PDA

View Full Version : What I mean about Chicago

Da Dark Jedi
02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Back in Novenber I took alot of heat from LEOs on the board about cops. I mention that I was only refering about Chicago. Check out the link below and post your thoughts.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=8555746

bolsen
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Duh... Some officials abuse their positions. I love it when those scumbags go down.

Da Dark Jedi
02-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Duh... Some officials abuse their positions. I love it when those scumbags go down.

But here they go on like the Judge said "It's a cult that exist". A few years ago another "off duty " LEO who was drunk ran a child down in the street and left the scene. His fellow officers track him down and waited 5 plus hrs before giving a BAT test, giving him a chance to wear it off. He was found guilty of second degree murder, it took 4 years to go thru that cover up. Remember I'm only talking about Chi-town. Oh, the guy in the backgroung of the video was his partner, notice how he just watched. Guy would not lift his hand to stop his partner.

CBT
02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
There are knuckleheads in every line of work.

05crownsport
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Evil exists no matter what line of work your in. I didn't watch the video, and don't want to. Were there other patrons in the bar that could've stepped in and stopped him? He deserves more time than he got for sure. Police officers are people just like everyone else, and I do agree that a minority of them believe themselves to be above the law and act accordingly. It's up to the general public to hold them accountable and not be afraid to stop one human being from beating on another. That's just my two cents.

Da Dark Jedi
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM

Thats what I was saying back in November. When the same Police force was trying to impound my car for no Ins. People here was saying how "signs were posted", it's the law! What is your opion about his partner who just stood by? A good cop that won't help a person against his buddy. It's not just the "knuckleheads", it is the culture that exist here.

TAKEDOWN
02-23-2012, 07:23 PM
I say we let Gangbangers, rapists, car jackers, burglars, murderers, sickos, and Drug Dealers enforce Chicago instead!

CBT
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Thats what I was saying back in November. When the same Police force was trying to impound my car for no Ins. People here was saying how "signs were posted", it's the law! What is your opion about his partner who just stood by? A good cop that won't help a person against his buddy. It's not just the "knuckleheads", it is the culture that exist here.
My personal opinion of the video? The partner should have been fired, too. This was a petite woman going up against someone larger who has had at least some self defense training. If it was a cop beating a criminal that wouldn't bother me as much. Gotta do what ya gotta do to aprehend, but this was not even remotely in the line of duty. The partner should have leveled his ass. I have had to physically assult/restrain drunken knuckleheads, usually while in a foreign port, and remove them from situations like this. Well, not like this. Can't say that I've ever seen a woman getting beat like that but I've been in some huge brawls. I knocked out one of my best friends one night and carried his dumb ass over my shoulder back to the ship. This bartender, she is working at a business, she shouldn't have her ass kicked by a drunken anyone. This is my own opinion. I was not forced to make, and I will not be forced to retract it. No animals were harmed in the typing of my opinion. Any resemblance of my opinion to any others, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

05crownsport
02-23-2012, 07:48 PM

I don't get the relation between your car being towed for no insurance and this poor bartender getting beaten. In one instance officers are doing their job, and the other they are common criminals... sorry, see CBT's post for fine print.

bolsen
02-23-2012, 07:48 PM
If someone striped in to help her they likely would've been charged with assaulting an officer.

Anyone who denies the corruption in Chicago is out of their minds.

CBT
02-23-2012, 07:51 PM
If someone striped in to help her they likely would've been charged with assaulting an officer.

Anyone who denies the corruption in Chicago is out of their minds.

I guess I would have beeen charged. Any sane person can see that **** was uncalled for.

05crownsport
02-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I guess I would have beeen charged. Any sane person can see that **** was uncalled for.

Ditto. Save the person first, then deal with the consequences of my actions later. The truth will always rise to the top.

Da Dark Jedi
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't get the relation between your car being towed for no insurance and this poor bartender getting beaten. In one instance officers are doing their job, and the other they are common criminals... sorry, see CBT's post for fine print.

