PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CPU/Audio Rack

duhtroll
02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey you IT guys.

I can't seem to find what I want for under $200.

I am putting in a recessed audio cabinet in my new basement theater room and I want a non-wooden, vented cabinet with shelves to house the amplifier for the speaker system, the cable box/DVR and the DVD player.

I have been looking at rack cabinets and it looks like an 8U or 9U cabinet would be ideal, with one or two vented shelves (the amp gets its own, the DVR and DVD could share. These usually have glass doors which makes it even more appropriate a choice.

The problem is the Yamaha amp. is at least 16" deep, so I need a minimum of 17" depth for the cabinet. It also needs to be at least 21" wide, again for the amp.

I have found a couple cabinets on ebay but they are local pick up only in Baltimore, and I won't ask someone to pick it up and ship it since that kinda defeats the purpose of being cheap.

What I could use is a link to a site that sells something like this for $150 or less. The ebay one is $99 brand new - some Chinese off brand - but that wouldn't matter to me since it will get very light use.

Anyone know of where I can pick up a 8-9U x 21+" x 17+" cabinet?

Used would be even better, but I am not holding my breath.