PDA

View Full Version : LeoVampire

sailsmen
01-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Has any one heard from LeoVampire? I have not seen him post. Hope all is well.

Papillon
01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I was just talking about him today! I PM'd him a few months ago but never heard back.

He had posted up a few months after Carlisle last year saying he wasn't going to be able to make Marauderville bc Francisco was going to go back to Puerto Rico to visit family for the holidays.

I hope everything is ok with them.

TAKEDOWN
01-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I hope ALL is well too!

Baconbit
07-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Just curious if anyone has heard from Leovampire? Havent heard the name on here in a while.

Ms. Denmark
07-27-2012, 02:31 AM
I haven't heard a thing. Might try reaching out to SMOKE. I think Jonathan had been in contact with his spouse. Hope he is OK.

SMOKE
07-31-2012, 04:04 PM
I'll send a "ping" over his way and see what's doing...haven't really rounded up w/ him since last November
so I'll send over a hello and let you know or ask him to stop by...

Best,
Jonathan

MrBluGruv
07-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Man, you wanna talk about one of the few that was undeniably a genuine help and good guy around here, LeoVampire was one of them.

I haven't met the guy in person, but I hope things are going well for him.

Blackened300a
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Perhaps him being a gay man he left the site due to all the gay jokes and posts.

Ms. Denmark
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Perhaps him being a gay man he left the site due to all the gay jokes and posts. I really hope that's not the case, Paul. He is a well respected member of MM.net and a really great guy. I hope most of us would never tolerate anyone being made uncomfortable or leaving the site because of their sexual orientation.

FreddieH
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I could be wrong but it looks like his last post was in May 2011.

SC Cheesehead
08-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I could be wrong but it looks like his last post was in May 2011.

Gosh, it doesn't seem that long; I hope he's okay.

MM2004
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Last visit 08/26/2011.

I too, hope all is well.

Mike.

MM03MOK
08-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Why is it necessary to derail threads like this!! There is some genuine concern about a Member - who is a person. He would probably be mortified to read all this so I'm deleting it! Some of you - grow up!!

SC Cheesehead
08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Why is it necessary to derail threads like this!! There is some genuine concern about a Member - who is a person. He would probably be mortified to read all this so I'm deleting it! Some of you - grow up!!

Sorry, Bunny. :o

I truly am concerned about the guy, especially if it's been that long since he posted up; he used to be a regular.

SMOKE
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
What the heck is this joint coming to? I leave the thread for 24hrs and all hell breaks loose? Mind numbing....

Anywhoo....Emailed a bit w/ Dave and things are just great. Health and spirits all in high order. He's been hitting the local
car shows with "The Mistress" Marauder and even collected a new shiny trophy for his efforts. He said he's detailing like crazy, even
hitting the unpainted areas of the motor with a toothbrush! The car has been running well with no problems, just a new battery this year.

Some finances kept him out of the loop on Carlisle this year. Fran needed a new whip so it was goodbye Taurus and hello Edge SEL
with all the trimmings. His pup "Chad" is now a nice, healthy and smart 60 Lb. Husky who they hit the dog park with often.

His PC needed an OS and a HD so he was off the grid for a bit and various distractions have kept him off the site but
he said he'll stop by and say hello. He said he sometimes feels bad that he can't contribute to the site more but I
said not to let that stop him from coming by.

Some pic's he shared with me:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/My_Marauder_02_Copy_.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/2011_12_1708_57_24EOS_REBEL_T1 i4157_1_Copy_.JPG

Best,
Jonathan

Mebot
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
What the heck is this joint coming to? I leave the thread for 24hrs and all hell breaks loose? Mind numbing....

Anywhoo....Emailed a bit w/ Dave and things are just great. Health and spirits all in high order. He's been hitting the local
car shows with "The Mistress" Marauder and even collected a new shiny trophy for his efforts. He said he's detailing like crazy, even
hitting the unpainted areas of the motor with a toothbrush! The car has been running well with no problems, just a new battery this year.

Some finances kept him out of the loop on Carlisle this year. Fran needed a new whip so it was goodbye Taurus and hello Edge SEL
with all the trimmings. His pup "Chad" is now a nice, healthy and smart 60 Lb. Husky who they hit the dog park with often.

His PC needed an OS and a HD so he was off the grid for a bit and various distractions have kept him off the site but
he said he'll stop by and say hello. He said he sometimes feels bad that he can't contribute to the site more but I
said not to let that stop him from coming by.

Some pic's he shared with me:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/My_Marauder_02_Copy_.JPG

Best,
Jonathan

Dang thats a shiny marauder!
Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge

Ms. Denmark
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
The Mistress and Chad look great! Thanks for checking in on Dave and filling us in, Jonathan. :)

1stMerc
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Glad to hear he's doing alright, and we miss him around here.

loud2004marquis
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
That car is nice!

ImpalaSlayer
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM

was there more to this thread that was removed? if not im confused.

edit, good to hear hes doing well, he seemed like a nice guy when i met him at carlisle a few years ago

Papillon
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear he and the family are doing well.

Jonathan, if you chat with him again, please let him know Paul and I say hello.

And car looks IMMACULATE!!! And Chaddy boy is getting so big! They grow up so fast. Lol

SC Cheesehead
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Good news, for sure. Looking forward to his future posts.

Mr. Man
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear he and Fran are doing well.

Odinson
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Holy cow! Now HE polished his car till his arm fell off. DAMN!

