordered it specifically."

Should the Department of Corrections refuse to accept house arrest time in calculating the prison sentence, Caldwell said the attorneys would be "back in court."

Legal precedent supports crediting house arrest, Caldwell said, referring to a decision from the state 5th Circuit Court of Appeal in Gretna in the case of former Tulane University running back Toney Converse, who was convicted of narcotics violations in 2001 in Jefferson Parish.

But the state Supreme Court has not visited the question, Caldwell said.

Sporting a freshly shaved head, Miller appeared before Marabella on Tuesday shortly after 10 a.m.

"Is there anything you'd like to say before I pronounce the sentence?" Marabella asked Miller, who was dressed in orange prison clothing and was restrained with handcuffs and ankle shackles.

"No, your honor," Miller replied.

. . . . . . .

Paul Purpura can be reached at ppurpura@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3791.

© 2012 NOLA.com. All rights reserved.

sailsmen
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Two differnt photos from the news articles. Wonder which "look" he wore in court?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/10395572-large.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/20646)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/small_coreymiller93.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/20647)

stryker
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
:eek: Yeah i'm shocked too, my Panther have now 154460 milles on odometer and still running intimadating and menacing on the streets and roads. :burnout: