PDA

View Full Version : Chevy halts production of the Volt!!

guspech750
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
:lol:http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/02/autos/volt_production_stopped/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2:lol:

So much for Government Motors.

So much for the government trying to force people to buy overpriced electric/alternative cars by jacking up gas prices.

I think the Volt actually looks good for a small car. But thats about it.

SC Cheesehead
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
:lol:http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/02/autos/volt_production_stopped/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2:lol:

So much for the government trying to force people to buy overpriced electric/alternative cars by jacking up gas prices.

I think the Volt actually looks good for a small car. But thats about it.

Economic theory states that High Price + Large Supply = Low Demand----> https://files.nyu.edu/tpj214/public/images/DEMANDSUPPLYCURVE.jpg

It don't take rocket surgery to figure out why they ain't selling... :rolleyes:

Once again, government attempts to control the "invisible hand" fail.

PonyUP
03-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Economic theory states that High Price + Large Supply = Low Demand----> https://files.nyu.edu/tpj214/public/images/DEMANDSUPPLYCURVE.jpg

It don't take rocket surgery to figure out why they ain't selling... :rolleyes:

Once again, government attempts to control the "invisible hand" fail.

You probably don't want to operate with rockets, I would imagine that would be pretty dangerous

Pony seal of Approval

Spectragod
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
CHEVY VOLT

http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/en/images/model/2012/volt/overview/12_ch_vol_ovr_footer_01.jpg

Cost to operate a Chevy Volt…..

Eric Bolling (Fox Business Channel's Follow the.Money) test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General Motors.

For four days in a row, the fully charged battery lasted only 25 milesbefore the Volt switched to the reserve gasoline engine.

Eric calculated the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the battery. So, the range including the 9 gallon gas tank and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles. It will take you 4 1/2 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph. Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a total trip time of 14.5 hours. In a typical road trip your average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph.

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds.16 kwh of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a drained battery.The cost for the electricity to charge the Volt is never mentioned so I looked up what I pay for electricity. I pay approximately (it varies with amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh.

16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery.$18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles =$0.74 per mile to operate the Volt using the battery.

Compare this to a similar size car with a gasoline engine only that gets 32 mpg. $3.19 per gallon divided by 32 mpg= $0.10 per mile.

(Don’t forget the pollution produced to make the electricity is probably very comparable to the pollution emitted by the gasoline car. That is just a trade-off rather than an advantage.)

The gasoline powered car cost about $15,000 while the Volt costs $46,000.

So this Administration wants us to pay 3 times as much for a car that costs more than 7 times as much to run and takes 3 times as long to drive across country.

Perhaps Obama voters would like to drive a Chevy Volt but those of us with thinking power – choose not to………….

Granddaddy Marq
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Rocket Surgery, Ha Funny!

Juice
03-02-2012, 09:14 PM
CHEVY VOLT

http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/en/images/model/2012/volt/overview/12_ch_vol_ovr_footer_01.jpg

Cost to operate a Chevy Volt…..

Eric Bolling (Fox Business Channel's Follow the.Money) test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General Motors.

For four days in a row, the fully charged battery lasted only 25 milesbefore the Volt switched to the reserve gasoline engine.

Eric calculated the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the battery. So, the range including the 9 gallon gas tank and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles. It will take you 4 1/2 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph. Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a total trip time of 14.5 hours. In a typical road trip your average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph.

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds.16 kwh of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a drained battery.The cost for the electricity to charge the Volt is never mentioned so I looked up what I pay for electricity. I pay approximately (it varies with amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh.

16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery.$18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles =$0.74 per mile to operate the Volt using the battery.

Compare this to a similar size car with a gasoline engine only that gets 32 mpg. $3.19 per gallon divided by 32 mpg= $0.10 per mile.

(Don’t forget the pollution produced to make the electricity is probably very comparable to the pollution emitted by the gasoline car. That is just a trade-off rather than an advantage.)

The gasoline powered car cost about $15,000 while the Volt costs $46,000.

