PDA

View Full Version : People Know.

bolsen
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I was at O'Reilly getting some RP to change my oil with and the old timer behind the counter said "what are ya driving?" I told him I drive 2003 Mercury Marauder. He said "ah, the good one!", so I said "the best". He asked "4.6?" I said yeah, and again he said "the good 4.6!". Still good to know that some people know how special these cars are.

It almost hurts when people say "oh, it's like a cop car, right?"...

bigmerc281
02-04-2012, 05:40 PM
It almost hurts when people say "oh, it's like a cop car, right?"...

thats why I carry baby powder in my pocket never know when someone's gonna say something stupid :lol:

justbob
02-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I have seen a changing trend on people in the know in the last couple years. Seems more and more have been skooled or perhaps its just a local thing and a few have been shocked beyond belief when my rear bumper kissed concrete and headed off to never never land. :D Then people talk to other people, etc. etc. Perhaps we are all local celebritries and WE are the ones not in the know!

Still kinda weird to say MM and them to be like "badass man!" Even had a few lately state TRUE MM facts to ME! I'm still too used to the norm I.E. cop chip, only black, turbo v6, supercharged, cop car...

My boss still calls it "the cop car" or the "race car" but only to kid around. He isn't much of a car guy, but he gets it.

guspech750
02-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I honestly don't get many comments. I really believe its a DTR thing. ( Not a joke ). I think most assume it's a red Grand Marquis with fancy rims.

Soooooooo. With that being said.

I'm out. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

bolsen
02-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I showboat all the time so when I (legally and safely) pass foo's they can the S55 taillights and MARAUDER SS bumper inserts.

Althogh mine is slow and has no exhaust upgrades...still faster and louder than most on the road.

justbob
02-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I honestly don't get many comments.

Sent from my iPhone
Say whaaaat? You gotta be kidding! Maybe tint the windows? Dude, even bone stock I couldn't go anywhere without somebody giving out compliments! It's only gotten worse over the years.

Spoiler didn't help? Do the rims you were talking about!

guspech750
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Say whaaaat? You gotta be kidding! Maybe tint the windows? Dude, even bone stock I couldn't go anywhere without somebody giving out compliments! It's only gotten worse over the years.

Spoiler didn't help? Do the rims you were talking about!

I know I know. It's strange, but I really can probably count on one hand the amount of compliments from strangers since March of 09. Excluding car shows/cruise nights.

Yes. Rim idea for the win!!

Tints are coming for the Merc and Heathers Aspen ever since she has had and continues her war with Melanoma.

Sent from my iPhone

mike P71
02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
My 04 DTR is in a classic car dealer where my mechanic works .We're doing brake and exhaust mods this week end and the owners let us use the lift. The place is filled with all sorts of exotic cars worth a fortune My mechanic works on all the fancy exotics but made a point of commenting on what a great car the marauder is. It draws that kind of comment all the time

Juice
02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I get compliments almost every day. Many of them are dumb, but I don't really expect any more, these cars weren't advertised that well.

Roadwarrior
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Had a few compliments/thumbs up to my ride for the past 5 months of ownership. One that stood out was from a middle age lady driving a black late model S class M-B at a gas station fueling the MM with 93 octane asking about what it was & wanted to see if it was for sale. :eek: :nono: But she liked it as well as her teenage son that was with her. Glad I just washed it earlier in the day. :up:

Odinson
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I dunno I think MM ignorance is a feature not a bug. Makes for a great sleeper.

Feign weakness when you are strong.

Yeah that's right creep up next to me at the light in force-merge lane. Duh. LOL.

88LTDCV351
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
My co-workers think its ex-cop. Thats ok, because I got one of those too.

Roadwarrior
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
My co-workers think its ex-cop. Thats ok, because I got one of those too. Same here. :shake: :(

capt512
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM
My auto parts store guys around me seem to know what it is amazingly, and one of the guys at my local sears commented on how he wanted one really bad. My coworkers all ask about the crown vic even after explaining it lol

tbone
02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I honestly don't get many comments. I really believe its a DTR thing. ( Not a joke ). I think most assume it's a red Grand Marquis with fancy rims.

Soooooooo. With that being said.

I'm out. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone

Hang a plastic ball sack from your rear view mirror. (You know, like the pickup guys use.) Then you'll get plenty of attention!:eek:

And you can daydream......
:rolleyes:

justbob
02-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Hang a plastic ball sack from your rear view mirror. (You know, like the pickup guys use.) Then you'll get plenty of attention!:eek:

Saw a Vette a couple days ago with one dangling under the back bumper. :what:

guspech750
02-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Might even get the flavored nutsack, like the old sucker rings!!

Sent from my iPhone