PDA

View Full Version : Audi

Timw286
01-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Does any member here have any experience with Audi (specifically the 08/09 A4)? I have a family member looking to buy one and she is trying to transition from a rock solid 1998 Avalon to a newer Audi. The biggest CON I found researching online was that this particuliar vehicle burns more oil than it should. Thanks for any insight :beer:

slickster
01-13-2012, 07:16 AM
They should be ok. Coming for a 15 year dealer. Get a 9th gen or up corolla replace the intake gasket and drive it to the moon

GAMike
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Does any member here have any experience with Audi (specifically the 08/09 A4)? I have a family member looking to buy one and she is trying to transition from a rock solid 1998 Avalon to a newer Audi. The biggest CON I found researching online was that this particuliar vehicle burns more oil than it should. Thanks for any insight :beer:

Audi's have been oil burners for years, especially when the car is over 50k miles..... Good that you know......Buying a CPO Audi gets you a pretty good warrantee, and thats a good thing, because parts are Marauder expensive if you know what I mean:o.

Its usually 6 yrs. 100k mi. which ever comes first, with a $100 per visit deductable per dealer visit that you are responsible for.

They ride nice, ergonomically correct, and are reasonably reliable in either V6 or 2.0 T 4cyl. configs, but if you do get a lemon, it will cost without a warrantee.....

Black&Gifted
01-13-2012, 10:42 AM
A friend an co-worker recently sold an 06 A6 with the 4.2. It had 120,000 miles on it and was still mechanically strong (he put all the miles on the car). There were some electrical issues with the multi-media interface and navigation, but otherwise, it was a solid car.

Timw286
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Cool Cool, thanks for the input all..Looks like do the research and spring for the extended warranty and all shall be good!

Mr. Man
01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Audi's have some of the nicest paint you'll see. See if you car get a carfax or Oasis report

dstud
01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I have 2011 Q7 - teak brown and luv it! However, it is not as quick as my MM tho...lol;)

Hadamustang1
01-14-2012, 01:36 AM
They should be ok. Coming for a 15 year dealer. Get a 9th gen or up corolla replace the intake gasket and drive it to the moon

9th gen corolla.. what year model?

WI Fordguy
01-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Worked on them for years and I would offer this advice.... NEVER own an Audi out of warranty unless your pockets are deep.

justbob
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Make sure the car in question is up to date on service work. Almost everything up front requires complete front end removal all the way to the frame rails and engine. (Been there, stripped that..)

Timing belt service intervals are nothing to ignore as well as all the componets that go with it. Also the Audi's I have serviced are prone to vacuum leaks, especially around the Turbo unit as it gets quite hot obviously. Other than that, they are very nice cars if not neglected.