So this Administration wants us to pay 3 times as much for a car that costs more than 7 times as much to run and takes 3 times as long to drive across country.

Perhaps Obama voters would like to drive a Chevy Volt but those of us with thinking power – choose not to………….

Where the hell do you live???

I only pay 8.5 cents per KWH. Sucks to be you.

I could charge the Volt for $1.36, which is only 5.4 cents/mile at 25 miles/charge.

Also, this is completely speculation, but I doubt the pollution caused by the power generation that produces the electricity is a trade-off to driving a gasoline powered car. Combustion engines are very inefficient, whereas the turbine generators used at power plants are extremely efficient, so less energy is wasted in converting mechanical energy to electrical energy. Again, I have no numbers to back this up, just my limited knowledge of power generation. :)

Odinson
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
NYC well known as one of the highest rates in the nation at 25 cents per kwh. Cost per mile BS.

Folks over in the volt forum talking about records between 40 and 70 miles on battery. 25 is possible with eaton marauder style driving.

I was actually looking forward to electric cars making big cars popular again, guess not.

Taemian
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM

I could charge the Volt for $1.36, which is only 5.4 cents/mile at 25 miles/charge.

Also, this is completely speculation, but I doubt the pollution caused by the power generation that produces the electricity is a trade-off to driving a gasoline powered car. Combustion engines are very inefficient, whereas the turbine generators used at power plants are extremely efficient, so less energy is wasted in converting mechanical energy to electrical energy. Again, I have no numbers to back this up, just my limited knowledge of power generation. :)

1) The high use rate here is only 9.6/KWH, the $1+ has to be an error.

2) The turbines would be effective at lowering overall emissions, but it is coal burning plants that are ramped up to meet the new demand for increased electricity. Hydro plants can have seasonly adjusted output, and are generally run to safe capacity as it is. Coal plants, which many of had been shut down or had decreased production levels, are being brought up again to cover the gap. They have emission levels through the roof. Remember the acid rain hype back in the day? Many plants now have "wet scrubbers" but not all do. Cap and trade not withstanding, emissions will be worse than the I.C.E. in cars.

3) No nuclear power in ?!?! long. The hoopla of 3 Mile Island and how many people were killed/affected? (Answer:none) Thirty years later it's still "NIMBY". The Ukraine had Soviet throwback tech, and Japan was not really bad considering the perfect storm/worst case scenarios that occured.

Juice
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
1) The high use rate here is only 9.6/KWH, the $1+ has to be an error.

2) The turbines would be effective at lowering overall emissions, but it is coal burning plants that are ramped up to meet the new demand for increased electricity. Hydro plants can have seasonly adjusted output, and are generally run to safe capacity as it is. Coal plants, which many of had been shut down or had decreased production levels, are being brought up again to cover the gap. They have emission levels through the roof. Remember the acid rain hype back in the day? Many plants now have "wet scrubbers" but not all do. Cap and trade not withstanding, emissions will be worse than the I.C.E. in cars.

3) No nuclear power in ?!?! long. The hoopla of 3 Mile Island and how many people were killed/affected? (Answer:none) Thirty years later it's still "NIMBY". The Ukraine had Soviet throwback tech, and Japan was not really bad considering the perfect storm/worst case scenarios that occured.

Yeah, like I said, pure speculation for the sake of conversation. :)

I wish more people understood nuclear power, then they wouldn't fear it so much. I'd love to see more nuclear plants come to life, it would be good job security for me too. :P

Bluerauder
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- President Barack Obama said recently he'd buy a Chevrolet Volt after he left office "in five more years."

Let's hope he gets a chance to buy one much sooner than that. :rolleyes:

1,300 workers got layoff notices.

Shaijack
03-03-2012, 02:18 AM
We need to chip in and buy him one if he leaves NOW.

Spectragod
03-03-2012, 05:15 AM

If you read the beginning of the atticle, you will see it was written by Eric Bolling of the Fox Business Channel, not me. I simply posted it here.

