PDA

View Full Version : 04 DTR with 466 miles

scottmancini
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a Marauder for a long time as I am very particular about what I buy and always try to find really nice original examples of cars that interest me. Well I now own the 466 mile Marauder that was on eBay that a lot of you guys were talking about in the for sale section. The car is being delivered tonight and I can't wait to see it as I am sure you guys understand. This is the first Marauder I have ever owned so I hope these cars are as special as you guys say they are. Well wish me luck. :banana:

4drcbra
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Congrats on your Brand New Marauder !!!! Im sure you will love it

Baconbit
02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Well Congrats and welcome to a GREAT site with alot of great people and advice. If you don't mind me asking what did you get the DTR for? I'm sure you have the lowest mileage MM on this site. Welcome to the machine:banana2:

p.s. What part of Cincy you from? I have family I visit regularly in Cincy.

scottmancini
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I am in the Western Hills area. Thanks for the kind words.

Baconbit
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
My family is in the Mason/Sharonville/West Chester area. Nice place, may end up moving there myself if the economy don't get any better here.

Guittard22
02-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Congrats and welcome .............................. ........to the site about time a member got this very low mm under 500 miles . will you be locking her away or will she be your DD??

Bradley G
02-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Proof DTRs' are slo :P

Spectragod
02-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Proof DTRs' are slo :P

I have proof that they're not. :P

Welcome to the site, we have loads of cruise in's 60 miles north of you, here in Dayton. :beer:

scottmancini
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Well Congrats and welcome to a GREAT site with alot of great people and advice. If you don't mind me asking what did you get the DTR for? I'm sure you have the lowest mileage MM on this site. Welcome to the machine:banana2:

p.s. What part of Cincy you from? I have family I visit regularly in Cincy.

My family is in the Mason/Sharonville/West Chester area. Nice place, may end up moving there myself if the economy don't get any better here.

I work in the Mason area! Look me up if you get in town.

scottmancini
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Congrats and welcome .............................. ........to the site about time a member got this very low mm under 500 miles . will you be locking her away or will she be your DD??

I plan to keep it in the garage and off the road. I am sure I will drive it to a local Ford show or car cruise this summer.

Spectragod
02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I plan to keep it in the garage and off the road. I am sure I will drive it to a local Ford show or car cruise this summer.

The show @ the Sharonville transmission plant is always a good turnout.

Baconbit
02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
The show @ the Sharonville transmission plant is always a good turnout.

Darren could you get me the date for that? I'd like to come to that one.

Shaijack
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Congrats to you.

Spectragod
02-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Darren could you get me the date for that? I'd like to come to that one.

It was later in the summer, September, 2nd week IIRC, I'll see if I can find a date.

CBT
02-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Well, nice almost knowing you.

Mercguy04
02-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Congrads on your NEW DTR.
Be prepared for some the comments concerning DTRs
Mr.Spectrgod can tell you all about it. He is the defender of the DTR.
This gentleman has the best LOOKING DTR on this site, or any other site and I think the fastest.

He has done some bitchen mods on his car. He once told me I couldn't afford his ride and from the looks of the car, I couldn't.
If I could or had a DTR I would look to him first, for advice.

Just so you know I love the DBP, DTR, SB, and Black in that order.
Welcome to our, your, new community. It is a pleasure to have you aboard
Russell

Comin' in Hot
02-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Congrats!!!!! I couldn't wait until you today everyone!!!!!

guspech750
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I plan to keep it in the garage and off the road.

Well that sounds pretty boring :(

Congratulations on buying the DTR. I'm a DTR supporter as I have one. It's the best color out there!!

Welcome to crazy town here. Lots of great peeps and info. Enjoy your new Marauder!!

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

DOOM
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
:congrats: on picking up a BRAND NEW marauder! :beer:

martyo
02-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard!

I will help you with your need for speed and I will work for Skyline Chillli!!!!!! :D

babbage
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
hey welcome to the site. you got a good one. id change all of the fluids. Hope the oil isnt 6 years old.

Install the rear head cooling kit to save your heads!