Must have some sort of automated laser defense system.

PonyUP
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Glad to hear Dave is doing well, and is healthy as I know he had a scare a couple years back

Car looks awesome, it would be good to hear from him again

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

sailsmen
08-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Has any one heard from LeoVampire? I have not seen him post. Hope all is well.

Now that we know about Leo the other mystery is what happen to Red?????

Last he reported was in the middle of an s/c install and was selling n/a parts taken off from the install.

LeoVampire
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Sorry you all for not being around the site or at Carlisle this year.

I appreciate the well wishes and concern you all have though it feels good!

I made a promise to Francisco that I would get him a vehicle he really wanted a few years ago when we got him the 07 Taurus to get to and from work with.

Well I got nailed this year with keeping the Promise to him and it kinda screwed up doing much of anything else. I had to buckle down to make it happen and pull every thing together and trim the fat big time.

The Taurus is still being paid for so that is now my every day driver and no longer stuck at home. With the Marauder on Collector car insurance can not use it for every day things anyways and I wanted to keep her nice for shows and cruise nights.

Plus being Spanish Francisco had to have some bling on the Edge right away so tight around the belt area is an understatement. Sometimes I have money to hit a cruise or a show sometimes I don't.

But health is okay for the most part just trying to stay out of the funk that brings me down.

Anyways here are pics of the almost new Edge he got. Before and after the bling add ons.

He is thrilled with it and always says good by to it when ever he has to leave it some where so I think I am safe for a while now! LOL

MMBLUE
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Great to hear from you Leo V ;)

PonyUP
08-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Great to hear from, things sound like they are going well.
Edge looks good, always liked those.

LeoVampire
08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Great to hear from you Leo V ;)

Thanks MMBlue

LeoVampire
08-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Great to hear from, things sound like they are going well.
Edge looks good, always liked those.

I am shocked at the gas mileage considering how heavy it is and being all wheel drive to be honest. It gets 30 miles to the gallon for a total average between highway and city.

Those extra gears it has really work well.

SC Cheesehead
08-18-2012, 04:46 AM
I am shocked at the gas mileage considering how heavy it is and being all wheel drive to be honest. It gets 30 miles to the gallon for a total average between highway and city.

Wow, that's great!

What engine is in it? I had an AWD V6 Edge rental for 3 weeks on my last business assignment, best I could get out of it in mixed Chicago metro driving was 21.5.

At 30 mpg ave, would be interested as a replacement for the wife's Escape Hybrid.

boatmangc
08-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Great to hear from you Dave!

PonyUP
08-18-2012, 07:13 AM

Yeah, these new ford transmissions seem to really make a difference. On know on my 11 mustang I get much better mileage than when I had my 07. I've been getting about 22 or 23 in the city, and have gotten as good as 34 on the highway

It's great to have you back on hear Dave and hear you and Francisco are doing well

LeoVampire
09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the greetings and well wishes!

Actually at first the Edge had an issue with the transmission banging into the lower gears both up and down.

What ended up solving the issue, which we found out on the net was a common problem, a new program had to be uploaded into the pcm.

But since then it has been great.

I want to some day change the Taurus for something newer and more efficient with a few bells and whistles but not in a hurry to do so.

Too much bad luck on my end every time I try to do something.

For example I bought some trains simulator programs to fool around with on my PC to keep me occupied and the sound card I put in it 9 months ago just fried the Motherboard.

They no longer make the mother boards seeing it is 32 bit so need to save for a new PC! ROTTS!

Francisco's lap top is good but hate them with a passion and I do not want to fight for the use of it. LOL

TooManyFords
09-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Dave, which train simulator did you get?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

LeoVampire
09-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Dave, which train simulator did you get?

Actually I bought 2 recently.

I have the Trainz Simulator 12 10th anniversary. I love this one because creating routes of your own is so much easier than the other. May not be as realistic looking but defiantly route builder friendly.

http://www.ts2010.com

I also have the Railroad Simulator 2012 through Steam but a new vs will be out on the 20th this month. It is the most visually realistic of the 2 and how it works. But far from builder friendly I have found.

https://www.facebook.com/railsimulator

TooManyFords
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I will check these links out.

1stMerc
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Actually I bought 2 recently.

I have the Trainz Simulator 12 10th anniversary. I love this one because creating routes of your own is so much easier than the other. May not be as realistic looking but defiantly route builder friendly.

http://www.ts2010.com

I also have the Railroad Simulator 2012 through Steam but a new vs will be out on the 20th this month. It is the most visually realistic of the 2 and how it works. But far from builder friendly I have found.

https://www.facebook.com/railsimulator

Hmmm, interesting. Does Bob (rfoverlord) know about these

LeoVampire
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks, I will check these links out.

Your welcome and I hope you find something you like out of the 2.

LeoVampire
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Does Bob (rfoverlord) know about these

I have no clue and did not know he liked trains like that.

There are actually 2 things that bug me about the Railroad Sim 2012.

There is not very much free content available from the community because most things are sold as separate add ons for the sim.

And again as stated above despite being the most realistic looking and running train sim the level of difficulty trying to create a route is pretty high and very time consuming.

What makes it unique though is the programed things to do on each route instead of trying to come up with idea's of things yourself. Like yard shunting and marshaling as well as the pick up and delivery runs.

But there seems to be more European routes than US one's being made.

You could easily spend several hundred dollars on all of the extras for the game / sim.