PDA

View Full Version : chrome window a-pillars wanted

marauder410
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
anyone know where or a good website i can find a set of those chrome window a-pillars form my marauder. i like the way they look and dont see to many people at all with these on there marauder

fastblackmerc
01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
anyone know where or a good website i can find a set of those chrome window a-pillars form my marauder. i like the way they look and dont see to many people at all with these on there marauder

Which pillar?

The "A" pillar is the front ones between the front doors and the windshield.

The "B" pillars are the ones between the front & rear doors.

The "C" pillar................. you guessed it.... is between the rear door and the back window.

If you really mean the "B" pillars I have some in carbon fiber I can be persuaded to part with.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 04:34 PM
ok sorry yea so im guess i want the B pillars the ones in between the front and rear doors in the middle of the car

im not a big fan of the carbon fiber look thanks though your the man and always have good information

i really want the chrome ones

fastblackmerc
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
ok sorry yea so im guess i want the B pillars the ones in between the front and rear doors in the middle of the car

im not a big fan of the carbon fiber look thanks though your the man and always have good information

i really want the chrome ones

Any one for a late model CV or GM will work.

eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=chrome+a+pillar+trim+gran d+marquis&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Google is your friend.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
awesome just bought a set thanks

guspech750
01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Post a picture of your car after they are installed.

4drcbra
01-23-2012, 06:59 PM

Facepalm......
As long as it makes u happy.

Billy
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
If you really mean the "B" pillars I have some in carbon fiber I can be persuaded to part with.

Would you happen to have a picture of what these look like?

fastblackmerc
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Here ya go!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/fastblackmerc/MM%20Mods/CarbonFibreTrim.jpg

marauder410
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
whats that supposed to mean

Facepalm......
As long as it makes u happy.

fastblackmerc
01-23-2012, 07:14 PM

He doesn't agree with what you are doing.... neither do I... I think there is the correct amount of chrome on a stock MM. But it's your car... do with it what you want.

Billy
01-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Here ya go!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/fastblackmerc/MM%20Mods/CarbonFibreTrim.jpg
Thanks. That's neat. I assume that's a custom piece? I haven't seen one like it elsewhere.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
not a big fan of carbon fiber at all, on the interior i like but not on the exterior, im goin the chrome route will post pichures when have them installed i want different look than everyone else have nver seen any1 with the chrome ones on the maauder o crown vics but never marauder

Here ya go!

guspech750
01-23-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm curious as to how your chrome B pillar covers will look on your car. I've got a crappy dent on my drivers door B pillar, that was there when I bought it. It drives me crazy and if I like the look of your chrome B pillar covers. I'll buy myself a set too.

Hell. Maybe I'll just buy a set and paint them DTR if I don't like the chrome. Hmmmmmmmmm.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

boatmangc
01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
http://thegroupiesunite.com/wp-content/uploads/butt.jpg

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm curious as to how your chrome B pillar covers will look on your car. I've got a crappy dent on my drivers door B pillar, that was there when I bought it. It drives me crazy and if I like the look of your chrome B pillar covers. I'll buy myself a set too.

Hell. Maybe I'll just buy a set and paint them DTR if I don't like the chrome. Hmmmmmmmmm.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

http://www.deluxeautomall.com/images/products/original/product-id-3143.jpg

Billy
01-23-2012, 07:26 PM
:shake: :shake: :shake:

slickster
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
He doesn't agree with what you are doing.... neither do I... I think there is the correct amount of chrome on a stock MM. But it's your car... do with it what you want.

Yea IMO it looks cheesy

4drcbra
01-23-2012, 07:54 PM

:rofl::laugh:

Our cars on body colored trim for a reason. But like I said. Whatever makes you happy dude. Your ride, your style.

Phrog_gunner
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
:rofl::laugh:

Our cars on body colored trim for a reason. But like I said. Whatever makes you happy dude. Your ride, your style.

No reason to complain, the value of your car just went up. ;)

DOOM
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
These are what he wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-0wBsL8qw
-x-0wBsL8qw

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
yep ur correct doom that is what i want and thanks for posting this video yesteday and thats were i got the idea. i think it looks badass every1's got different taste and likes in cars and i really like this. i think it will only look right on black if it was any other color i most definatly wouldnt do it but with black will look nice in my opinion.