PonyUP
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Congrats on scooping her up, and welcome to the site

Pony seal of Approval

mrjones
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the NEW car! Mine had more miles on it than that when I got it home, and I bought it brand new!

Wattman1
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Congrats & welcome aboard!

drobin
02-21-2012, 08:45 PM
You'll get use to not sleeping, but that comes with being the proud owner of these one of a kind vehicles. Take care of her:banana: and enjoy every proud moment when you can..

drobin

dohc324ci
02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow congrats!

Merrill
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh...... these cars are made to be driven, enjoy it. Welcome.

MMBLUE
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks for buying that car :). I was sick of seeing it for sale. Also, glad that it went to a good home and welcome to your new addiction. :banana2:

loud2004marquis
02-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Congrats on the purchase!

Can't wait to see more pics!

MM03MOK
02-22-2012, 07:27 AM

Hopefully you'll make an exception and come to Louisville in April. We could use a few more DTRs at this 7th annual event! Check out the details in the Events forum!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

:congrats:

PonyUP
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Hopefully you'll make an exception and come to Louisville in April. We could use a few more DTRs at this 7th annual event! Check out the details in the Events forum!

Yes, more DTR's are needed, this year I think the blues will outnumber them

Embassy
02-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Beat me to it.

Drive it down and meet a great bunch of people.

88LTDCV351
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club.

1 Bad Merc
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Congratulations and welcome!!!!!!

scottmancini
02-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you guys!! The car is here in Cincinnati now and I must say it is as nice as I was told it would be. Mike from Extreme Car Company was a really nice person to deal with and everything that he told me was true which is nice to find in a seller.

I drove the car a mile to my house and I see what you guys mean about driving them as these cars seem to be a lot of fun to drive. I hope I can keep my hands off it.

guspech750
02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you guys!! The car is here in Cincinnati now and I must say it is as nice as I was told it would be. Mike from Extreme Car Company was a really nice person to deal with and everything that he told me was true which is nice to find in a seller.

I drove the car a mile to my house and I see what you guys mean about driving them as these cars seem to be a lot of fun to drive. I hope I can keep my hands off it.
Hopefully you will drive it more and then the mod bite hits. Then its time for a tune and you will say, why in the hell did Ford make the original trans tune shift so crappy!!

Mercguy04
02-23-2012, 06:50 AM
I drove the car a mile to my house and I see what you guys mean about driving them as these cars seem to be a lot of fun to drive. I hope I can keep my hands off it.[/QUOTE]

Scott,
That is what I said about every car I have ever owned.
"Oh I'll just leave it stock and drive it."
Right!!!!!
I think we should start a pool to see how long it will before his first mod.
My guess once he go's to a MM show, it will be all over but the shouten.
Spoiler will be the first.

sailsmen
02-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Congratualtions on the purchase!

If you drive it around only in reverse will you be able to keep the miles at 466?

Mercguy04
02-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Congratualtions on the purchase!

If you drive it around only in reverse will you be able to keep the miles at 466?

Good idea. LOL

sailsmen
02-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Better idea - If you put it on a flat bed, you can sit in it while they drive you around and keep the mileage at 466!;)

You can crank up the stereo and rev the engine at stop lights. Bet you get a lot of attention!:D

kernie
02-23-2012, 07:45 AM
You want to keep it showroom with super low mileage? good for you! Great to have some pristene MM's around!

:beer:

Spectragod
02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
and then the mod bite hits.

Ain't that the truth?????????????

SC Cheesehead
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Drive the car! That's what they're meant for.

BTW, :welcome1: and :congrats:

71cyclone
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a Marauder for a long time as I am very particular about what I buy and always try to find really nice original examples of cars that interest me. Well I now own the 466 mile Marauder that was on eBay that a lot of you guys were talking about in the for sale section. The car is being delivered tonight and I can't wait to see it as I am sure you guys understand. This is the first Marauder I have ever owned so I hope these cars are as special as you guys say they are. Well wish me luck. :banana:
There is an old Yidish saying. An educated buyer is our smartest Consumer. I think you will definately enjoy the Car regardles of cost or milage:beer:

tbone
02-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Get a tune immediately. Don't wait 1 more mile. You will thank the Gods.;)