PDA

View Full Version : Cops and Judges Caught Using Secret Codes on Tickets

ctrlraven
02-22-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82283669/

MOTOWN
02-22-2012, 06:53 AM
This is nothing new, nor a secret! there has always been a remarks section on tickets for the officer to note there remarks about the incident, and judges always ask about a drivers demeanor.

martyo
02-22-2012, 06:55 AM
My wife got a speeding ticket a few months back.

The cop said he already reduced the speed before issuing the ticket. His note to the judge that he did that was "circling" the speed indicated on the ticket itself.

As a lawyer, I feel that this practice is what is known as an "ex parte" communication between teh witness and the judge, but that's just me.

FrankJAG
02-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Wonder if they have a secret handshake or decoder ring too! LOL

4drcbra
02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Sure do. Its similar to loyal water buffalo from the flintstones

MOTOWN
02-22-2012, 07:01 AM
My wife got a speeding ticket a few months back.

The cop said he already reduced the speed before issuing the ticket. His not to the drive that he did that was "circling" the speed indicated on the ticket itself.

As a lwayer, I feel that this practice is what is known as an "ex parte" communication between teh witness and the judge, but that's just me.

You make an excellent point! thats the way it was tought in the academy, i remeber the sgt saying it was the most powerful part of the citation! and your chance to place the judge at the scene! so to speak

sailsmen
02-22-2012, 07:03 AM
It's all about the money.
A parkway added an extra turn lane and did not update the lane sinage. This resulted in the existing sinage giving permission to go straight from the turn lane.

I went straight per the sinage and was issued a ticket.

I took photos and contested the ticket in court. Met with the DA who refused to toss the ticket even though he acknowledged it was not a valid ticket. He assured me he went through this several times a week and the judge would rule against me.

He said either the Judge would rule me guilty or he could change it to a brake tag violation, plead guilty and pay. I told him my brake tag was valid.

I told him he was committing fraud. He told me he was not and that under the law he had broad discretion.

What does this say about the Gov't that knowingly puts the public at risk to generate money rather than fix the SINAGE?

sailsmen
02-22-2012, 07:06 AM
This is nothing new, nor a secret! there has always been a remarks section on tickets for the officer to note there remarks about the incident, and judges always ask about a drivers demeanor.

Yes, but the accused has a right to this "evidence" and "accusation".

What if the accused had communications with the Judge about the Officer that was not disclosed to the Officer?

MOTOWN
02-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Yes, but the accused has a right to this "evidence" and "accusation".

What if the accused had communications with the Judge about the Officer that was not disclosed to the Officer?

The accused does have a right and access to it, its clearly printed on the ticket in the remarks section!

on a MICHIGAN ticket anyways

sailsmen
02-22-2012, 07:23 AM
In the case being discussed, "Cops and Judges Caught Using Secret Codes on Tickets", the "Court" ticket contained remarks about the accused that the accused ticket did not and these remarks where being with held from the accused.

martyo
02-22-2012, 07:27 AM
The accused does have a right and access to it, its clearly printed on the ticket in the remarks section!

on a MICHIGAN ticket anyways

The circling of the speed without more (say, for example, a comment in the remarks section) indicates nothing to the accused.

In my book this constitutes an "ex parte" communication between the officer and teh judge.

At a minimum what it does is set up a system whereby the every accused violator needs to contest every ticket and depose the issuing officer about every mark on the ticket.

Vortex
02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRa9uhiAPBs

sailsmen
02-22-2012, 07:33 AM
It's all about the money!:D

MOTOWN
02-22-2012, 07:51 AM
The circling of the speed without more (say, for example, a comment in the remarks section) indicates nothing to the accused.

In my book this constitutes an "ex parte" communication between the officer and teh judge.

At a minimum what it does is set up a system whereby the every accused violator needs to contest every ticket and depose the issuing officer about every mark on the ticket.

I didnt mean your case in particular, but how i normally fill out a citation i always fill out the remarks section in detail, be positive, or negative

LUCKY GENE
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
A motorcycle officer stops a man for running a red light. The guy is a real jerk and comes running back to the motor officer. The violator demands to know why he is being harassed by the Gestapo! So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer's ancestry, sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit terms. The officer, being a professional, takes it all in stride.

The tirade goes on without the cop saying anything. When he gets done with writing the citation he puts an "AH" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the citation. He then hands it to the violator for his signature.

The guy signs the cite angrily, tearing the paper, and when presented his copy points to the "AH" and demands to know what it stands for. The officer then removes his mirror sunglasses, get in the middle of the guys face and say, "That's so when we go to court, I'll remember you're an *******!"

Three months later they are in court. The violator has such a bad record he's about to lose his license and has hired an attorney to represent him. On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run the red light. Under cross examination the defense attorney asks: "Officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the citation you issued my client?"

Officer responds: "Yes sir, this is the defendants copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top. "

Attorney: "Officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this citation you don't normally make?"

Officer: "Yes sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an 'AH', underlined.

Attorney: "What does the AH stand for, officer?"

