PDA

View Full Version : The News

1 Bad Merc
02-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Is it me or is the news more depressing nowawdays?

It just seems so doom and gloom all the time. After watching the news this morning I actually wanted to go somewhere were they dont have tv's or newspapers.

No wonder people are miserable most of the time......jeezzz.

sailsmen
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Read the CBO and IMF reports. We got one leg over the cliff, it's easy to pull that leg back but the rest of the body is determined to hop on over.:D

Hopefully the spalt is like Wile E. Coyote's

1 Bad Merc
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=sailsmen;1152267]Read the CBO and IMF reports.

Now your just trying to kill me :eek: -Ha Ha Ha.

Can anyone say Acme fire dept!!!!! :flamer:

Like I said, this stuff makes you want to sell everything, pick-up your guns and head out into the wilderness. You know the place, where you actually have to work to survive and the rules are the same for everyone....eat or be eaten!!!!

I would actually try this but I am sure some IRS/Government guy would track me down for something I owed.

guspech750
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Another reason why I DONT watch the news. One 1/2 is lies and the other 1/2 is doom & gloomhttp://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/images/smilies/obama.pnghttp://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/images/smilies/kanye.png

RF Overlord
02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
News sells. Bad news sells a lot more.

Mr. Man
02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Haven't had broadcast or cable/sat T.V. for years. Don't miss it at all. Netflix FTW!

MOTOWN
02-25-2012, 02:22 AM
It was best said 90% is Bulls!#%! the other 10% is lies and tabloid gossip!

sailsmen
02-25-2012, 03:34 AM
[QUOTE=sailsmen;1152267]Read the CBO and IMF reports.

Now your just trying to kill me :eek: -Ha Ha Ha.

Can anyone say Acme fire dept!!!!! :flamer:

Like I said, this stuff makes you want to sell everything, pick-up your guns and head out into the wilderness. You know the place, where you actually have to work to survive and the rules are the same for everyone....eat or be eaten!!!!

I would actually try this but I am sure some IRS/Government guy would track me down for something I owed.

3 minutes with out air
3 days with out water
30 days with out food.

Make sure you have a water supply and a way to purify. Bleach or Ceramic filter, iodine in a pinch.

You don't need more than 30 days of food. After that the biggest problem with food will be preserving it.

When resources are stretched the line between Civlization and Anarchy is very thin. Just search Katrina Videos.

We grow 85% of the food we consume. No energy, no food and no clean water.

Go2GuyFL
02-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Emergency water filtering system ...

http://eaglespring.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_in fo&cPath=5&products_id=12

knine
02-25-2012, 05:39 AM
It's you. .

Timw286
02-25-2012, 06:07 AM
It's at the point now where I consider news not containing extreme crimes by the oxygen thieves of society good news...another day where pyschos decide to stay home is always good...:mad2:

Vortex
02-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I like to stay informed but I get worn out by the selling of news today on television. Its all Lin-sanity or Whitney Houston or abortions or whatever. I used to watch the evening news every night, now not so much.

Ms. Denmark
02-25-2012, 08:13 AM
We haven't watched TV news for a few years. SIRIUS radio gives us all kinds of news variety/choices from all over the world. I start my day with Bloomberg. Better for my mental health...LOL;)

justbob
02-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I refuse to watch the news outside of the weather forecast. I don't need any more bad news in my life. I've had plenty enough in the last 5 years.

Ozark Marauder
02-25-2012, 09:06 AM
I mostly just listen to different radio stations on the Internet:

http://tunein.com/

Occasionally watch some T.V., Sports, Movies, (Military, History, Smithsonian, Discovery, Speed, and a few other channels), and the occasional mind-numbing reality show, for comedy relief.

But no news shows.........with the different partisan slants and sensationalism, not worth my time.

I'd just rather take a day trip in the Marauder to a wilderness area and go for a hike.......:D

OZ

jerrym3
02-25-2012, 09:10 AM
News used to be on TV from 6 to 6:15 PM with another shot at 11-11:15.

Now, they have to fill up a 24/7 timeslot while keeping the ratings up.

Result, we either get the same BS over and over, or we get stuff that we never would have seen or even cared about.

But those 20 GOP debates were thrilling, to say the least.

Ozark Marauder
02-25-2012, 09:12 AM
News used to be on TV from 6 to 6:15 PM with another shot at 11-11:15.

Now, they have to fill up a 24/7 timeslot while keeping the ratings up.

Result, we either get the same BS over and over, or we get stuff that we never would have seen or even cared about.

But those 20 GOP debates were thrilling, to say the least.

I detect a little sarcasm there......:lol:

Ms. Denmark
02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
American T.V. shows no real news. It's more newsotainment or the same overblown dopey story over and over again.

I can remember when we had T.V. cable there was a Korean channel for part of the day and even though I couldn't understand what the news anchor was saying I was always amazed at the variety of stories they covered.

Mr. Man

jerrym3
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I detect a little sarcasm there......:lol:

Absolutely not !!

But, Fox does have the prettiest ladies, not that I'm counting.

I'm 69 years old. I still look at attractive women.

I just can't remember why. :) :) :)

CBT
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
You could always read a good book that doesn't talk about how our government ****s us and ****s other countries. Here's 2 good ones I just read for a report I'm typing up for class:
Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man
Hoodwinked
Both by John Perkins. Wait, scratch that part about how our government isn't ****ing us and other countries, that's what these 2 books are all about. Mind boggling stuff.

TAKEDOWN
02-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Yup, at times it's pretty depressing and makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with people nowadays!

BODYMAN
02-25-2012, 11:40 PM
The news is just a way for the powers that be to brainwashing us into what they want us to think is reality. My good friend turned me onto some scary stuff years back in that stuff it mentioned certain things that were yet to happen at that time. I have been well preparing myself for many years. I find shows like doomsday preppers funny because I would make mention of these things be years back and was laughed at. The world is basically to the brink of eating itself, look at world population it just recently passed what some call the majic# & with overall reproduction rates it wont be long till things cannot sustain itself. There's the rich & there's the poor. You really think the very rich around the world dont already know this?Then comes the fact if prepared with nesc supplies so forth is it gonna be a place you would wanna continue to live in. Cant leave youre house,no power,always several on guard to watch out for bad stuff.

Mercguy04
02-26-2012, 12:08 AM
You got that right Todd.