PDA

View Full Version : Decisions ...Decisions

mgmsleeper
01-30-2012, 03:18 PM
The marauder gets a makeover in about a week or two and im kind of stuck on which way to go. Car is DTR

I love the ALL BLACK look with powder-coated black wheels
as well as the DTR color ...then having a fresh paint it'll be nice

im stuck

Spectragod
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Dtr ftw......

Baconbit
01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Dtr ftw......

Your biased:P;)

Spectragod
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Your biased:P;)

Do ya really think so?:D

Mercguy04
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
==========================

mgmsleeper
01-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe DTR with black strips or hood, sort of like the Mustang.
Or Black with DTR strips or hood.
The easier of the two would be DTR with Black .... ......
The Wheels would look good with black, but I would suggest you do Black
Chrome, Has a much better look[

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/cad03sts/th_IMG_4794.jpg?t=1296076383 These rims are off my 08 Cadillac STSV

(http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/cad03sts/?action=view&current=IMG_4794.jpg)
(http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/cad03sts/?action=view&current=IMG_4794.jpg)
I think this wil add a little flavor to the wheels
If you decide to do this, may I further suggest you do the calipers in DTR, would creat a nice contrast.
Russell

good idea! ...i wanted to include the DTR with whatever i do because its the original color.

im thinking Black paint. double stripe front to back on the driver side in DTR, black the wheels with DTR calipers maybe

yjmud
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
go with white FTW

guspech750
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM
DTR baby!! DTR FTMFW!!!

mgmsleeper
01-30-2012, 06:51 PM
go with white FTW

thought about it with black wheels but .....duno

F8LBITEva
01-30-2012, 07:03 PM
DTR with 10 layers of clear! changing the color will DOUBLE the price if its done right otherwise there will always be DTR poking through in the door jambs,under the hood, underneath and so on. Good luck and post pics!

mgmsleeper
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
DTR with 10 layers of clear! changing the color will DOUBLE the price if its done right otherwise there will always be DTR poking through in the door jambs,under the hood, underneath and so on. Good luck and post pics!

this is a FREE paint job. my homeboy paints at one of the best paint shops in jax and my car will be taken apart and sanded down then repainted. there will be no flaws in a color change.

yjmud
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM
white looks really good

Mercguy04
01-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Do what you gotta do
I like DTR
Why not buy a black car instead???
SAVE THE DTR for someone who like the color.
Free car work usually leads to trouble. Trust me when it comes to getting paid or doing something for free, I choose getting paid first. I also like to eat as well
You get what you pay for.

2,4shofast
01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Keep it DTR, Im not a huge fan of the DTR's but there are plenty of black MM's that can be purchased for not much more than a full color change. I think a DTR and black wheels might look pretty good!

Gryphonzus
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Keep it DTR! Then be like the rest of us hoarders and go buy a black one they are a dime a dozen.:banana2:

marauder410
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
you dont wanna change the color of these marauders thats just not good to do and expecially if you got the exotic color in that year the rarest color in 04 and a car color you dont see very often to the most common color maruader

I KNOW THE BLACK MARAUDER LOOK THE MOST BAD AZZ AND THE FASTEST:D COLOR BUT I MEAN YOU GOT THE RARE COLOR KEEP IT THAT WAY :beer:

LIGHTNIN1
01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Like the MAN say, you don't want to change color on these cars. You do such a thang on a Crown Vic or a GM. I had a silver one and wanted a BLACK one so this is what I do.I sold the Silver one for a good price in about a month then in about another month I have me a nice Black one.Easy stuff.

mike P71
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM
You have a rare color. Keep it DTR

TAKEDOWN
01-31-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm sure with a new DTR paint job you'll love her more, I say MARAUDER.

mgmsleeper
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Do what you gotta do
I like DTR
Why not buy a black car instead???
SAVE THE DTR for someone who like the color.
Free car work usually leads to trouble. Trust me when it comes to getting paid or doing something for free, I choose getting paid first. I also like to eat as well
You get what you pay for.

Car has been for sale so I can buy a black one but it hasn't sold so paint she goes. And maybe in YOUR case the free situation wasn't good but he has painted my other cars and they were flawless so I don't think he would drop the ball on this one

mgmsleeper
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Keep it DTR, Im not a huge fan of the DTR's but there are plenty of black MM's that can be purchased for not much more than a full color change. I think a DTR and black wheels might look pretty good!

...thought about that too. There is a pic in one of My posts of a DTR Vic with black mm wheels. Looks kinda good to me.*

mgmsleeper
01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Keep it DTR! Then be like the rest of us hoarders and go buy a black one they are a dime a dozen.:banana2:

Lol u have 4. Geezus

I really dont want two of them though At least not now

mgmsleeper
02-05-2012, 09:55 AM
If I keep the car DTR I would want to incorporate black ...unfortunately I live in a city with another guy who has the same exact car as me who isn't as loved by others as I am and I believe it's the reason I got the key down the side of it. So If I keep it DTR id like to add some changes. Anyone have a "different" DTR

RubberCtyRauder
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
What about a two tone DTR and Black? DTR lower from the body line area just above the door handles and black above that or vice versa. Maybe someone can photshop a pic of your DTR doing that so we can see and give opinion? DTR and Silver Birch might look good too together. That way they are factory colors. Just throwing out ideas

mgmsleeper
02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
What about a two tone DTR and Black? DTR lower from the body line area just above the door handles and black above that or vice versa. Maybe someone can photshop a pic of your DTR doing that so we can see and give opinion? DTR and Silver Birch might look good too together. That way they are factory colors. Just throwing out ideas

Sounds good I'd need a photoshop to see. Anyone here good?