PDA

View Full Version : Greatest speech!!! opinions.

marauder21
01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I just thought I'd share this with everyone. Let Me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=WibmcsEGLKo

finster101
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Too hokey, could'nt get through the whole thing.

marauder21
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Well heres the original speech idk up to you if you wanna take a look but it surprised me that everything said is so true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fQkYXHAK0&feature=related

tbone
01-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Sounded like a communism speech to me. Obviously anti-capitalism.:shake:

tbone
01-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, Charlie Chaplin. I was right.

marauder21
01-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Sounded like a communism speech to me. Obviously anti-capitalism.:shake:
Agreed but its true what he said about humans. Like How we've turned to greed, "think more and feel less"

sailsmen
01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the Communist Party.

He contradicts himself through out the speech.

tbone
01-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Greed is good. Ask Gordon Gecko.
Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than any other economic system in the history of the world. Communism is guaranteed poverty for all. See Soviet Union.

sailsmen
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Agreed but its true what he said about humans. Like How we've turned to greed, "think more and feel less"

Speak for your self!

One mans greed is another mans desire. Who will be the arbitor of greed? Who will be granted the power to stamp out greed?

Milton explains it better than I can;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A&feature=player_embedded

If you are feeling guilty you can give me how much it takes to make you feel better and I will only charge 30% to redistribute to those whom I have deemed needy. We only accept US currency and your payment must be made by 4-15-12.

05crownsport
01-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, a little radical in my opinion. I am greedy when it comes to earnings. I work hard and do not wish to share my good fortune with those who don't want to work hard as well. I do believe in being charitable and helping those who can't help their predicament... I.E., wounded soldiers who fight for our freedom and right to voice our opinions. Thanks for the opportunity to voice our opinion! :beer:

marauder21
01-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh haha I'm not saying I'm feeling guilty greedy or whatever...just when a friend of mine showed me this it got me thinking...like what I took out of this video was the whole human race is in competition to see whose better with each other. I'm not so sure how to explain it but yeah and I do agree in the sense work for oneself and achieve what You wanna achieve. Again Just my opinion

Speak for your self!

One mans greed is another mans desire. Who will be the arbitor of greed? Who will be granted the power to stamp out greed?

Milton explains it better than I can;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A&feature=player_embedded

If you are feeling guilty you can give me how much it takes to make you feel better and I will only charge 30% to redistribute to those whom I have deemed needy. We only accept US currency and your payment must be made by 4-15-12.

tbone
01-21-2012, 10:23 AM
like what I took out of this video was the whole human race is in competition to see whose better with each other.

That's why capitalism works so well. That's the whole point!

sailsmen
01-21-2012, 10:48 AM
If there was no desire or "greed" we would all just sit and die in our own waste.

There are those amoung us who think they are wiser and smarter which grants them the right to determine what is greed, need, etc.

Always remember this only stupid people think smart people know every thing.

sailsmen
01-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Mayflower Pilgrims - "the Pilgrims would struggle at Plymouth for two more years, never quite securing their freedom from worry and want until Bradford reorganized their tiny economy. For three years Plymouth had operated like other English colonies such as Jamestown, on a communal system where everyone worked the land and shared the fruits of labor. Now instead, in 1623, Bradford decided that each family should have its own plot of land to cultivate and would get to keep what it produced. By rights, this shouldn't have mattered much to the God-fearing Pilgrims. After all, they were engaged in a heroic endeavor to create a new life for themselves in America and all of them were presumably working as hard as possible to achieve that.

Still, as Philbrick writes, under Bradford's new regime, "the change in attitude was stunning." While previously men had tended the fields while women cared for the children, Bradford wrote that now women and children took to the fields, too, and the colony's output increased sharply. "The inhabitants never again starved," Philbrick relates.."