These are what he wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-0wBsL8qw
-x-0wBsL8qw

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:33 PM
i want something a little different, something were you can tell right away thats my marauder. every1's gonna have there own opinion and taste in cars, so far i guess ive been doin a good job, i cant remember a day when i took her to the street and havent got at least one compliment on my car

guspech750
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.deluxeautomall.com/images/products/original/product-id-3143.jpg
Thanks Rex. I dont hate it but I dont love it too. I think I will just order a set and paint them or not paint them, but at least cover up that ccrappy dent.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:39 PM
i think with any other color besides black yea it will look cheesy but with a nice clean black marauder gonna look nice

im a younger guy, i noticed alot of older heads just like the stock look of the car i want something a littel different

just like i like rims on our cars 22's or 24's but most people hate them and every1 that does are older people and also has to do with were your from or grow up at, around here in baltimore having nice big rims on your car means you stunting pretty much

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
make ur jokes all you want, but i think its hilarious how so many people on this website are so worryed bout other peoples car and what they do to them

WORRY BOUT YOUR CAR NOT MINE

Billy
01-23-2012, 09:43 PM
having nice big rims on your car means you stunting pretty much
What does that mean :confused:

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
There are two keys to elegant design on a car in my opinion: subtlety and consistency.

The reason why the Marauder is such a sharp looking car stock is that for every bold design choice, it doesn't stand out in the bigger picture so much to make it the only unique facet of the car. Huge rims on a stock car of the Marauder's size are disproportional, and many times that I've seen are the only modification done, so they stand out like a sore thumb. Full-body brand-advertising paint jobs (e.g. most frequently candy bars) may be consistent, but they are VERY garish and thus even if the car looks "clean", it is not visually appealing because it just looks so loud.

To me, it's the difference between a hamburger with ketchup and a well-marinated steak; both can taste delicious, but the ketchup-laden hamburger pales in comparison to the complexity of taste (both in the literal sense and in the "preference" sense) in a well-marinated steak.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Exacually if you dont know what it means then dont worry bout it, its a young think it goes right over older peoples head

marauder410
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
YOU NEED TO FIND A HOBBY OR DO SOMETHIGN BETTER WITH YOUR TIME THERE BUDDY, YOU ALWAYS THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING, YOU LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND DONT EVEN OWN A MARAUDER NOMORE :flamer::banana:

There are two keys to elegant design on a car in my opinion: subtlety and consistency.

The reason why the Marauder is such a sharp looking car stock is that for every bold design choice, it doesn't stand out in the bigger picture so much to make it the only unique facet of the car. Huge rims on a stock car of the Marauder's size are disproportional, and many times that I've seen are the only modification done, so they stand out like a sore thumb. Full-body brand-advertising paint jobs (e.g. most frequently candy bars) may be consistent, but they are VERY garish and thus even if the car looks "clean", it is not visually appealing because it just looks so loud.

To me, it's the difference between a hamburger with ketchup and a well-marinated steak; both can taste delicious, but the ketchup-laden hamburger pales in comparison to the complexity of taste (both in the literal sense and in the "preference" sense) in a well-marinated steak.

Billy
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Exacually if you dont know what it means then dont worry bout it, its a young think it goes right over older peoples head
I don't know how old you think I am, but I can assure you that whatever you said isn't a "young think"

TAKEDOWN
Chops up the sleekness of our black MARAUDERs in my opinion especially w/dark tinted windows. I think the pillars painted black with dark tints would also look good on any color MARAUDER. Almost an eye illusion of a coupe instead of a sedan if you follow the chrome trim around the window!

MrBluGruv
YOU NEED TO FIND A HOBBY OR DO SOMETHIGN BETTER WITH YOUR TIME THERE BUDDY, YOU ALWAYS THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING, YOU LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND DONT EVEN OWN A MARAUDER NOMORE :flamer::banana:

U mad bro? :flamer:

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Not at all bro

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Not at all bro

Your defensive posts even when people aren't criticizing you would tell a different story.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
honestly not even joking i think it's because you took a mirror pichure of urself, and your a pretty ugly dude and your a guy taking a mirror pichure of urslef is what girls do lol. also put it on a damn car website this isnt facebook or myspace no1 wants to see a pichure of a dude on a car website. and your on here all the time and dont even own a marauder so why you always on here for i just dont get it

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
What does that mean :confused:

He's trying to say that where he is from, big rims = big money for those that bought them.

