PDA

View Full Version : Your prayers have helped!! Thank u all!

OneBADLsE
01-30-2012, 06:57 PM
To those of you that were at the last Northeast meet recently saw what happened to me. I got a phone call - BY FAR the worst phone call I have ever received in my nearly 29 years. My father had a severe heart attack.

I know that none of you knew what to do, and the look of shock on your faces said it all. It was a horrible experience to have in a public place, and I didn't have the strength to walk away from the table. Personally, if i were everyone else, I wouldn't know what to do nor say either.

I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts and prayers throughout this horrific event. Anyone who knows me well (a few of you I have known for nearly 6 years) knows how much my father means to me. He is my world, and he is responsible for the man I have become today. He raised me with knowledge and wisdom that anyone would be lucky to be around. He is a brilliant man with a heart of gold. Believe me, I don't just call anyone brilliant, LOL!

An update to his condition: He has now (as of today) been upgraded to stable condition. He was victim to a double pneumonia which lead to a nearly fatal heart attack. I was able to see him open his eyes up, smile, and squeeze my hand. When I told him a joke about how I'm gonna get crackin on some grandkids for him, he LOL'ed (minus the sound). So, as it seems, he is fully cognizant of his surroundings, knows that I love him, and when he wakes up fully, I'm gonna tear him a new A-hole for not going to the hospital when he should have!!!!!!:lol:

- Lenny

MM2004
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Lenny,

Tear him a new one, AFTER you tell him how much you love him!

Glad to hear he is progressing in a positive direction.

;)

Mike.

Papillon
01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Lenny, I'm so happy to hear your dads doing better and very happy to read the enthusiasm in your post.

I know first hand what you're going through and I know it's not easy. My prayers are with him and you and please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything.

We heart you.

Billy
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Great to hear that Lenny. I'm glad he's getting better. We were all shocked when we found out what happened.

Da Dark Jedi
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
GOOD NEWS. Glad things are good.

F8LBITEva
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
IM glad he is stable. Tell him you love him every day from here on out. Im super close to my dad so I know how that bond is. Good luck and my prayers go out to your father.

RoyLPita
01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Prayers sent, Lenny.

CWright
01-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Praying for your dad and you from the Southside. Glad he's up to stable condition. Ditto on telling him how much you love him each day. Based on your first post I'm sure it's something you already do. Keep us posted on his progress. Best Wishes!

CDUB

Mercguy04
01-30-2012, 08:51 PM
I am so pleased to hear this good news. Parts of our prayers have already been answered. As we continue to ask the Lord for his blessing on your Father and You.
We know they are being heard. I feel this is going to be a very good out come.
Your Father is a Man among Men and it shows in you.
Thank you for sharing the good news with us today and we all look forward to a speedy recovery.
Blessing
Russell

marauder410
01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
i kno how that feel buddy i was only 18 years old im 22 now but was on my way to work and got the worst news in my whole lifee, got told that my dad just had a serve heart attack at old 48 years old. But mine was a little worse was told that he didnt make it by time he made it to the hospital worth day of my entire life nothing comes close to that feeling i had

OneBADLsE
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
i kno how that feel buddy i was only 18 years old im 22 now but was on my way to work and got the worst news in my whole lifee, got told that my dad just had a serve heart attack at old 48 years old. But mine was a little worse was told that he didnt make it by time he made it to the hospital worth day of my entire life nothing comes close to that feeling i had

That's horrible. I'm so very sorry that you lost him...There are no words to express my sympathies....=(

At the very moment I got the phone call, I thought I was going to end up right next to him with a heart attack. The shaking and uncontrollable crying was scary as hell.

OneBADLsE
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Great to hear that Lenny. I'm glad he's getting better. We were all shocked when we found out what happened.

Thank you...

Lenny, I'm so happy to hear your dads doing better and very happy to read the enthusiasm in your post.

I know first hand what you're going through and I know it's not easy. My prayers are with him and you and please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything.

We heart you.

