PDA

View Full Version : Snow Removal

SHERIFF
01-28-2004, 08:43 PM
View video, then vote.......

http://www.nbc4columbus.com/news/2796587/detail.html

MapleLeafMerc
01-28-2004, 09:12 PM
I saw this on the late news last night. My first thought was to wonder how on earth he could not hear the plow coming. They tend to announce their arrival.

Do they try to fill driveways and sidewalks? Don't think so. Do they care if they do? Don't think so. ;)

MarauderMark
01-29-2004, 06:11 AM
The first plow radioed the 2nd and said watch this.The 2nd one laughed and told the frist one i can do better than you.Looks like the overpaid bums in philly..

SHERIFF
01-29-2004, 06:33 AM
The first plow radioed the 2nd and said watch this.The 2nd one laughed and told the frist one i can do better than you.Looks like the overpaid bums in philly..

I was not aware of this. If this can be proven the drivers should be charged with assault & battery at least! I suspect our District Attorney would charge them with a felony though.... maybe felonious assault considering the size and weight of the plow trucks.

If the guy develops any type of permanent debilitating injuries, such as back pain for example, he has a damn good lawsuit against the city.

To have prevented covering the sidewalks people HAD JUST shoveled off, all the drivers had to do was slow down just a bit.

duhtroll
01-29-2004, 07:05 AM
What I find annoying is that it is illegal for us to blow snow out in the street yet it is OK/expected for snow "removal" (read "relocation") crews to plow shut our driveways.

I don't even clear the driveway anymore until after the plows come by - either I do it late or I do it twice (or 3 times!).

-A

jfclancy
01-29-2004, 11:08 AM

I hope the fellow is Okay, however he is standing in the street, now when I stand/cross the street I tend to look for HUGE trucks. Now If the above quote is correct the drivers should be punished. BUT come on now if you are standing in the street and a plow is coming.... would you move?

Joe Clancy :beer:

SHERIFF
01-29-2004, 12:36 PM
I hope the fellow is Okay, however he is standing in the street, now when I stand/cross the street I tend to look for HUGE trucks. Now If the above quote is correct the drivers should be punished. BUT come on now if you are standing in the street and a plow is coming.... would you move?

Joe Clancy :beer:

Let's look at this another way...... I am almost willing to bet $1,000 the two plow truck drivers are the type who also intentionally swerve and try to run over dogs and cats killing them. Kinda puts a different light on things, eh? :)

duhtroll
02-07-2004, 12:00 PM
During this week's snow storm a plow in Waterloo, IA ran over and killed a person who was walking in the road. The driver saw the pedestrian with plenty of time to stop, but did not. His argument was that the pedestrian failed to get out of the way despite repeated use of the plow's horn or other warning deivces. There was no indication that the pedestrian was aware of the plow before being hit, according to the driver.

-A

jgc61sr2002
02-07-2004, 04:52 PM
During this week's snow storm a plow in Waterloo, IA ran over and killed a person who was walking in the road. The driver saw the pedestrian with plenty of time to stop, but did not. His argument was that the pedestrian failed to get out of the way despite repeated use of the plow's horn or other warning deivces. There was no indication that the pedestrian was aware of the plow before being hit, according to the driver.

-A
IMO the driver failed to exercise due caution. That is close to reckless endangernment at the least.