So you decided to watch after all. I guess if you you would be there to witness this you would have watched also. The only relationship to my car being Illegally impounded is the corruption that takes place. But I guess where you live LEOs will impound a legally registered & insured car for a seatbelt infraction (that was dismissed). You also made this comment,

" I didn't watch the video, and don't want to. Were there other patrons in the bar that could've stepped in and stopped him?"

Did you view the video?? Did you not hear what the Judge said about the code of silence here? If you would have watched there was another, his own partner stood by and did nothing.

Forgot to mention the viewing partner lost his job for false details of said incident (cover-up). He did not want to break the code!

Da Dark Jedi
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey CBT... The guy (Police Officer) said he was "defending himself", thats his case. It started because the bartender (her in video) refuse to serve him more drinks. At the beginning when this first happen the 30 seconds before he came around the bar and really hit her. The owner just had the cameras installed the prior week. Chicago is considering a new LAW that forbides anyone from filming police in action.

knine
02-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Post of the month award :trophy:

knine
02-24-2012, 05:50 AM
Back in Novenber I took alot of heat from LEOs on the board about cops.
The heat you took was for your unresearched misinformation. I see you're at it again.

. Chicago is considering a new LAW that forbides anyone from filming police in action.

Chicago is NOT considering a law that forbids filming police in action, there is already a law in place. A new law reversing that was introduced by Rep. Elaine Nekritz and is working thru committee. This is for the upcoming G 8 summit.

Synopsis As Introduced:
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Exempts from an eavesdropping violation the recording of a peace officer who is performing a public duty in a public place and speaking at a volume audible to the unassisted human ear. Provides that for the purposes of the telephone solicitation and marketing and opinion research exception to the eavesdropping statute, permits a non-employee to record the conversation if the corporation or other business entity announces it may record or listen to a telephone conversation with a non-employee.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3944&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=62774&SessionID=84&GA=97

When you come on a board and stir the shat, you're gonna get it on you. :flamer:

CBT
02-24-2012, 05:58 AM
The heat you took was for your unresearched misinformation. I see you're at it again.

Chicago is NOT considering a law that forbids filming police in action, there is already a law in place. A new law reversing that was introduced by Rep. Elaine Nekritz and is working thru committee. This is for the upcoming G 8 summit.

Synopsis As Introduced:
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Exempts from an eavesdropping violation the recording of a peace officer who is performing a public duty in a public place and speaking at a volume audible to the unassisted human ear. Provides that for the purposes of the telephone solicitation and marketing and opinion research exception to the eavesdropping statute, permits a non-employee to record the conversation if the corporation or other business entity announces it may record or listen to a telephone conversation with a non-employee.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3944&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=62774&SessionID=84&GA=97

When you come on a board and stir the shat, you're gonna get it on you. :flamer:
That is my new Cherokee name "Stirs the shat".

MOTOWN
02-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Synopsis As Introduced:

Thank you!:bows::bows: Very well said

sailsmen
02-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Chicago ain't got nothing on NOPD;
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/henry_glover_verdict_form.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/12/new_orleans_police_officer_con .html

IMHO - an organization is corrupt when the corruption extends up or down the hiearchy.

NOPD the Police Chief is appointed by the Mayor. Corrupt Community elects Corrupt Mayor, appoints Corrupt Police Chief. Corrupt Community accepts and/or endorses Corruption.

05crownsport
02-24-2012, 07:06 AM
So you decided to watch after all. I guess if you you would be there to witness this you would have watched also. The only relationship to my car being Illegally impounded is the corruption that takes place. But I guess where you live LEOs will impound a legally registered & insured car for a seatbelt infraction (that was dismissed). You also made this comment,

" I didn't watch the video, and don't want to. Were there other patrons in the bar that could've stepped in and stopped him?"

