PDA

View Full Version : My Nephew wants to beat my Marauder

Bradley G
02-11-2012, 05:10 AM
I got a Text yesterday from my Nephew who @ age 27 just went through Chemo for cancer,
He said in celebration of his last treatment he bought another Gran Prix 2006 this time a 5.3 V-8.
He asked me what mods he could do on it to make it really fast.
He said his goal is to kick the Marauder to the curb:eek:
I actually added the last part but he did say something about eventually beating me in a 1/4 mile race.
I looked on some Pontiac forums to see what are the popular mods for GP fans.
Looks expensive!

Granddaddy Marq
02-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Just lift and let him win.

Guittard22
02-11-2012, 07:44 AM
My stepdads friend has one but the only mod he has done to his car is 100 shot of nos :) but he did give me this link for him to sign up.

http://www.grandprixforums.net

Ralph Sr.
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
stock to stock , my 2008 impala ss 5.3 is quicker ! than my marauder was . but here you win, [ supercharger ]. take it easy on him make it close ? ralph sr./rkvette

loud2004marquis
02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Nice car he has there. Last summer, I tried racing a guy in one of those and he wasted me!

Can't wait for the eaton swap!

Blackened300a
02-11-2012, 08:44 AM
The 5.3L GP's have minimal potential with just bolt-on's unless they do a heads or cam swap. The GTP's with the superchargers on them are a different story. There is a group of those guys around me that have them running low 12's and 11's with minimal work.

ctrlraven
02-11-2012, 08:47 AM
The 5.3L GP's have minimal potential with just bolt-on's unless they do a heads or cam swap. The GTP's with the superchargers on them are a different story. There is a group of those guys around me that have them running low 12's and 11's with minimal work.
Yep, the 3.8L s/c V6 can be worked a lot more. With tuning, intake, pulley swap and exhaust I've seen some run low 12's with no problems. Just a pulley swap and tune really wakes the car up.

Bradley G
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Just lift and let him win.Not a chance!He does not want to win on a default

My stepdads friend has one but the only mod he has done to his car is 100 shot of nos :) but he did give me this link for him to sign up.

http://www.grandprixforums.netThanks I'll check that forum

stock to stock , my 2008 impala ss 5.3 is quicker ! than my marauder was . but here you win, [ supercharger ]. take it easy on him make it close ? ralph sr./rkvetteYeah, a grudge match to be fair!

Nice car he has there. Last summer, I tried racing a guy in one of those and he wasted me!I know the feeling,.. WELL!

Can't wait for the eaton swap!Good For You!!!

The 5.3L GP's have minimal potential with just bolt-on's unless they do a heads or cam swap. The GTP's with the superchargers on them are a different story. There is a group of those guys around me that have them running low 12's and 11's with minimal work.I see that they have some amazing times on the one forum I looked at.

Yep, the 3.8L s/c V6 can be worked a lot more. With tuning, intake, pulley swap and exhaust I've seen some run low 12's with no problems. Just a pulley swap and tune really wakes the car up.That is what he had a couple years back and it had some issues with leaks and such so he traded on a car with warranty

71cyclone
02-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I got a Text yesterday from my Nephew who @ age 27 just went through Chemo for cancer,
He said in celebration of his last treatment he bought another Gran Prix 2006 this time a 5.3 V-8.
He asked me what mods he could do on it to make it really fast.
He said his goal is to kick the Marauder to the curb:eek:
I actually added the last part but he did say something about eventually beating me in a 1/4 mile race.
I looked on some Pontiac forums to see what are the popular mods for GP fans.
Looks expensive!
No need to worry /The GP's weak link is the tranny ,good for the v6 but bad for the v8 ;)

TAKEDOWN
02-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a disrespectful nephew now get in your MARAUDER and kick his Pontiac a$$, lol!

Good for him... That's the way to live! Hope all is well with your nephew.