Don't worry, it never made sense to me either...

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:12 PM
honestly not even joking i think it's because you took a mirror pichure of urself, and your a pretty ugly dude and your a guy taking a mirror pichure of urslef is what girls do lol. also put it on a damn car website this isnt facebook or myspace no1 wants to see a pichure of a dude on a car website. and your on here all the time and dont even own a marauder so why you always on here for i just dont get it

Let me paraphrase every one of our interactions for you thus far:

Me: *relevant post to conversation*
You: "u ugly foo"

I'll repeat what I said about the very first post I read from you on this site:
You are ridiculous.

oh and btw, I'd rather own a car that isn't a Marauder than drive a marauder that's a busted hooptie.

Enjoy "ballin' on a budget" like you're actually "stuntin'".

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
lol wow my marauder def not a hooptie not even close there buddy mines mint not a dent ding or scratch on it with a rebuit motor/ trans but wutever you say ugly bastard

Let me paraphrase every one of our interactions for you thus far:

Me: *relevant post to conversation*
You: "u ugly foo"

I'll repeat what I said about the very first post I read from you on this site:
You are ridiculous.

oh and btw, I'd rather own a car that isn't a Marauder than drive a marauder that's a busted hooptie.

Enjoy "ballin' on a budget" like you're actually "stuntin'".

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
lol wow my marauder def not a hooptie not even close there buddy mines mint not a dent ding or scratch on it with a rebuit motor/ trans but wutever you say ugly bastard

With chrome stickers.

Sorry, you're quickly heading to hooptie status.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
how is it chrome stickers it definally stainless steel, thats just like saying every1 that got the marauder bumper insert got a hoopie ok there skippy your always right you got your pichure as your avator whoevers got that is alreays correct and know it allll:lol:

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
:hotrice:this is your little camaro

Billy
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
how is it chrome stickers it definally stainless steel
The link that you purchased it from stated that it's "mirrored polycarbonate"
Also known as... "chrome stickers"

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
how is it chrome stickers it definally stainless steel, thats just like saying every1 that got the marauder bumper insert got a hoopie ok there skippy your always right you got your pichure as your avator whoevers got that is alreays correct and know it allll:lol:

Except real stainless steel inserts for an already-embossed logo are not even close to the same thing as faux chrome stick-ons for your B-Pillar.

I'll be waiting to see your thread about which set of auto-zone faux portholes to buy...

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
:hotrice:this is your little camaro

LOL, I'm sorry dude, but I'd have to be asleep behind the wheel for your n/a Marauder to burn my SS.

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
yea right skippy id never

Except real stainless steel inserts for an already-embossed logo are not even close to the same thing as faux chrome stick-ons for your B-Pillar.

I'll be waiting to see your thread about which set of auto-zone faux portholes to buy...

marauder410
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
thnaks but i didnt get it off that website thanks for telling me what it said though good try

The link that you purchased it from stated that it's "mirrored polycarbonate"
Also known as... "chrome stickers"

Billy
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM
thnaks but i didnt get it off that website thanks for telling me what it said though good try
Which website did you get them from? Just curious.

MrBluGruv
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
yea right skippy id never

Well you already bought fake chrome stick ons for your B-Pillar, why not finish the transition to hooptie completely by buying the fake portholes too?

TAKEDOWN
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
:shake:... IBTL!

bolsen
01-23-2012, 11:56 PM
OP is obviously not very intelligent. The whole "insult you because you disagree" thing is suuuuper lame. Also, I would be embarrassed to put those cheesy fake chrome stickons on my car. There is a reason you never see these on Marauders - it's because 99.99% of Marauder owners know the difference between class and garbage.

TAKEDOWN
01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
They even have pillars that are lit... FAIL!

SC Cheesehead
01-24-2012, 03:19 AM
:shake:... IBTL!

Yup, another thread headed south...:popcorn:

4drcbra
01-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Im 28 ,so not that old. I think big rims look dumb. Its a performance car not a caprice.... Just my pennys worth. Dont get offended its just people giving you there honest opinion. But please god tell me ur smart enough to uprgrade your brakes if you decide to put said rims on ur car. Last thing we want is a nother marauder totaled due to the big rim/little brake ratio

MM2004
01-24-2012, 03:53 AM
OP.

Let us know how the B-pillar covers work out for you in another thread.

Mike.