Did you view the video?? Did you not hear what the Judge said about the code of silence here? If you would have watched there was another, his own partner stood by and did nothing.

Forgot to mention the viewing partner lost his job for false details of said incident (cover-up). He did not want to break the code!

I did not watch it. I deduced from the other posts what the situation was. It's not brain surgery to comprehend what is going on by reading other people's responses. I am sorry that the police force in Chicago is corrupt. You can make a difference if you give it a good concerted effort. Contact the local news station, call the state police or even your representative for your district. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.:beer:

Da Dark Jedi
02-24-2012, 07:15 AM

Synopsis As Introduced:

So whats your opinon about the video. You manage to DUCK that topic! So by me posting a direct link you won't comment. Do you live in Chicago, NO, but I'm stiring the pot. How many people in your town (4000 at most)? We have High Schools that has more students than your town. How large is your town 2.7sq miles?

I knew you would come out and defend your profession. You would have stood by and did nothing yourself. You have said nothing about the Judges comment on the underline corruption that exists in Chicago Police Dept. When I mention that a desk Sergeant and his location said "you do not live in Chicago and to mind your own bussness". Your only comment was he was "Illinformed". Like you said you quote "case law", things you can say is Law. I post what happens in my city I live here, you watch from television.

You won't comment on the link nor comment on what a Judge say. Your only recourse is to say I "stir the shat".

knine
02-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Scroll back to post 15. I agreed that every profession has problems.

Watch TV? LOL, you have NO idea what I do or have seen.

People in my town? That I serve? about 700,000, not 4000

Size? about 850 square miles, not 2.7

You are defending your position without knowing who I am. I have stepped into situations that would make you shat and pi ss your pants. You have no idea what I have been involved in, and many members here do know.

You make yourself a complete fool with these responses.

My question is: What did a police officer do to you that makes you hate them so much? You need to let it go.

Da Dark Jedi
02-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Chicago ain't got nothing on NOPD;
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/henry_glover_verdict_form.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/12/new_orleans_police_officer_con .html

IMHO - an organization is corrupt when the corruption extends up or down the hiearchy.

NOPD the Police Chief is appointed by the Mayor. Corrupt Community elects Corrupt Mayor, appoints Corrupt Police Chief. Corrupt Community accepts and/or endorses Corruption.

Thanks sailsman, but people who don't live there will say your wrong or the link is wrong.

MOTOWN
02-24-2012, 07:32 AM
So whats your opinon about the video. You manage to DUCK that topic! So by me posting a direct link you won't comment. Do you live in Chicago, NO, but I'm stiring the pot. How many people in your town (4000 at most)? We have High Schools that has more students than your town. How large is your town 2.7sq miles?

I knew you would come out and defend your profession. You would have stood by and did nothing yourself. You have said nothing about the Judges comment on the underline corruption that exists in Chicago Police Dept. When I mention that a desk Sergeant and his location said "you do not live in Chicago and to mind your own bussness". Your only comment was he was "Illinformed". Like you said you quote "case law", things you can say is Law. I post what happens in my city I live here, you watch from television.

You won't comment on the link nor comment on what a Judge say. Your only recourse is to say I "stir the shat".

Psssssstt hey bud! your ignorance is showing big time!:stupid:

guspech750
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I say we let Gangbangers, rapists, car jackers, burglars, murderers, sickos, and Drug Dealers enforce Chicago instead!
YES!!!!! That way you can make it out to more Marauder gatherings!! :beer:

Da Dark Jedi
02-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Scroll back to post 15. I agreed that every profession has problems.

Watch TV? LOL, you have NO idea what I do or have seen.

People in my town? That I serve? about 700,000, not 4000

Size? about 850 square miles, not 2.7

You are defending your position without knowing who I am. I have stepped into situations that would make you shat and pi ss your pants. You have no idea what I have been involved in, and many members here do know.

You make yourself a complete fool with these responses.

My question is: What did a police officer do to you that makes you hate them so much? You need to let it go.