Officer: "'Aggressive" and 'Hostile', Sir"

Attorney: "'Aggressive' and 'Hostile'"

Officer: "Yes Sir."

Attorney: "Officer,,, are you sure it doesn't stand for *******?"

Officer: "Well Sir, you know your client better than I do!"

:banana2::banana::lol::party:: laugh::laugh:

martyo
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
a motorcycle officer stops a man for running a red light. The guy is a real jerk and comes running back to the motor officer. The violator demands to know why he is being harassed by the gestapo! So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer's ancestry, sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit terms. The officer, being a professional, takes it all in stride.

The tirade goes on without the cop saying anything. When he gets done with writing the citation he puts an "ah" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the citation. He then hands it to the violator for his signature.

The guy signs the cite angrily, tearing the paper, and when presented his copy points to the "ah" and demands to know what it stands for. The officer then removes his mirror sunglasses, get in the middle of the guys face and say, "that's so when we go to court, i'll remember you're an *******!"

three months later they are in court. The violator has such a bad record he's about to lose his license and has hired an attorney to represent him. On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run the red light. Under cross examination the defense attorney asks: "officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the citation you issued my client?"

officer responds: "yes sir, this is the defendants copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top. "

attorney: "officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this citation you don't normally make?"

officer: "yes sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an 'ah', underlined.

Attorney: "what does the ah stand for, officer?"

officer: "'aggressive" and 'hostile', sir"

attorney: "'aggressive' and 'hostile'"

officer: "yes sir."

attorney: "officer,,, are you sure it doesn't stand for *******?"

officer: "well sir, you know your client better than i do!"

lol!

Odinson
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
a motorcycle officer stops a man for running a red light. The guy is a real jerk and comes running back to the motor officer. The violator demands to know why he is being harassed by the gestapo! So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer's ancestry, sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit terms. The officer, being a professional, takes it all in stride.

The tirade goes on without the cop saying anything. When he gets done with writing the citation he puts an "ah" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the citation. He then hands it to the violator for his signature.

The guy signs the cite angrily, tearing the paper, and when presented his copy points to the "ah" and demands to know what it stands for. The officer then removes his mirror sunglasses, get in the middle of the guys face and say, "that's so when we go to court, i'll remember you're an *******!"

three months later they are in court. The violator has such a bad record he's about to lose his license and has hired an attorney to represent him. On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run the red light. Under cross examination the defense attorney asks: "officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the citation you issued my client?"

officer responds: "yes sir, this is the defendants copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top. "

attorney: "officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this citation you don't normally make?"

officer: "yes sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an 'ah', underlined.

Attorney: "what does the ah stand for, officer?"

officer: "'aggressive" and 'hostile', sir"

attorney: "'aggressive' and 'hostile'"

officer: "yes sir."

attorney: "officer,,, are you sure it doesn't stand for *******?"

officer: "well sir, you know your client better than i do!"

omfwtf. Lol.

Blackmobile
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
It's all about the money!:D

The ticket was given in my neck of the woods, and yes "It's all about the money down here" Some cities are hungrier than others.

Go2GuyFL
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

GAMike
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
When I first moved to Georgia, the police would take your license, and issue you a "carbon" of your ticket, while stapling the original to your license...........

Think about what a license with a whole bunch of staple holes says to the next police officer who pulls you over:eek:

Shaijack
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
We cut a little piece of the corrner of the license. That way when a fellow LEO stops them the stage is already set. 4 corners cut and you are in a world of trouble.

F8LBITEva
02-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Justice now a days is being able to afford an attorney thats in good with the prosecutor and judge. Its all dollars and cents.

Fosters
02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
We cut a little piece of the corrner of the license. That way when a fellow LEO stops them the stage is already set. 4 corners cut and you are in a world of trouble.

Awesome, guilty until proven innocent!

CBT
02-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Vortex
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ajvIa8Pacyc/S7IF_8lhQ9I/AAAAAAAAAEc/4ZeMfAEPsR8/s400/HappyFace.gif

Thats nothing; we had a judge here in Texas that put smiley faces on death warrants.

fastblackmerc
02-24-2012, 05:43 AM

Just get a new license!

CBT
02-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Just get a new license!

I'd rather suffer the wrath of law enforcement on the side of the highway on a dark lonely night than deal with an over-nourished, over-manicured, and completely overly-self centered DMV employee who thinks they are doing you a favor and should have their ass kissed for it. Just pull me over, we can toss a coin to see if I get punched in the head or gut, and let me go about my business. No spending half a day at the DMV listening to babies crying, adults crying, and DMV employees crying about how "you have the wrong form." *****, you GAVE me the form!!!

Shaijack
02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
I don't know if they still do it but here they mark DUPLICATE across the new license. Throws up a red flag. Most of the bad guys were well know back then.

Fosters
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ajvIa8Pacyc/S7IF_8lhQ9I/AAAAAAAAAEc/4ZeMfAEPsR8/s400/HappyFace.gif

Thats nothing; we had a judge here in Texas that put smiley faces on death warrants.

That's awesome, need more like him :D