PDA

View Full Version : Joined a Civic Forum

woaface
01-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna worm my way into there if I find the time;)

Here was my second post, and a true story as quite a few of you know, and the first response...real funny!

"There was a Civic meet (or at least it was mostly civics) at a place called Frankies Fun Park, in the parking lot there a couple Saturdays ago. Having "American Muscle" I didn't think I'd really fit in, but my friend convinced me to do a burn out for them. So I did...and really stupidly...used a netural drop to create all the smoke. Now even though I have a 1999 Grand Marquis, I had no tire tread left on it at the time so it burned rubber fairly well. It's got about 265-280 lb-ft of torque which melted whatever I had left (10%?) all together on the passenger side tire in one glorious lump. It was great! LOADS of smoke. But I not sure if everyone appreciated it. I heard one or two "WHOO!" and "THAT WAS GREAT!!!" but the majority was "*****! YOU!" "GO AWAY!" "ASS!" You know. Sorry if anyone was there that I offended, I wasn't trying to crash the party, I was just havin a lil' fun, I thought I'd get more "GO OLD MAN!" lol. Oops! My mistake!""

FIRST RESPONSE:
LOL I wouldn't worry about it. All the ricers were just jealous that they can't even make their tires chirp with all their 'performance' body kitis and wings.

:lol: great stuff...That was from a 97 Civic EX owner. Who's dream car (the bias here?) is a 57 Chevy.

Petrograde
01-31-2004, 08:16 AM
:lol: my wife has a Civic, stock,... no goofy crap on it. I gave some thought to building the engine, mostly for $h!t$ & grins. But,... that would cost $ that I could put in my MM!

The ricers around me have learned not to rev their engines while sitting next to me at the red light! :burnout:

anyway Whoa... we already talked about the neutral drops. :nono:

Tom

woaface
01-31-2004, 08:23 AM
anyway Whoa... we already talked about the neutral drops. :nono:

TomHaha! Yes we did, but no worries, as this is the same story.

Hey, everyone should watch "Rides" on TLC...sometime in the next couple of days or the next week, they're going to put a V8 (from I'm 95% sure an american car) in a Lexus IS300! Should be real exciting:)

The ricers around me have learned not to rev their engines while sitting next to me at the red light! :burnout:
AWW! No competition! Funny:D

miamisilvermm
01-31-2004, 08:28 AM
I had a Honda Accord until I got bumped on the expressway and skated across 5 lanes of traffic into the guardrail. No more toy cars for me!

TripleTransAm
01-31-2004, 09:26 AM
So I did...and really stupidly...used a netural drop to create all the smoke. Now even though I have a 1999 Grand Marquis, I had no tire tread left on it at the time so it burned rubber fairly well.

Weren't you just recently complaining of odd sounds from your tranny when lifting off the throttle after WOT?

Cause and effect...