I have seen those cars at the Detroit auto show, outside they look great, the interior looks like a Geo Metro. Also, the charging station doesn't come with it for the 40k. I asked the guy at the Chevrolet booth that was pushing the car.

The price is kinda salty, being as how OUR tax dollars is funding the thing, and bailout money, and all these company's don't bother to employ Americans to build their cars, yet want us to buy them. :mad2:

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Yeah, like I said, pure speculation for the sake of conversation. :)

I wish more people understood nuclear power, then they wouldn't fear it so much. I'd love to see more nuclear plants come to life, it would be good job security for me too. :P

Best option for EFFICIENT electrical power generation. Safe, clean (no "carbon footprint") and waste storage is definitely manageable, IMO, that's the direction we should be heading.

guspech750
03-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Best option for EFFICIENT electrical power generation. Safe, clean (no "carbon footprint") and waste storage is definitely manageable, IMO, that's the direction we should be heading.
I just finished up a on drilling project at the closed Zion nuclear plant. They are building a permanant storage facility for all the spent fuel. Then they are going to tear the place down and site will be a public park when they expect to finish in 7 years.

sailsmen
03-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Coal ~46% of USA electricity production.
On January 17, 2008, Obama told The San Francisco Chronicle he opposes coal-fired plants, which supply half of the nation’s electricity needs.

“… if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,” Obama told the paper in January. “It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."

The aging USA Power Grid was never designed to charge autos.

Hey, Dude don't you know Electricity comes from the AIR. Prove to me it doesn't! Dude it's air that powers those generators or some other kinda mjical thing. I heard they also run on unicorn piss.

The Administration Energy Solution is to make it so expensive no one can use Energy. No one uses Energy there is no shortage.

This is the Administration's "Solution" to every thing make it so expensive it no longer exists.:D

sailsmen
03-03-2012, 06:55 AM
The USA Gov't owns the largest oil reserves in the World and refuses to sell it to the People of the USA.
USGS.Gov "3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate—
Released: 4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM"
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 31
01/31/2012
By Nick Snow
OGJ Washington Editor
Higher crude oil prices, breakthroughs in technology, and more access to prospective acreage are creating a US oil
production revival that is a major break from nearly 40 years of declining production, two experts told the US Senate
Energy and Natural Resources Committee on Jan. 31.
“We believe that by 2020, the United States will become the largest producer of hydrocarbons in the world, surpassing
Russia,” said Roger Diwan, partner and head of financial advisory operations at PFC Energy. Now that producers have
solved the problem of producing oil and gas from tight shale formations, the nation is on the verge of a golden energy era
which is reshaping the industry worldwide, he maintained.
“When you look at global oil and gas investment, the US has been the key destination in the last 10 years,” Diwan said.
“The global industry is making money all over the world, and investing it in the US.”
The scale of the opportunity to increase US oil production is greater than in most other countries over the next decade,
noted James Burkhard, managing director of IHS CERA Inc.’s global oil group.
“Indeed, the oil and gas industry in this country has attracted tens of billions of dollars of investment capital,” he said in
his written testimony. “In the United States, spending to develop oil and gas fields rose 37% from 2009 to 2010—from
$50.6 billion to $69.4 billion. Spending increased further in 2011.”
Howard K. Gruenspecht, acting administrator at the US Energy Information Administration, said the US Department of
Energy’s independent forecasting and analysis agency’s initial 2012 Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) reference case
forecasts 20% growth in US crude production over the next decade. Net petroleum imports are expected to drop from
49% of total US consumption in 2010 to 38% in 2020 and 36% in 2035 as a result, he said.
Gas export prospects
EIA’s initial 2012 AEO also projects that the US will become a net exporter of LNG by 2016, a net exporter of gas by
pipeline by 2025, and an overall net exporter of gas by 2021, he said in his written statement. “The outlook reflects
increased use of LNG in markets outside of North America, strong domestic gas production, reduced pipeline imports and
increased pipeline exports, and relatively low gas prices in the United States compared to other global markets,”

Bluerauder
03-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Projected resale values of the Chevy Volt sucks big time. In one year, it loses 43% of its value. Loses 74% after 5 years. This POS doesn't have anything going for it does it?? It'll be a good $2.00 doorstop or paperweight after 9 years at that rate. The Volt depreciates at 2-3 times the rate of the Marauder.

