PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy

SMF
02-25-2012, 07:02 PM
What do you guys think of a black/black mm with 150k on the clock in mint looking condition. I say mint looking because the body and interior looks brand new but with such high mileage i cant say much about the mechanics. What goes wrong with these cars at high miles? How long can it last with no mechanicle errors yet at 150k what is the most mileage seen on these? What should i pay for it amssuming it has no problems?

PonyUP
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
What do you guys think of a black/black mm with 150k on the clock in mint looking condition. I say mint looking because the body and interior looks brand new but with such high mileage i cant say much about the mechanics. What goes wrong with these cars at high miles? How long can it last with no mechanicle errors yet at 150k what is the most mileage seen on these? What should i pay for it amssuming it has no problems?

I know one of our members Paul Casey has near 250k on the clock and dude still hotlaps it at the track.

If the price is right for you, you don't have to worry about the miles. Things that regularly go wrong on these cars have an easy permanent fix (LCM, EATC) that one of our members (Fastblackmerc) fixes for the group.

I'd say go forth and start Maraudering

Pony seal of Approval

71cyclone
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I know one of our members Paul Casey has near 250k on the clock and dude still hotlaps it at the track.

If the price is right for you, you don't have to worry about the miles. Things that regularly go wrong on these cars have an easy permanent fix (LCM, EATC) that one of our members (Fastblackmerc) fixes for the group.

I'd say go forth and start Maraudering

Pony seal of Approval
New York Livery Car Service & Cabs have clocked up to 500.000 miles on panther platform cars {Linc,Vic and G.Mar} As reliable if not more than Toy-:burnout:ota ..

Merrill
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Buy it and join the club!!

Guittard22
02-25-2012, 08:44 PM

What part of MA ? I have only seen a few mm for sale around me that have looked good. Best of luck if you buy it:beer:

tbone
02-25-2012, 08:46 PM
What kind of maintenance and repairs has been done? Mine is at 133k and it's better than most new cars.

guspech750
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Buy it, save it, and join the maddnes :burnout:

SMF
02-25-2012, 09:01 PM
But with 150k do you think 5,800$ is a good price. Thats not his asking price but what im thinking ill offer him. The car is in outstanding cosmetic shape.

guspech750
02-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Ask if he has any maintenance records. Check the color of the oil and level before you start it. Check the trans fluid with the car running and after the car and trans has warmed up. Hopefully the the fluid is a nice bright red. Check the brakes and rotors. Is there a lot of travel of the pedal? Check the rotorsLook under the car for rust and any possible over spray from a possible accident. Check the wear on the tires. Inside where on the front tires? Any fluid leaks or engine ticking? Check all the functions inside the car. Its very easy to get caught up in the fun of buying a car.

Or ask to take it and have it inspected by a mechanic you trust.

If all checks out. Go for it.

SC Cheesehead
02-25-2012, 09:24 PM
For $5,800 you could prolly recover your cost parting it out if you don't like it; go for it!

BTW, these cars are reliable, 150K is NBD.

MOTOWN
02-26-2012, 01:38 AM
What he said^^^^^^^^

SMF
02-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Ya that wat i figured i could do, but I thought I was just convincing myself because i know how much I want it.

Shaijack
02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
I just bought one with 133K. Get it and love it.

Fosters
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
New York Livery Car Service & Cabs have clocked up to 500.000 miles on panther platform cars {Linc,Vic and G.Mar} As reliable if not more than Toy-:burnout:ota ..

I take offense to that statement....

None of my Fords have had nearly as many recalls as a Toyota would have :D

lwblumjr
03-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

At 180 K miles I had to replace the rear axles and get my first tune up. :coolman: