PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Daytona 500

Bluerauder
02-27-2012, 08:47 PM
What a fiasco !! NASCAR better rethink this event. 1st lap wreck to start the race. 160 laps of pack racing. Montoya hits the Jet Dryer under caution when his car breaks. Track is a mess from the jet fuel fire. If they get this restarted, the last 40 laps should be run at 40 MPH behind the pace car.

I was a fan for years ..... this one was a start to finish JOKE and demolition derby. :( :rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm sitting here waiting and wondering, too. May just call it a night and catch the "lowlights" tomorrow morning...:rolleyes:

a_d_a_m
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Weirdest 500 ever.
And the aero package sucks.

Just glad to see a Ford win.

guspech750
02-28-2012, 04:04 AM
NAS whaaaaa?

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

SC Cheesehead
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Weirdest 500 ever.

Yup, yup, and yup.

High points of the race:

Johnson wrecked
Gordon blew up
Stewart and Baby Busch finished back in the pack

SID210SA
02-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Was a bad weekend for Danica as well....she had like 3 wrecks all weekend. I tried to stay up for it....but after that got the jet dryer cleared, and put tide on the track it was gonna be another 30 minutes till they thought about racing again and rain was coming...so I just went to bed. Glad no one was seriously injured...all I could think of was a another tragedy like Dan Wheldon last year.

Vortex
02-28-2012, 07:22 AM
A bummer the weather didnt cooperate but I thought the racing was pretty good. I was screaming at my TV when my fave, the Wood Bros 21, got caught up in that lap 1 wreck. I also felt kinda sorry for Danica too as she seemed to get wrecked all week in things that were not her fault (but thats racing.) The aero package seems ok to me and it sure as hell beats the two car stuff from the past couple of years. It took forever to finish because of the freak accident with JPM and Im glad he was ok, that could have been a terrible thing if it had exploded with him in the car. I thought the finish was pretty good too. All in all, they made the best out of a situation that was nobodys real fault. On to the next race!

TooManyFords
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Question: How many NASCAR drivers does it take to set a jet dryer on fire?

Answer: Just Juan.

a_d_a_m
02-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Hahahahaha!

SC Cheesehead
02-28-2012, 08:12 AM

:rofl: JOCULARITY! :rofl:

babbage
02-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Tried to watch some of it. F1 cars race in the rain, Nascar should be told that things like rain tires exist.

TFB
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM

LOL

Guess I'm in the minority but I loved the two car draft racing... After last nights fiasco, I'll likely skip the Talladega & second Daytona races this year...

SC Cheesehead
02-28-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL

Guess I'm in the minority but I loved the two car draft racing... After last nights fiasco, I'll likely skip the Talladega & second Daytona races this year...

I'm a big a fan of short track racing; super speedways, not so much.

Also love Darlington and I miss Rockingham, the cookie cutter mile and a half tracks get kinda boring after a while.

FastMerc
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Weirdest 500 ever.

You got that right !!!

guspech750
02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
NAS whaaaaaa?

Sent from my iPhone

05crownsport
02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
NAS whaaaaaa?

Sent from my iPhone

CAR! that all look alike without their brand stickers on that replicate what they're supposed to look like. Nascar is not "stock" car racing. I know plenty of folks enjoy watching it, and it has a following...but not for me. Too bad for all the delays and wrecks, they're very lucky no one was injured.

Haggis
02-29-2012, 05:18 AM
CAR! that all look alike without their brand stickers on that replicate what they're supposed to look like. Nascar is not "stock" car racing. I know plenty of folks enjoy watching it, and it has a following...but not for me. Too bad for all the delays and wrecks, they're very lucky no one was injured.

I quit watching when they let Toyota enter the field.