Year Retained MSRP Resale Value
New 100% $39,995
Year 1 57% $22,797
Year 2 49% $19,598
Year 3 41% $16,398
Year 4 33% $13,198
Year 5 26% $10,399

Seems that the Chevy Volt was made for people with too much money and not enough brains. Obama fits the demographic perfectly. ;)

Ozark Marauder
03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Coal ~46% of USA electricity production.
On January 17, 2008, Obama told The San Francisco Chronicle he opposes coal-fired plants, which supply half of the nation’s electricity needs.

“… if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,” Obama told the paper in January. “It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."

The aging USA Power Grid was never designed to charge autos.

Hey, Dude don't you know Electricity comes from the AIR. Prove to me it doesn't! Dude it's air that powers those generators or some other kinda mjical thing. I heard they also run on unicorn piss.

The Administration Energy Solution is to make it so expensive no one can use Energy. No one uses Energy there is no shortage.

This is the Administration's "Solution" to every thing make it so expensive it no longer exists.:D

I'm waiting for the Government Proclamation that ALL Government Agencies, MUST buy The Chevy Volt, for their passenger vehicle fleets. :rolleyes:

OZ

guspech750
03-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm waiting for the Government Proclamation that ALL Government Agencies, MUST buy The Chevy Volt, for their passenger vehicle fleets. :rolleyes:

OZ

I wouldn't doubt if the asshats made that statement true, but forced government agencies to buy a Toyota or Honda and continue to support those who are trying to bring us down.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Joe Walsh
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM

I would bet that when you figure in all the energy that is used to produce a KW of electricity, then factor in all the efficiencies, or inefficiencies,
plus the losses of transmitting that KW through the grid to eventually charge your electric car.....
we all would have been way ahead just burning a gallon of gasoline in an internal combustion energy.

But....Hey!....That's never stopped the Federal Government from legislating ridiculously stupid laws!

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I would bet that when you figure in all the energy that is used to produce a KW of electricity, then factor in all the efficiencies, or inefficiencies,
plus the losses of transmitting that KW through the grid to eventually charge your electric car.....
we all would have been way ahead just burning a gallon of gasoline in an internal combustion energy.

But....Hey!....That's never stopped the Federal Government from legislating ridiculously stupid laws!

Now Joe, you KNOW that's not a fair statement, the government ALWAYS has our best interests at heart... :rolleyes:

NOT!

kernie
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Agreed, also why no commercial effort for cars with some of the alternate fuels, like propane/CNG?

Propane Vehicles

Throughout the world, there are over 13 million vehicles powered by propane.2
While there have been misconceptions surrounding the safety of propane (or LPG) as a transportation fuel, all transportation fuels have the potential to be dangerous when the proper precautions are not taken. The key to safety is proper use and handling.
One of the Safest Fuels Available!

Some of the characteristics of propane, along with the regulations applied to the equipment, training, and handling, make propane one of the safest transportation fuels compared to many other fuels such as gasoline, diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG).
Propane Safety Facts

Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture-resistant than gasoline tanks – which makes them less likely to rupture in an accident
Propane is non-toxic – it will not contaminate the soil or the surrounding environment
Propane is odourized – an odourant called Ethyl Mercaptan is added to propane so that leaks are easily detected
Propane is lead-free
Propane contains extremely low levels of sulphur
Propane has the lowest flammability range of all alternative fuels (2.4 – 9.5%) – so there must be the right combination of propane and oxygen, if there is too much or too little propane it will not burn
Propane’s Ignition temperature is approximately 920-1020°F, gasoline’s ignition temperature is 495°F – therefore, gasoline will burn or explode at a much lower temperature than propane
Propane - Safe Enough For:

The Queen of England

Queen Elizabeth II’s royal limousine uses a propane version of Bentley’s 400-hp, twin-turbocharged 6.75-L V8 engine. The propane tank was fitted in the rear of the Bentley, behind the regular gasoline tank, but leaving space for the spare tire and other equipment. A 56 litre propane tank gives the Queen a 160km range – enabling her to visit the provinces while reducing CO2 emissions by 11%.3
The London Police Force
The London, Ontario, Police force began converting their fleet to propane in 1982, and all of the propane vehicles are stored in a heated underground garage that is equipped with special safety devices to detect fuel leaks. Since the conversion program began, the London Police Service has had no safety problems related to the use of propane fuel or equipment. Although the service's patrol vehicles have experienced collisions from all angles and some vehicles have been damaged beyond repair, the propane tanks, fuel lines and other conversion equipment have with-stood the abuse.4
Las Vegas
Yellow-Checker-Star Transportation in Las Vegas, Nevada, operates 585 propane-powered taxis that travel 50 million miles per year. Over 2,000 vehicles have been converted to propane since 1981. Since then, over 1 billion miles have been logged by these propane-fuelled taxicabs.5 Yellow-Checker-Star has never reported a vehicle accident resulting in a fire with propane.6

guspech750
03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Propane is a great fuel. One of our drill rigs we use for indoor jobs is a propane powered Ford inline 6.

But can you imagine millions of today's idiots trying to fill their cars with LP. When they can't even close the fuel door and leave the filler cap hanging.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

tbone
03-03-2012, 03:06 PM
The Volt could have been the new New York City taxi. But instead that idiot Democrat Bloomberg and his cronies chose a Japanese vehicle.:mad:

jerrym3
03-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Just read that Ford and Honda are going to announce a solar paneled set up just to recharge their electric vehicles.

Ford has hired an outside firm. Honda is building their own.

LIGHTNIN1
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I am waiting on the new Fiat 500 running off of watch batteries.

Joe Walsh
03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I am waiting on the new Fiat 500 running off of watch batteries.

That model, Catrinel, in the Fiat Abarth ads keeps my batteries charged!....:drool:

jjYxE2VD7VE

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Agreed, also why no commercial effort for cars with some of the alternate fuels, like propane/CNG?

Agreed, but the big gov't push is away from fossil fuel power, which is dumb, IMO; alternative fuels such as CNG/propane makes much more sense, at least at this point in time.

jabird56
03-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Potential TRUE cost of the Chevy Volt...

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/190699-true-cost-chevy-volt.html

Ozark Marauder
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Just read this in the Sunday paper. I guess our city is going CNG. I like the idea of making the fill-up station available to the citizens......who want it. :) Of course you guess it the car is a HONDA, not an American brand, but still at least, its built here, but the profits go back to Japan. :(

Honda Civic Production will shift from East Liberty, Ohio, to the newly opened plant in Greensburg, Ind., that plant will make only the Civic

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20120304/COLUMNISTS30/303040027/natural-gas-Springfield-CNG-station

kernie
03-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Just read this in the Sunday paper. I guess our city is going CNG. I like the idea of making the fill-up station available to the citizens......who want it. :) Of course you guess it the car is a HONDA, not an American brand, but still at least, its built here, but the profits go back to Japan. :(

Honda Civic Production will shift from East Liberty, Ohio, to the newly opened plant in Greensburg, Ind., that plant will make only the Civic

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20120304/COLUMNISTS30/303040027/natural-gas-Springfield-CNG-station

It's a start, good on Honda for the CNG civic. 38 MPG, half the cost at $1.90 per gallon, plentifull domestic supply, sounds good!

:beer:

Fosters
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
In regards to GM, Ronnie's old quote stands true...

If it moves, tax it, if it keeps moving, regulate it, and if it stops moving, subsidize it.

There is only one type of electric car that will never go out of business, and there's always a line of customers waiting to get in one...

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/27120-bumper_cars.jpg

Fosters
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
It's a start, good on Honda for the CNG civic. 38 MPG, half the cost at $1.90 per gallon, plentifull domestic supply, sounds good!

