PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions

MARAUDERCHICK
01-27-2004, 12:01 PM
I need opinions....

Ceramic coated manifolds vs. shorty headers.....

Eibach springs vs. NO Eibach springs.......

Thanks!

dwasson
01-27-2004, 12:04 PM
I need opinions....

Thanks!

Eibachs if the roads are good.

Fourth Horseman
01-27-2004, 12:25 PM
I need opinions....

Thanks!

Personally, I'd go for shorty headers over coated manifolds. No real opinion about the Eibachs so far.

jgc61sr2002
01-27-2004, 02:55 PM
The Eiach's will lower the front end and firm up the ride. The sarge has a great set of exhaust manifolds. I am not sure but I think the are Ford parts.

SergntMac
01-27-2004, 04:23 PM
You ask some difficult question, MChick, because both are somewaht loaded with personal preferrences. I'll share mine, I am sure others will check in soon.

Well, maybe not the springs. The only way to lower the front end is with the Eibach kit, or, by cutting the spring. I don't recommend cutting, because it's a lost art. Few really know how to properly cut a spring today. Be warned though, the install is a major PITA. Dropping the rear end isn't so difficult, but you may have to go at it a few times for just the right look.

The choice between the polished Cobra manifolds and ceramic coated shorty heards is a bit more stuffed with opinions. I added the Reinhart Cobra kit to my MM and realized 28 RWHP, 18 RWTQ. Adding the Magnaflow 18" muffler and 2.5" OD extension pipe later added another 4 RWHP and lost 1 RWTQ. The last benefit to this system, is that it looks OEM, because it is OEM. The unfamiliar eye would not notice they are in place. It's also probably the least expensive of the choices we pick from, and it seems to have the least painful install.

TAF opted for the same exhaust system, but with shortie headers, and got likewise performance numbers. However, his "under the hood" eye appeal is much higher than mine. The shorties are cool, but they are more expensive too.

Somehow, I don't think I have helped you much. Good luck!

bugsys03
01-27-2004, 05:05 PM
I havent done either but you asked for opinions; exhaust yes, good bang for the buck, several choices available around here, all with good HP gains. I wouldnt consider changing the suspension. Why mess with perfection for every day driving IMO. Why harshen the ride and ask for rattles? The lowered look doesnt do a thing for me anyway, I dont do any ghetto cruising:shot:

LVMarauder
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
:shot: :shot: Well I am a ghetto ass mutha ****a so I lowered my **** and it looks great and takes some body roll out while giving it a firmer ride. SO eibachs, hell yes.

Shorty Headers

CRUZTAKER
01-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Eibachs yes. I like the improved handling with a slightly lowered profile.

Exhaust. Opinion=niether choice. Long flow headers...and as long as you are de-strangling the MM's breath, cats that actually flow, and mufflers with as little restriction as possible.

Good luck with your selections, no doubt you'll like what you choose:rock:

jspradii
01-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Eibachs yes. I like the improved handling with a slightly lowered profile.

Exhaust. Opinion=niether choice. Long flow headers...and as long as you are de-strangling the MM's breath, cats that actually flow, and mufflers with as little restriction as possible.

Good luck with your selections, no doubt you'll like what you choose:rock:
Ceramic coated long tube stainless steel headers (Kooks is what I have) are superior at heat dispersement and the tubes do not deteriorate nearly as fast. Eibach springs: Firmer handling, both on the road, oval track and at the drag strip. Suspension change won't impress anybody on the street, but it will impress you if performance is your objective.:banana2:

MARAUDERCHICK
01-29-2004, 03:38 PM
......on the street, but it will impress you if performance is your objective.:banana2:[/QUOTE]

Performance is ALWAYS the objective!!
Thanks for your input:)

MARAUDERCHICK
01-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Somehow, I don't think I have helped you much. Good luck![/QUOTE]

You were a big help! :)
Thanks for your opinion!

TAF
01-31-2004, 02:11 PM
MARAUDERCHICK...

Feel free to give my car another drive before making any final decisions on the Eibachs. I LOVE mine...but some may feel the firmer ride doesn't fit their preferences.

I prefer the shorties over the manifolds for aesthitic purposes.

Dennis Reinhart
01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Well I originally sold shorty headers till we looked and found that the Shorties do not match the head port yes they look good but so do the ceramic coated manifolds and the do match the head perfectly, so IMHOP they will make more power, I installed Eibach on Keith's car and it flat out ruined the ride, but the main issue is they will ruin your front tires, it maxis out the camber adjustment, and once these springs settle in they will drop more which will further throw the alignment out even more, so its your choice.

jgc61sr2002
01-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Well I originally sold shorty headers till we looked and found that the Shorties do not match the head port yes they look good but so do the ceramic coated manifolds and the do match the head perfectly, so IMHOP they will make more power, I installed Eibach on Keith's car and it flat out ruined the ride, but the main issue is they will ruin your front tires, it maxis out the camber adjustment, and once these springs settle in they will drop more which will further throw the alignment out even more, so its your choice.
Excellent advice as usual. :up: Thanks Dennis :D