PDA

View Full Version : law enforcement replacing the CVPI with SHOs and fusion sports?

chevsmoker
01-12-2012, 06:28 AM
hey guys i dont know how many of yall are from indy or have been in indy recently but if you have,have you notice that state troopers and IMPD have a few new ford interceptors and blacked out fusion sports? in my own opinion i think for needs to come back with the panther platform and bump it up a notch in performance and handling. what are your guys thoughts on this

guspech750
01-12-2012, 07:45 AM
SHO interceptor is cool. But I can only imagine the costs of keeping up on maintenance on an all wheel drive car being beat to hell, ran over curbs and such. I'd say keep the CV. Simplicity and durability go a long way in my book.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Shaijack
01-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Thousands of Police Department kept an inventory of CV parts. The mechanical personel knew the problems and knew how to fix them.
Now they have to learn all over again.
Keep the CV and get rid of the rest of the LEO units.
I for one drove a Police Interceptor for 25 years, nothing like the feel of a big vehicle around you. I also have jumped curves and rolled all four tires off of the rims. Smashed onto other vehicles and never taken to a hospital.

chevsmoker
01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
i completely agree with you guys the CVPI is the choice interceptor of may agencies because it is the best interceptor on the market i personally think if they dropped a 5.0 in it or a forced induction system it wouldve been a whole lot better but thats my own opinion.

Mr. Man
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Thousands of Police Department kept an inventory of CV parts. The mechanical personel knew the problems and knew how to fix them.
Now they have to learn all over again.
Keep the CV and get rid of the rest of the LEO units.
I for one drove a Police Interceptor for 25 years, nothing like the feel of a big vehicle around you. I also have jumped curves and rolled all four tires off of the rims. Smashed onto other vehicles and never taken to a hospital.
Yeee Ha!! You must be one of the Duke boys :D;)

CBT
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeee Ha!! You must be one of the Duke boys :D;)

He kinda resembles Cooter, lol.

chevsmoker
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
lmao sounds like hes a derby driver

Haggis
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
He kinda resembles Cooter, lol.

I thought he was closer to Boss Hog.

knine
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
We're going to the "new" Caprice :bigcry:

88LTDCV351
01-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I was back home in Indy this summer. Didn't see any Taursceptors yet. Will miss seeing the Crown Vic work horse on the roads.

mrjones
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Ford may be replacing the CVPI with them, but I don't think law enforcement is. Most of the departments around here are going to the Charger or Tahoe. Most are getting Tahoes.

Guittard22
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Cranton RI-Has 28 CVPI still on the road

Marauderman
01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
According to Steve Babbot at MV9, the CVPI line was closing because Ford cannot any longer make that product line meet the Newer Fed guidelines on carb and fuel requirements among a few other minor but those were the biggest if I recall this correctly--others may chime in + or -...

Mr. Man
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM
According to Steve Babbot at MV9, the CVPI line was closing because Ford cannot any longer make that product line meet the Newer Fed guidelines on carb and fuel requirements among a few other minor but those were the biggest if I recall this correctly--others may chime in + or -...
It's Babcock you ole geezer :P and Ford's excuse is :bs:. Ford just wants to build small World cars in the future, it's all about World market share and the big panther platform doesn't fit into their little box anymore.

chevsmoker
01-13-2012, 05:59 AM
It's Babcock you ole geezer :P and Ford's excuse is :bs:. Ford just wants to build small World cars in the future, it's all about World market share and the big panther platform doesn't fit into their little box anymore.
yea i totally agree for dis making excuses if they were worried about emissions they wouldve closed the plant a long time ago,dont get me wrong the new interceptor aint bad but i still prefer the CVPI

SID210SA
01-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Around here all of the regular patrol vehicles are still the CVPI's, the police chief has a Tahoe. Our large truck ( for semi's ) enforcement vehicles are F-250's and our speed enforcement vehicles are a mix of Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros. Most of our small municipalities are going with the Chargers and some Challengers.

I have yet to see the Taurus or Explorer interceptors here.

chevsmoker
01-13-2012, 10:36 AM
yea our state police have mustangs,shelby GT500(2),chargers,challengers, and trucks and they look exactly like street cars