Hopefully me, you and Paul can get together for dinner sometime this week. I'm pulling an all nighter here again. It was amazing to see him smile again :D

Lenny,

Tear him a new one, AFTER you tell him how much you love him!

Glad to hear he is progressing in a positive direction.

;)

Mike.

Mike - Indeed! After he gets better, I am gonna tear him a big one!

Prayers sent, Lenny.

:D Thank you :beer: I believe with all my heart he will pull through this brian :beer:

a_d_a_m
01-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Lenny, sorry to hear it, and glad to hear it at the same time.
You know what I mean.
Well wishes from Cleveland.

Mr. Man
01-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Glad to hear the good news. Paula and I wish your Dad a speedy recovery. When he's up to it bring him to a meet, I think I saw Veggie burgers on the menu;)

TAKEDOWN
01-31-2012, 12:03 AM
That's GREAT news sounds like the ol' man has a lot of fight in him!!!

OneBADLsE
01-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Glad to hear the good news. Paula and I wish your Dad a speedy recovery. When he's up to it bring him to a meet, I think I saw Veggie burgers on the menu;)

lolol! THAT'LL BE THE DAY!

Yes, I shall...His love for the panthers is greater than mine. Matter of fact, he's the primary reason I love these cars! As a kid, I used to drive around with him while he worked for a NY black car service. Our vehicle of choice was either the Town car or Grand Marq. These cars are very sentimental to me :beer:

OneBADLsE
01-31-2012, 12:44 AM
That's GREAT news sounds like the ol' man has a lot of fight in him!!!

The man's an Ox. I've seen him beat the most unusual things during the course of my life. For this to take him down, NAH!!!! He'll beat it like old school italian: LIKE A BOSS. :beer:

Ms. Denmark
01-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Thank you for this good news about your dad, Lenny! We will continue sending our prayers and best wishes his way. It was terrible news to get at any time or place, but please know you were among friends who stood ready to help in any way, should you have needed us.:)

STEPS
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Lenny, your in our prayers

PRCARGUY
02-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Still praying for you Lenny.
John

jgc61sr2002
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi Lenny,

Glad to hear your father is doing better.
Praying for a speedy recovery.

John

OneBADLsE
02-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks all! :beer:

Tomorrow, he will be fully breathing on his own. They are removing the tube to the ventilator. Cant wait to shoot over there from work!

It's looking like a FULL recovery!

Ms. Denmark
02-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks all! :beer:

Tomorrow, he will be fully breathing on his own. They are removing the tube to the ventilator. Cant wait to shoot over there from work!

It's looking like a FULL recovery! Great news!! Thank you for letting us know his progress. We are very relieved!

Mercguy04
02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Good Afternoon,
I am sorry I have not posted until now concerning Lenny's Father condition.
I spoke to him on Sunday and had to go out of town on business Harris County TX

Lenny is very up beat about his Father's recovery, as are we all are..
He told me His Father is still unable to speek, maybe because of the tube down his
throat. He eyes are open and he is able to understand questions and gesters his
answers.
His right (He is right handed, thank God) is quite movable and fuctional.as is his right foot.
The not so good news is his left side takes quite a bit work to get it moving, but he is
able to do so. He can squize Lennys hand and we think with some rehap he will be
able to use it again.
Lenny tells me his is in good sprits for the most part, Lenny goes almost everyday to
see him. I think other family members are there as well, not as often.
All and all things are looking up.
Lenny asked that we all keep him and his Father in our prayers. I know we are doing
just that. I will try to call Lenny next Sunday and see how things are.
perhaps get an address for cards, letters and good wishes.
Blessing to Lenny and his Father including his entire family
Russell

Ms. Denmark
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
^^^^^ Thank you Russell...

HammerDown
02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Prayers for your Dad and for you and your family, Lenny

STEPS
02-09-2012, 04:42 PM
great to read the good update
will still keep the both of you in my prayers

ImpalaSlayer
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
i know exactly how you feel, i got the same call a few years ago. it really is the worst