PDA

View Full Version : So, that $60 Grille showed up today...

clmrt
03-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Guy packed it "taco style" in a box, zero padding. All but two of the mounting studs were poking out, and a rattle came from inside...

The other two studs had broken off, and were floating around inside, scratching the paint!

Frickin Ebay dipwads.:bigcry:

I'll see if I can make lemonade out of it.

PantherP71
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Contact him and send it back.

bolsen
03-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Pics? Sorry about the sale. Can you post the sellers info so nobody else gets duped?

clmrt
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Pics? Sorry about the sale. Can you post the sellers info so nobody else gets duped?

http://myworld.ebay.com/cease*76/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

88LTDCV351
03-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I bought a header panel for the old vic on ebay way back when. Arrived in several pieces. Seller only wrapped some carboard and some bubble wrap around it.

Anyway, did buy another from another seller. Better job wrapping and arrived in good condition.

So in other words, buy two on ebay. Chances are one will arrive safe and sound. Just kidding.

SC Cheesehead
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Have you contacted e-Bay? Buyer Protection should cover it if the seller won't make it right with you.

clmrt
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Contact him and send it back.

$25 to ship it back so I can hope for a $60 refund = $35 net recoup. No thanks. I'll eat the grille first.

I've been an ebayer for 12 years and I know what my options are and I am pursuing them. Just a heads up to peeps out there, like me, we would be better off dealing with professionals and friends when it comes to parts for our cars.

This guy is just a doof - I mean, tossing a grille in a flat box and leaving it up to the USPS to handle it carefully, I mean come on!:mad2:

End of rant. Don't want this thread to turn into another endless Ebay thing. Just wanted anyone interested in that grille before I jumped on it to know they dodged a bullet, really.

My avatar about sums it up.

DOOM
03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Damn that sucks. Sorry you had that happen!

Shaijack
03-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I had a stealership break a stud on mine, grill, they tried to say it was broken already. Insurance and I talked to them about it. Same ones that said "we did not crack you windshield" I took pictures when I dropped it off and showed them to the stealership. They changed their minds fast.

breeze
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Use for badgeless

sweetair
03-05-2012, 12:39 PM
sorry to hear. Thanks for sharing

clmrt
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I was thinking of badgeless. I'll have to look closer at my original, I know there are several fractured columns, teeth, standards, vanes, slats, or whatever you call 'em.

NXSBOB
03-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Guy packed it "taco style" in a box, zero padding. All but two of the mounting studs were poking out, and a rattle came from inside...

The other two studs had broken off, and were floating around inside, scratching the paint!

Frickin Ebay dipwads.:bigcry:

I'll see if I can make lemonade out of it.

I bougth a similarly priced item from someone else and it arrived in worst then described condition. I message seller and said I was not happy. Seller wrote back and offered a refund. I message back that I knew he had paid about $20 for Priorty Mail and it would cost me that much to send back (like you I would be out shipping). Seller then offered to give me a $15 credit. I accepted and seller saved himself from getting negative feedback from me.
Maybe you and MercuryEd could get together?

yjmud
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
open a claim with ebay you will get all your money back
just saying

clmrt
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
No need to say. BTDT. Took one for the team. Tried to be sneaky and nab a cheap one. Karma. Yang.

Whatever.

massacre
03-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I received a part from a former member who is no longer here, was THE WORST packing job I have ever seen. When I went to pick it up all the people were laughing at it and couldn't believe it.
I had to live and learn on that one.

Another time a guy put 2 Cobra exhaust manifolds in a cardboard box with no padding of any kind. When I got it all 4 of the studs were protruding through the box, I felt lucky that none of them snapped off.

IDK what people are thinking, parts need to be protected.

guspech750
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I say slit his neck. Time to show these dkless tight wads who's boss.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Pops
03-06-2012, 10:55 AM
File a claim with UPS right away. It has 100.00 insurance on it from them.

clmrt
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Why that won't work:

1. USPS.

2. Poor Packing.

Nobody would pay if it's not packed properly, even with supplemental insurance.

clmrt
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I've been in shipping for 20 years. Usually, a responsible USPS rep on the shipping side would ask to view the packing if extra insurance is purchased. Otherwise, the $100 complimentary-with-express service is rubber-stamped. Even if the rep had witnessed the packing job taking place, why would he care about the outcome? Negligence on the part of the shipper absolves the carrier of any responsibility. Only if extra insurance is purchased would the rep want to cover his ass.

