PDA

View Full Version : Eibach / First Drive

jettle
02-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I drove the car to work this morning after installing the springs over the weekend. It’s almost 40 miles to work and there are some pretty bad roads along the way so I was anxious to come to work today (Weird huh!).

Sofar, I am really impressed. This is my fourth lowered car so I can compare it to how it was stock and with the cars I had in the past. It drives great! It feels smaller and is much more responsive. I give it...:up: :up:

I was always unhappy with the ride of my mustang after lowering it. It had major bump steer and it hopped all over the place. This almost prevented me from doing the Marauder. I only noticed one bump were the Marauder felt like it had less travel than before but it was far from being jarring or bouncy at all.

I had 1500.00 in the adjustable suspension on an Acura I owned and the Marauder rides just as well or better on a 130.00 set of springs.

I can feel that the swaybar and dropping the rear down is probably going to be a further improvement. Something back there seems to be alittle off. In a hard corner it seems like the front tucks in to much. I feel that lowering the rear center of gravity and installing the DR swaybar will sort that out.

I am going to take the twisty back roads home....This is going to be the longest day ever!

I will report back again after the swaybar and rear ride height adjustment is done.

Jeff :up:

THE_INTERCEPTOR
02-02-2004, 09:39 AM
I drove the car to work this morning after installing the springs over the weekend. It’s almost 40 miles to work and there are some pretty bad roads along the way so I was anxious to come to work today (Weird huh!).

Sofar, I am really impressed. This is my fourth lowered car so I can compare it to how it was stock and with the cars I had in the past. It drives great! It feels smaller and is much more responsive. I give it...:up: :up:

I was always unhappy with the ride of my mustang after lowering it. It had major bump steer and it hopped all over the place. This almost prevented me from doing the Marauder. I only noticed one bump were the Marauder felt like it had less travel than before but it was far from being jarring or bouncy at all.

I had 1500.00 in the adjustable suspension on an Acura I owned and the Marauder rides just as well or better on a 130.00 set of springs.

I can feel that the swaybar and dropping the rear down is probably going to be a further improvement. Something back there seems to be alittle off. In a hard corner it seems like the front tucks in to much. I feel that lowering the rear center of gravity and installing the DR swaybar will sort that out.

I am going to take the twisty back roads home....This is going to be the longest day ever!

I will report back again after the swaybar and rear ride height adjustment is done.

Jeff :up:

Good to hear that you're happy with them so far.

Yeah let us know how she handles on those windy roads later today! I am thinking about lowering my vic 1" - 1 1/2"

TAF
02-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Jeff,

Glad you're happy with the Eibachs. Wait till you get the swaybar!!!

Be sure you don't go too long without the alignment and lowering the rear airbags. The springs lower the front around 1.2"...I lowered the rear airbags on my car 3/4" to keep the "rake".

You can find pics in the gallery of my car...here
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/480/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/500

jettle
02-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey TAF,

I have seen your car in the Gallery. The look of your car is what pushed me into going through with it :)

How much did you have to move the bracket? Did you move it the suggested amount that Eibach suggested?? or did you lower the rear less??

I have the swaybar in the garage. I just wanted to do it in steps so I could see the diff each part makes. Also I was kicking around the idea of having it poweder-coated ford blue. Although I don’t think it will be in sight especially after dropping the rear.

The bar is going on Saturday one way or the other.

Jeff

TAF
02-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Actually Jeff...we played with the settings a few times. I think Eibach recommends moving the "adjustment" 5mm. We did the springs, and like you left it stock. I kinda liked it (there is a pic of this in the Gallery) but, the boys doin it said it was too much...looked like a funny car at the line (not that there's anything wrong with that:up:)...so we moved it...dropped it off the rack...again...and again and ended up with the 3/4" drop in the rear. Anything lower to me looked to..."squatty". But 2 things: first...it's up to your personal preference and second...I don't think the adjustment piece is EXACT from Marauder to Marauder...so plan on spending some time with the adjustments.

jettle
02-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Actually Jeff...we played with the settings a few times. I think Eibach recommends moving the "adjustment" 5mm. We did the springs, and like you left it stock. I kinda liked it (there is a pic of this in the Gallery) but, the boys doin it said it was too much...looked like a funny car at the line (not that there's anything wrong with that:up:)...so we moved it...dropped it off the rack...again...and again and ended up with the 3/4" drop in the rear. Anything lower to me looked to..."squatty". But 2 things: first...it's up to your personal preference and second...I don't think the adjustment piece is EXACT from Marauder to Marauder...so plan on spending some time with the adjustments.

Yeah I kind of figured I would have to mess with it for a while. I will play with it this weekend.

Thanks,
Jeff