Same here you don't know me yet you judge me when I post on what's happening in my city. I'm from a family of cops (3 retired & 3 active and Fire Chiefs (2) all here in Chicago. What does that matter? I went by this link figuring you are from Elwood, Il

http://www.city-data.com/city/Elwood-Illinois.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elwood,_Illinois

But their Info is incorrect. What has this got to do with hate? I just posted a link about what happens in my city. If I post about the two Tactical Officers that just got busted for robbing a FBI informant and getting caught by the FBI. Would that be wrong also? You post to prove I don't know my city yet you don't live here. Better yet why not put me on your "ignore list", wouldn't that show your better than me? :beer:

sailsmen
02-24-2012, 08:31 AM
The Police Department, DA, FBI, etc. cannot clean up corruption. Only the people in the community can clean it up.

The Police Department, DA, FBI, etc. are just taking out the trash that the people in the community are making and/or tolerating.

In our area in a 5 year span the Fed got over 180 indictments of Public Officials on Public Corruption with a Pop of less than 1mm. Guess what the Community elected "new officials" and they were also indicted.

One only need look to Mexico, a Nation with vast Natural Resources and an industrious population who tolerate and/or are corrupt. Until their population no longer tolerates corruption nothing will change in Mexico.

05crownsport
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
The Police Department, DA, FBI, etc. cannot clean up corruption. Only the people in the community can clean it up.

The Police Department, DA, FBI, etc. are just taking out the trash that the people in the community are making and/or tolerating.

In our area in a 5 year span the Fed got over 180 indictments of Public Officials on Public Corruption with a Pop of less than 1mm. Guess what the Community elected "new officials" and they were also indicted.

One only need look to Mexico, a Nation with vast Natural Resources and an industrious population who tolerate and/or are corrupt. Until their population no longer tolerates corruption nothing will change in Mexico.

I agree with this here...except for the part about the higher forms of law that couldn't help. It takes someone with a lot of hoohahs to stand up for what is right. That is when you call the news channel to help you gain a voice...write an editorial in local or national paper would help too. Or, if I felt as strongly about the police in my area as he does about his...move!

Baaad GN
02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Geeeeez is there really a town called Elwood? Sound like a major crime place to me! Must have been kidding!

Baaad GN
02-24-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop like King Obama is a great Prez!!!!!!!!! LOL

knine
02-24-2012, 06:03 PM
If I post about the two Tactical Officers that just got busted for robbing a FBI informant and getting caught by the FBI. Would that be wrong also? You post to prove I don't know my city yet you don't live here. Better yet why not put me on your "ignore list", wouldn't that show your better than me? :beer:
Have no problem with posting of corruption, I have seen too much of it. I don't post that you don't know your city, just that you need to research facts and post facts, not feelings. I have no-one on my ignore list because I want to hear what everyone has to say, even you. I've never said I'm better than anyone, I'm just trying to help you be better than yourself if you'd see it. BTW, I don't work for Elwood. I work for a department with around 300 panther frame CV's, one of which I drive :beer:

Congrats on your lineage, I know several CFD members and a few ex-members, including the recently departed Commish. Any info on the corruption inside the CFD and the reason Bob left (besides he wouldn't cut staffing)? I was sorry to see him go, we taught together at FSI @ U of I. He and his brother were good eggs. :2thumbs:

1 Bad Merc
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I think the point the Da Dark Jedi (Leon) was trying to make was that their seems to be alot of corruption going on in the Chicago Police dept. His' positon by bringing up the bar tape and other things was to show that some officers are doing whatever they like whenever they like without fear of punishment.

Alot of people on MM.net, who dont know Leon, jumped on him when he complained about the bogus tickets he got and the police officer towing his' rental car. Everyone who did not know Leon assumed he was speeding and was wrong about why the police impounded his' rental. The guys that know him and have seen how he drives knew that their was no way Leon was racing up and down the street like the tickets say.

