PDA

View Full Version : Army practice drill? Or...going to war?:O

marauder21
03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Well I practically live across the street of the army reserve in North Riverside, IL...and the weirdest thing just happened..of all my years living here I've never seen one convoy truck and approximately 7-8 Humvees(H1)...practice drill? Tragic happened? I have no idea of why the reason.but kinda suspicious...-_- :(

guspech750
03-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Hopefully they are on their way to take out every POS in Springfield and then onto Washington.

I can dream right?

SGT_MERC
03-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Well I practically live across the street of the army reserve in North Riverside, IL...and the weirdest thing just happened..of all my years living here I've never seen one convoy truck and approximately 7-8 Humvees(H1)...practice drill? Tragic happened? I have no idea of why the reason.but kinda suspicious...-_- :(

Helping with cleanup from the storms?

marauder21
03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Hopefully they are on their way to take out every POS in Springfield and then onto Washington.

I can dream right?

I'm with You on that..agreed...^^
And well as far as I know...I didn't Hear no major storm that happened here..then again I was in the basement all day working with headphones in lmao must've snoozed through the whole storm!!

RacerX
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Helping with cleanup from the storms?
That's what I thought immediately. It's been bad today. :( There were 19 tornadoes touching down at the same time at on point in different locations today.

guspech750
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm with You on that..agreed...^^
And well as far as I know...I didn't Hear no major storm that happened here..then again I was in the basement all day working with headphones in lmao must've snoozed through the whole storm!!
Southern Illinois had some really bad tornados. LOTS of damage, last I heard 9 people died, and is declared a disaster zone by Gov Quinn.

marauder21
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Southern Illinois had some really bad tornados. LOTS of damage, last I heard 9 people died, and is declared a disaster zone by Gov Quinn.

Yeah I heard about that this Morning!..what a tragedy really..just comes to show you the day of tomorrow is never guaranteed..but it is crazy though this whole week with the weather across the nation!

guspech750
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Meh. 12-21-12 is the end I think.

marauder21
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Haha...maybe maybe Not..I think the mayans Just got lazy And stopped at 2012 OR this whole time we've been looking at the calendar wrong..maybe it says "12-15-2051"????? Lol but naw not even the son of God knows the date or time (for anyone whose religious out there)

4drcbra
03-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Had a few touch here about 30 miles north Atlanta about 2 hours ago. Nothing major i dont think. Just high winds and sone hail

knine
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM

I can dream right?
^^^^ That right there....is why this site needs a "LIKE" button.:beer:

Bluerauder
03-02-2012, 10:21 PM

Army Reserve or the Army National Guard?? There's a difference. The Guard can be called up by the Governor of Illinois to assist with the disaster from the tornadoes in and around Harrisburg, IL about 330 miles due south.

Activation of the US Army Reserve requires a Federal order.

There is a major National Guard center in North Riverside, IL bounded by Crescent Avenue, 17th Street and W. Cernak Road. The 1244 Transportation Company, 708 Medical Company, 709 Area Medical Support Company, 710 Medical Support Company and the 108 Medical Battalion are there. All of those units are very typical of disaster relief support.

My bet is on the US Army National Guard. Do you live in that area?

marauder21
03-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Army Reserve or the Army National Guard?? There's a difference. The Guard can be called up by the Governor of Illinois to assist with the disaster from the tornadoes in and around Harrisburg, IL about 330 miles due south.

Activation of the US Army Reserve requires a Federal order.

There is a major National Guard center in North Riverside, IL bounded by Crescent Avenue, 17th Street and W. Cernak Road. The 1244 Transportation Company, 708 Medical Company, 709 Area Medical Support Company, 710 Medical Support Company and the 108 Medical Battalion. All of those units are very typical of disaster relief support.

My bet is on the US Army National Guard. Do you live in that area?

Oh...man I am ssssoooo sorry my sincere apologies for mistaken that up..I really am I idk what I was thinking:/ but yes its the national guard. By seeing the whole fleet of vehicles right away, the army reserve came to mind. I'm sorry guys but yes its the national guard. And yes I live literally right next to it I mean I'm across from Cermak like literally I just cross the street near my house and I'm already stepping in into their property..again I apologize for my ignorance

Bluerauder
03-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Oh...man I am ssssoooo sorry my sincere apologies for mistaken that up..I really am I idk what I was thinking:/ but yes its the national guard. By seeing the whole fleet of vehicles right away, the army reserve came to mind. I'm sorry guys but yes its the national guard. And yes I live literally right next to it I mean I'm across from Cermak like literally I just cross the street near my house and I'm already stepping in into their property..again I apologize for my ignorance

No apology necessary. I suspect many or most people would not know or appreciate the difference between AC, USAR and ARNG units. I've been associated with the US Army and its various components for the past 44 years. Its taken me a lifetime to figure all this stuff out ....... and I am still learning. ;)

Major storms are wreaking havoc throughout the mid-west .... Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky have been hit the hardest. Medical, Transportation, Engineers, and Military Police units can likely expect to see duty. Water, Food, Shelter, Electrical power and Medical services are probably in HUGE demand and stressing the capacity of state, county and local resources to respond.

BUCKWHEAT
03-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Maybe its just equipment back from the war zone now that the Exaulted Leader has given another foreign country back to the enemy. But I try not to pay too much attention. I'd rather have food stamps than liberty anyway.

marauder21
03-03-2012, 09:48 AM
No apology necessary. I suspect many or most people would not know or appreciate the difference between AC, USAR and ARNG units. I've been associated with the US Army and its various components for the past 44 years. Its taken me a lifetime to figure all this stuff out ....... and I am still learning. ;)

Major storms are wreaking havoc throughout the mid-west .... Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky have been hit the hardest. Medical, Transportation, Engineers, and Military Police units can likely expect to see duty. Water, Food, Shelter, Electrical power and Medical services are probably in HUGE demand and stressing the capacity of state, county and local resources to respond.

Well its that not that I don't appreciate it...I mean I appreciate what you guys do so thank You! I mean in my opinion people don't appreciate the war veterans as much..they rather see some hotshot celebrity at Walmart than actually thank a veteran. So that being said I thank You for service.
And yeah I know its crazy though like I said one day it can be really sunny with not a care in the world andthe next..life's at risk by a storm. By I know everybody is.gonna pull out of this just fine, lets just not lose hope