PDA

View Full Version : WTF!! Chinese copy F-150!!

guspech750
02-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Unreal. Another reason to be pissed about China.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/02/16/chinese-car-company-designs-ford-f-150-clone/?intcmp=features

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

kmastl
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
The new season of UK TopGear has a whole part of one of its shows where they went to china and drove the knockoff's. Needless to say the cars were "rubbish".

It's almost comical to see some of the knockoff cars/whatever china produces.

TAKEDOWN
02-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Wow... Kinda caught me off guard with this one!

Da Dark Jedi
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
The new season of UK TopGear has a whole part of one of its shows where they went to china and drove the knockoff's. Needless to say the cars were "rubbish".

It's almost comical to see some of the knockoff cars/whatever china produces.

So when you buy your replacement parts, who do you buy from? And if it's from China do you say NO and go somewhere else? If so what's you perfered country to buy from? It's harder to buy American products every year. Where does Apple computers, I-Pod's and I-Pad's come from?

marauder21
02-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Lets look at this at positive perspective...Ford is so Good...someone couldn't afford it so decided to copy it. Or something like that:D

kmastl
02-20-2012, 10:44 PM
So when you buy your replacement parts, who do you buy from? And if it's from China do you say NO and go somewhere else? If so what's you perfered country to buy from? It's harder to buy American products every year. Where does Apple computers, I-Pod's and I-Pad's come from?

I'll buy Chinese parts. I was talking more like the full blown knockoff's cars/shoes/clothes etc that have a name like Nike or look exactly like an F150. Junk you might see at a flea market.

kmastl
02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I think my mind is blown. I realize it's a franchise and legit but I didn't know they had a version.

afYk1MFy1NE

Marauder Rick
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
WOW....blue oval and all

CBT
02-21-2012, 05:05 AM
In order to open a business in China you have to partner with a Chinese company because most if not all companies are state owned. Once you partner up with them, they have access to all your technology. When they get ahold of it, they tell you you are no longer going to do business there and blammo, start making knock-offs. Micro-soft office costs about 100 bucks here. In China you can get them from vending machines for 3 dollars, I'm not kidding.

Da Dark Jedi
02-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Reminds me of an old episold fro The Man from U.N.C.L.E., where Illya was held by the Japanese police. Well the let Illya make a call on his pen phone, when he was finish one cop ask "may he see the phone". After he looked it over he said "how much does it cost, we can make it at half the price". Last week my "Shark Tank" show was on, one shark ask if the guy would let overseas market make his product. The guy said "NO", he wanted made here in the U.S.A.. They said without going overseas to manufacture his produce no money can be made. He left with no investers.

Vortex
02-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Whenever you hear politicians talk about "free trade" rather than "fair trade" this is what you are going to end up with in the long run.

05crownsport
02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Just another reason to check the label. Where would it be on that F-150 clone?

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2012, 07:47 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH0__OKAwk6 AHHr3NdRHmisJjP35jl3z1iLUhZxOZ 1ukCK33paEktvJ6g (http://dawnofthedad2010.files.wordpre ss.com/2011/02/jpg?w=300&h=198) Bixby Snyder: I'd buy that for a dollar! :rolleyes:

FrankJAG
02-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Needs more cowbell!

mrjones
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow. 108hp TD with a manual transmission. Wonder who they're copying the engine from?

You like a flied lice wi dat?

sailsmen
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
The only reason why China has the trade status it does is becasue our Politicians gave it to them. To open a company in China they must own 51% and you must give them all of your trade secrets, technolgy, etc.

Why would our Politicians do such a thing? So that China would loan our Gov't money at low interest rates so that currenty 536 people (Congress + President) can control ~25% of our economy by borrowing ~40% of every dollar they spend.

Why won't our Politicians change the trade status with China? So they can stay in office by continuing to buy votes with money China lends our Gov't.

How can we get our Politicians to change the trade status of China?

By electing Politicians who will no longer borrow money from China.

China's "reforms" have been largley limited to economic and in other areas soley to facilitate economic success. They had no choice they were becoming the next North Korea by adhering to Communisim.
China has not reformed it's military or it's desire for World dominance.

Their Population cannot sustain it's self. Their one child policy changed their demographics resulting in a society that will be prone and forced to go to war to survive.
An aging, poor and primarily male demographic equals war. They will start a foreign War before they allow a Civlil War to begin.

tbone
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
They've been copying Honda motorcycles down to the very last detail for years! Including the nametag. They have no shame.:mad:

RF Overlord
02-22-2012, 01:34 AM
This may be unpopular, but I actually like the looks of the Chinese copy better than the real thing.

Of course, in a crash test it'll crumple like tinfoil, but it's purty....

SC Cheesehead
02-22-2012, 05:45 AM
This may be unpopular, but I actually like the looks of the Chinese copy better than the real thing.

Of course, in a crash test it'll crumple like tinfoil, but it's purty....

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/02/16/chinese-car-company-designs-ford-f-150-clone/?intcmp=features#ixzz1n78IF5k3

"The 4R3 is set to make its official debut at the biannual Bejing Motor Show in April, reportedly powered by a 108 hp four-cylinder diesel engine that’s not exactly Built Ford Tough..."

That engine, in a full size truck, I doubt it'll get up enuff speed to crumple anything, Bob. ;) ---------> :D

massacre
02-22-2012, 09:23 AM
I know a Chinese company has already made a Lincoln Town Car clone, complete with 2V SOHC, although W/ a carburetor.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51713

I buy American-made products whenever I can.

guspech750
02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I know a Chinese company has already made a Lincoln Town Car clone, complete with 2V SOHC, although W/ a carburetor.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51713

I buy American-made products whenever I can.
Thats crazy stuff.

tbone
02-22-2012, 07:42 PM
The leather sure is wrinkly. I wonder if they pay Ford anything for copyrights.

I've inherited my late father's 1999 Lincoln Town Car. I love it and will cherish it for a very long time.

tbone
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I wonder if the average Chinese even realize that these are copies of American products or they think they are Chinese designs?

FrankJAG
02-23-2012, 05:58 AM
You know they think theirs a better product than the American heathens is! LOL