I think Leon was trying to say to the doubters that things happen in Chicago way beyond the norm sometimes and it was wrong to criticize him by insisting he had to be lying about what happened during his' recent traffic stop.

I have alot of friends that are PO's and they all hate this tape (not one of them that I know would have stood by while that crap was happening) and the way it portrayed them. There jobs are hard enough without stuff like this inflaming the public who they serve and protect every day.

sanco
02-24-2012, 07:46 PM
show me a coorporation with 10,000 perfect role model employees. you can't and you never will. sorry man but whenever you have that many employees, shyt is gonna happen from time to time. not to mention that whenever someone gets a word that the person involved is a cop it gets automatically thrown on the evening news.

Police are always going to be in the spotlight and are going to get scrutinized for everything they do. You would be surprised the type of crap that SHOULD be on the news that never makes it. There is more important crap to talk about than some cop LOOSING his job because he beat some bartender. If you REALLY DO live in this city than you should know there are more important issues to deal with.

Da Dark Jedi
02-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Have no problem with posting of corruption, I have seen too much of it. I don't post that you don't know your city, just that you need to research facts and post facts, not feelings. I have no-one on my ignore list because I want to hear what everyone has to say, even you. I've never said I'm better than anyone, I'm just trying to help you be better than yourself if you'd see it. BTW, I don't work for Elwood. I work for a department with around 300 panther frame CV's, one of which I drive :beer:

Congrats on your lineage, I know several CFD members and a few ex-members, including the recently departed Commish. Any info on the corruption inside the CFD and the reason Bob left (besides he wouldn't cut staffing)? I was sorry to see him go, we taught together at FSI @ U of I. He and his brother were good eggs. :2thumbs:

Knine, the one fact that I missed was the easdroping law, about Audio recording (is this the "research the fact" you're talking about or about the Federal law about posting warnings about check points). Those were the facts. Was the news story or the Judge comments wrong (not factual)? You stated to "help me be better than myself", do you find other faults about me without ever meeting me? Is your way of teaching is to attack a person publicly for his thoughts, when a PM would have done the same thing. I never called you a fool. As you said I don't know you nor you know me, but you initiate confrontations. To all the other people, the video was a news channel story that I posted a link too (ABC news here in Chicago). How was that fact wrong, I ask for comments which I got. Than it developed into something else. As far as my two cousins (District FC) they're not happy with the job right now and will retire soon. Yes they talk about racial inequality. Back in the day when we were teens our uncles (Moms older brothers, the 3 thats retired) would forbide us to go in the 51st & Wentworth Dist. I'm down @ UIC Hospital almost everyday (I know the drug Dealers there, they have the good stuff). I get talked about at every family get to by not joining either force. Like I've mention before I don't hate LEOs at all, I work with CAPS in my community.

A brief history about me and politics. I vote not only for the politians but the Judges who sit on the bench. I've marched with Rev. Briasher (who marched with M.L. King and recently crossed over RIP, his church is @ 64 S. Evans) in Marqutte PK in 78 for equal housing (was 21 then and was stoned & called all sorts on names) there. Attorney R. Eugene Pinchan wanted me to follow in my fathers footsteps and join the Masons (turned it down), my mother was in their sister club also. My wife worked with OBama back in the early 90s, had him over a couple of times for New Party organization. Some of you know the organization "Cease Fire", yeah I rolled with the founders for a bit when they were just starting up. I was at Solders Feild when ML King gave his speech (I fell asleep, did not understand about 7 or 8yrs old) parents went I went no say so. I've held World Series trophies from Charles Finley of Oakland A's (this was back about 83) when his office was at Doral Plaza, held 4 Super bowl rings from the 49ers because of Keena Turner (#58) whom I played with and against. How many can say they balled with MJ, I. Thomas, Aquire and other legends in Chicago in the summer (unless you're from NY city and played in the Ruckers tournament, much respect to them). I've had Dick Butkus coach in HS, even had Darryl Stingly (NE Patriots reciever) brother as a coach. Met Jackie Chan a few times my instructor was Grand Master Wai Lun Choi who was his mentor. I even taught a summer class @ Degenberg academy. Help Mr. T enter his first "Bouncer of the year contest" as a repayment for him getting me a position at Ding Bats night club This was 1977 or 78 (Heck everyone was helping him). How many people remember the Black Panthers when they started operation food basket here Chicago, which Jessie stole and claimed it as his own. I thought that was a GREAT THING for the people. These things I have witness & been apart of.