Ahh... Honda. The company that ended the HX and VX lean-burn 50mpg civics to replace them with the 40mpg rated hybrid civics, that got sued over and over because they kept getting ~35mpg at best. :o

kernie
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Looks like there is more interest in NG vehicles than i was aware of.

Consumers and corporate fleet purchasers can begin in April buying Chevrolet (http://www.freep.com/article/20120305/BUSINESS0101/120305025/CNG-Chevrolet-Silverados-GMC-Sierras-natural-gas?odyssey=nav%7Chead#) Silverados and GMC Sierras that run on either gasoline or compressed natural gas, the automaker said today.

The vehicles include a compressed natural gas (CNG)-capable Vortec 6.0L V8 engine (http://www.freep.com/article/20120305/BUSINESS0101/120305025/CNG-Chevrolet-Silverados-GMC-Sierras-natural-gas?odyssey=nav%7Chead#) that can run on either fuel. Combined, the trucks offer a range of more than 650 miles. The Silverado and Sierra will be available in standard and long box, with either two- or four-wheel drive.

“The bi-fuel Chevy (http://www.freep.com/article/20120305/BUSINESS0101/120305025/CNG-Chevrolet-Silverados-GMC-Sierras-natural-gas?odyssey=nav%7Chead#) Silverado and GMC Sierra provide customers with choices in advanced propulsion technology, and because CNG is a clean-burning, domestically produced fuel, it has wide appeal, “said Ed Peper, general manager, GM Fleet and Commercial Operations.

By using CNG, a Silverado or Sierra driver can save $6,000 to $10,000 in fuel costs over a three-year period because CNG is cheaper than gasoline, according to Joyce Mattman, director of GM commercial product and specialty vehicles.

Natural gas costs on average one-third less than conventional gasoline and there are 1,000 CNG-fueling stations in the U.S., of which about half are open to the public, according to Natural Gas Vehicles for America, a Washington, D.C.-based trade group.
GM began selling CNG cargo vans in 2010. Honda sells a CNG version of the Civic sedan in the U.S. Chrysler plans to bring a CNG pickup to the U.S. this year for fleet customers.

As for honda scwewing up the hybrids, they have all had their moments, eh.

Odinson
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
The Volt could have been the new New York City taxi. But instead that idiot Democrat Bloomberg and his cronies chose a Japanese vehicle.:mad:

And... That decision was made well after the informal decision was made by all the taxi companies to switch to the Ford Escape hybrid. Yellow escapes are everywhere now. As panthers are retired that is what the companies and independent drivers are buying.

So not only did they go with an unextraordinary custom Japanese minivan, but NYC ignored a clear market decision when they did it. Talk about the USSA.

dohc324ci
03-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Let the people/market decide; free will a concept the government should learn from....

Marketing 101 "if there is a need; fill it".

88LTDCV351
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Seems to me California always seems to lead the way with these type of programs, for good or worse. I've seen a number of volts and leafs driving around. And its not uncommon to see busses on propane or even CNG Crown Vic taxi cabs. Was never available to the public as far as I know.

kernie
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Seems to me California always seems to lead the way with these type of programs, for good or worse. I've seen a number of volts and leafs driving around. And its not uncommon to see busses on propane or even CNG Crown Vic taxi cabs. Was never available to the public as far as I know.

Progressive beats regressive any day!

Fosters
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Progressive beats regressive any day!

Obviously; the volt is such a success, good thing we have states like California and people like Obama in office to push such successful self-sustainable viable technologies, that the rest of the neanderthalls just don't want to switch to for some reason. :o

kernie
03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Obviously; the volt is such a success, good thing we have states like California and people like Obama in office to push such successful self-sustainable viable technologies, that the rest of the neanderthalls just don't want to switch to for some reason. :o

Oh well then just drag your azz back to your cave, i think that is where fox news broadcasts from, say hi to taliban rick and newt for me will ya.

Fosters
03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Fail, Paulbot for life here! :coolman: