PDA

View Full Version : Congress has a disapproval rating...

Blk Mamba
01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
..of 84%, in a survey of 1000 telephoned. I'd be surprised if the approval rating were as high as the 13%, that the pole claims. I've thought that we should all go to our representatives, and senators, and just throw them out of their offices. When we don't do our jobs we are fired, yet they don't do their jobs, and are just voted back in. How can the approval rating be this bad, yet keep their job.

guspech750
01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Easy. MOST people are just a waste of life and wasting our oxygen.

Oh. And probably lots of worthless welfare generation families and illegal aliens voting these POS's into office.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Haggis
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
..of 84%, in a survey of 1000 telephoned. I'd be surprised if the approval rating were as high as the 13%, that the pole claims. I've thought that we should all go to our representatives, and senators, and just throw them out of their offices. When we don't do our jobs we are fired, yet they don't do their jobs, and are just voted back in. How can the approval rating be this bad, yet keep their job.

Firing squad is more like it.

sailsmen
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
536 People control 25% of our economy.:mad:

MrBluGruv
01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
536 People control 25% of our economy.:mad:

Heheh, I'm thinking that the "1%" that the occupy movement is bitching about isn't big business, but rather government officials....

Mr. Man
01-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Because people think their particular representative is doing their job.

Though he's dead take Ted Kennady for example Good for Massachusetts, bad for the rest of us. Follow the money and you'll notice those representatives that have long careers in Congress bring home the bacon to their respective States. Seems like the only way people will vote them out is if they do something immoral or are arrested and then it's a 50-50 chance at that.:shake: :)

jerrym3
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Because people think their particular representative is doing their job.

Though he's dead take Ted Kennady for example Good for Massachusetts, bad for the rest of us. Follow the money and you'll notice those representatives that have long careers in Congress bring home the bacon to their respective States. Seems like the only way people will vote them out is if they do something immoral or are arrested and then it's a 50-50 chance at that.:shake: :)

Got me thinking, so, here's the good and bad about our political system: local representation.

NJ cares less about California, who cares less about Florida, who cares less about New Hampshire, and so on and so on.

What politicians are elected on a national level? I can name two.

State "A" could care less about polluting waters from a new factory that flows into state "B"'s waterways or beaches, as long as the new plant means increased jobs and revenue to state "A". Same with air pollution and any other major decision. It will always be "mine first".

Break down the big government in Washington, and watch how our state governments expand and grow. We will wind up with a whole bunch of big governments, worse than it is now.

But, unless we convert to a monarchy, which presents another mess of problems, it is what it is.

Shaijack
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Joe I am on a fixed income, am I one of them???? You better stop talking about me and my brothers. I think I will run for Congress. I will drive a Marauder to Washington.

guspech750
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Joe I am on a fixed income, am I one of them???? You better stop talking about me and my brothers. I think I will run for Congress. I will drive a Marauder to Washington.

I'm sorry Barry. I mailed my paycheck and an application for the Illinois Link card benefits program to you today as a I'm sorry gift.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!