I risk my life two years age when I saw a young girl getting choke and slam over &over again into a fence. The girl came over spitting up film from her mouth begging me to help her. She sat on my steps as the man was cussing up a storm. I ask him to leave he said what about her, I ask again. Finally his mother Pulls up in Caddy STS and I show her I have 911 on the line. He leaves then his father pulls up, tells her to get in I said she is OK here, his reply was it on you then. Well it took CPD 90 minutes to respond after continual calls to them. The LEO looked at my cars and said "you better protect your property" (they knew the guy a young GB), a week later two tires were slashed on the passenger side. I got involved and this was a warning to mind my own business. I could not stand by when a person (young girl begs for help), from a attack. Just not me!

I mention what happen in November about the safety check point got hit by board members that it did not happen that way. Mention about a rental car and not have Ins on it, again the same reply (even @ court the State Attorney mention I paid to much for Ins since I was already covered, case dismissed). I present her with the same papers as I did when stopped. Still had to pay for speeding, but my record is and always will be clean. Back in 1988 I lost control of my Mustang where 290 meet I90-94 going southbound, I remember seeing a trucks headlight thru my passenger window, I knew I was dead. Some how (maybe God) force the car to continue the spin right into the right hand shoulder as the truck went by. From that moment I made a promise I will NEVER drive reckless again! To this day I live by that promise I made to him.

For those that say I hate the LEOs, I was raised in a Batist Church who was taught the the song "I have love for those that hate me". So finally why would I leave a great city like this I LOVE IT HERE even the corruption. I know people will say I'm lieing about this. Keep the links coming about the new laws that passed or in the house. I'll just state whats happens on the streets on Chicago.
So I'm deeply involed in my city. Yeah I'm a fool.

Forgot to ask... Did Bob ever talk about Linda (forgot here last name) when she was promoted to the first African American woman Fire Chief, my cousin and Arial (another Chief) work hard with her so she could get the rank. Big moment for all of us and her mother.

PonyUP
02-25-2012, 06:07 AM
For those that say I hate the LEOs, I was raised in a Batist Church who was taught the the song "I have love for those that hate me". So finally why would I leave a great city like this I LOVE IT HERE even the corruption. I know people will say I'm lieing about this. Keep the links coming about the new laws that passed or in the house. I'll just state whats happens on the streets on Chicago.
So I'm deeply involed in my city. Yeah I'm a fool.

Forgot to ask... Did Bob ever talk about Linda (forgot here last name) when she was promoted to the first African American woman Fire Chief, my cousin and Arial (another Chief) work hard with her so she could get the rank. Big moment for all of us and her mother.

Leon, I really enjoyed this read. Sound like you have had an interesting and active life from community activity to some great personal experiences.
I really don't have anything to add to the debate except to say there are good cops and bad cops. Chicago has its share if both, and it sounds like that has been Leon's experience.
The LEOs on this board I've met are stand up guys, and would always act on the side of the righteous.

But having lived in Chicago, I can't speak for the Cops because it doesn't get covered as much (I do know there are many fine CPD) but Chicago was built and has been run on corruption since day one. We have had more Governors endicted than any other state, more politicians arrested and the original Teflon Don, Richard J Daly, followed by his son Richard M Daly were as crooked as it gets. Hell Presidents bowed down to the Dalys

Pony seal of Approval