If I file a claim (can't, the service used does not carry insurance and none was purchased), I have to present the original packing materials with the label intact - in this case, the "taco" box, in which there is no room for the original naked grille, much less any packing material.

Automatic fail.

Pops
03-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Why that won't work:

1. USPS.

2. Poor Packing.

Nobody would pay if it's not packed properly, even with supplemental insurance.

File the claim so you can have proof that it is the sellers fault. It gives you grounds to have your money returned. If its not your fault you should have had all this done. Time is not on your side. Next time you want to give 60.00 away just send it to me!:D

clmrt
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Claim on what? There is NO INSURANCE on this package.

Claim filed with Ebay and PAYPAL, though.

So yeah, next time I buy something on Ebay I'll remember this ****ing thread and say "Oh **** yeah, send the money to ****ing POPS. He know the **** because he's old."

Yep!

Here's the deal - Some dumb bastard packs like ****, I mention it to my buddies at MM.net, then all of a sudden it's "Take clmrt to school" day.

I'm not looking for advice, OK?

I'm just saying, like wow, man, this **** sucks, doin' my thing to rectify, yo.

I never asked "duh, what should I do".

But wait - I smell a money making opportunity here. I'll ship you a glass. I'll put it in a box with *rocks* as packing materials and when it arrives, you "claim" against it and we split the $100. We could do it a few times a day and nobody would ever catch on!!

SWEET

clmrt
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I say slit his neck. Time to show these dkless tight wads who's boss.

I like this idea. :lol:

yjmud
03-06-2012, 02:37 PM
so why did you post??????????

fastblackmerc
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Claim on what? There is NO INSURANCE on this package.

Claim filed with Ebay and PAYPAL, though.

So yeah, next time I buy something on Ebay I'll remember this ****ing thread and say "Oh **** yeah, send the money to ****ing POPS. He know the **** because he's old."

Yep!

Here's the deal - Some dumb bastard packs like ****, I mention it to my buddies at MM.net, then all of a sudden it's "Take clmrt to school" day.

I'm not looking for advice, OK?

I'm just saying, like wow, man, this **** sucks, doin' my thing to rectify, yo.

I never asked "duh, what should I do".

But wait - I smell a money making opportunity here. I'll ship you a glass. I'll put it in a box with *rocks* as packing materials and when it arrives, you "claim" against it and we split the $100. We could do it a few times a day and nobody would ever catch on!!

SWEET

:shake:

clmrt
03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
It's like nobody can read around here. Jeebus.

PonyUP
03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
No we can all read, I think people have been nice offering some decent advice and they have been met with attitude

You started a thread saying a seller kind of screwed you. Guys offered advice based on what they have done in the past trying to help, you basically flipped the finger at them

Nice

Pony seal of Approval

clmrt
03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Sorry if I lost my head.

I don't ask for advice anywhere, though, do I?

Ebay service has paid for my shipping back to the doof. I am refusing that, though, as one of our members will gladly take it off my hands and use it for badgeless. Rather see it used on a Marauder than go into the trash out in Jersey

Anyway, I'm not the kind of guy to sit and think about what I type -I'll say it in person just the same and my point will get across the first time.

This "just gimme the money next time" crap is just stupid. That gets the finger.

So why *do* I post? Because I have one of these vehicles, and I am trying to improve it. I am going to experience things as I do so, and will post to this board for advice (followed by a question mark...) if necessary. Other times I will simply relate my frustrations and if they get zero replies, that's fine, really. If it only serves others to be aware of my misfortunes and to assist them in avoiding same, great.

PRCARGUY
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
It's like nobody can read around here. Jeebus.
Some of us who got it.

SC Cheesehead
03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
No we can all read, I think people have been nice offering some decent advice and they have been met with attitude

You started a thread saying a seller kind of screwed you. Guys offered advice based on what they have done in the past trying to help, you basically flipped the finger at them

Nice

Pony seal of Approval

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking, too. :rolleyes:

J-MAN
03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks for sharing. :o