PDA

View Full Version : Caution about bring a friend to Louisville.

justbob
03-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Long winded, but good read.

I saw IwantmyMMnow mentioning he had a friend who seemed interested in coming with after he explained what it was all about. This brought up a memory of mine. Let's jump back to early '09 when I talked a H.S. buddy of mine into coming along to Louisville with me.

Let's call this the $25,000 (or maybe more??) road trip. I think he immediately logged on to here to introduce himself so he wouldn't be a complete stranger right before the trip. When we arrived he was treated like a fellow MM owner and overwelmed how cool all of the members were. He had made fun of me prior to that for belonging to an internet car club because whenever he was over I would be in the middle of a conversation and check in here to see if there was anything new going on. He would just shake his head and say "You have issues..."

Well.... Guess who all but begged to come with in '10? LOL So far were up to $1000.00 in rooms, gas, food, and drinks. Money very well spent regaurdless.

A few months go by and guess who buys his own Marauder? Yup, he sure did. :) He bought a modded black! He drove it as a daily for a good spell, and brought it to Louisville in '11. He always talked about the car, almost in every conversation. Infact his post count and friend status grew BIG time here, so much that he was now logging on more than ME!

Think that's kinda cool huh? The story gets better, and faster even though he's about to sing the blues. A most awesome blue came up for sale and he called me in a panic about offloading his. I gave him some advice and not only did he sell his black in like two days, he purchased the blue and had it in his garage within the same week!

Was that enough? NOPE! He came across a smokin deal from a stand up guy here on a centri, LT's, control arms, and probably more just a couple short weeks after his purchase. He had them professionaly installed by one of the best speedshops around AND dynoed more than ME!! :mad:

Another funny note, his real baby that has been garage kept since new in late 'll and up till recently only had 2500 miles on it is now his daily and his blue resides in the garage! Now that is cool!

Some say.... He can find almost anything to pour his drink into. That he is romoured to have used every complimentary item a hotel or staff could offer, and that he has an awkward way of appearing out of thin air, dressed in chrome spikes and ready to party.

We call him... The Ponyup! (Brad)

Items I had to leave out earlier include = Chris Wright, Marty and Mo's Speedshop, Captain Morgan, and a '12 Mustang GT. Thanks for helping him along and dialing him in. Although, Marty overtuned him and should have kept him at 444 RWHP or less! :D

justbob
03-16-2012, 04:25 AM
That's what Louisville has cost him.

Here is what I have cost this poor guy who used to drive an Maxima...

A new '07 Mustang GT
A VERY nice black 03 CV sport
A new '12 Mustang GT
A modded 03 Marauder
A blue Marader
A tune for the '07 and S/C plus goodies for the blue.

Hey, what are friends for? :D

CBT
03-16-2012, 04:31 AM
I didn't think you could put a price on friendship but you just destroyed that old myth, lol. :beer:

Haggis
03-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Justbob, what are friends for if not to spend their money.

Brad is a great guy and can talk the pants off a hotel clerk.

CBT
03-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Was it Brad that passed out in the lobby and the automatic doors were opening and closing on him?

SC Cheesehead
03-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Yeah, he's even got me sucked into his "circle of shame." Has led me down the path of perdition ever since I met him.

BTW, Brad, when we gonna get together for another evening at the TK? ;)

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Yes Guilty on all counts and I have been the happiest I have ever been since that first Louisville trip.
It still feels a little weird driving the Mustang downtown Atlanta, but I get over that every time I take Blue for a spirited romp.
All of this is definitely due to that first trip to Louisville and I would like to thank the following for the gapping holes in my personal portfolio and the extreme happiness I've had because of it
Bob, responsible for getting me back into muscle, discovering the daily driver and launching the Mod Bug, do far Bob has cost me north of $75k just in card
Mike, for arranging Louisville and making it the best Damn get together out there
Jake, showing off his Chrome in the first meet which left me like Homer Simpson hungry for a Donut
Casey, who's endless entertainment has kept me laughing for years and for creating the stand up GenePony
Rex, who gave me my first Blue Moon which started the passion for the Blue
Joe, who put a Eaton on his DTR and left me saying, "I can't be slower than him"
The music is about to play me off
Chris, for helping get Blue to where I wanted, stand up to the end and one of the nicest purest guys on the board
Marty, for doing excellent work and consulting this novice every step of the way, and for selling me such a beautiful Blue
Mike of Georgia, always being the voice of support and helped me get the car delivered for work
Zack, who told me I had a great Mustang but would never quite belong until I got a Marauder, and for taking that crappy R off my old Marauder
The entire Windy City Crew
The entire Southern Marauder Crew

And everyone here on .net, it's not a car, it's a family

Thanks again Bob for bringing me to this world ( and for those that don't like me, it's Bobs fault)

Pony seal of Approval

Mike
03-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Long winded, but good read.

I saw IwantmyMMnow mentioning he had a friend who seemed interested in coming with after he explained what it was all about. This brought up a memory of mine. Let's jump back to early '09 when I talked a H.S. buddy of mine into coming along to Louisville with me.

Let's call this the $25,000 (or maybe more??) road trip. I think he immediately logged on to here to introduce himself so he wouldn't be a complete stranger right before the trip. When we arrived he was treated like a fellow MM owner and overwelmed how cool all of the members were. He had made fun of me prior to that for belonging to an internet car club because whenever he was over I would be in the middle of a conversation and check in here to see if there was anything new going on. He would just shake his head and say "You have issues..."

Well.... Guess who all but begged to come with in '10? LOL So far were up to $1000.00 in rooms, gas, food, and drinks. Money very well spent regaurdless.

A few months go by and guess who buys his own Marauder? Yup, he sure did. :) He bought a modded black! He drove it as a daily for a good spell, and brought it to Louisville in '11. He always talked about the car, almost in every conversation. Infact his post count and friend status grew BIG time here, so much that he was now logging on more than ME!

Think that's kinda cool huh? The story gets better, and faster even though he's about to sing the blues. A most awesome blue came up for sale and he called me in a panic about offloading his. I gave him some advice and not only did he sell his black in like two days, he purchased the blue and had it in his garage within the same week!

Was that enough? NOPE! He came across a smokin deal from a stand up guy here on a centri, LT's, control arms, and probably more just a couple short weeks after his purchase. He had them professionaly installed by one of the best speedshops around AND dynoed more than ME!! :mad:

Another funny note, his real baby that has been garage kept since new in late 'll and up till recently only had 2500 miles on it is now his daily and his blue resides in the garage! Now that is cool!

Some say.... He can find almost anything to pour his drink into. That he is romoured to have used every complimentary item a hotel or staff could offer, and that he has an awkward way of appearing out of thin air, dressed in chrome spikes and ready to party.

We call him... The Ponyup! (Brad)

Items I had to leave out earlier include = Chris Wright, Marty and Mo's Speedshop, Captain Morgan, ICE BUCKET and a '12 Mustang GT. Thanks for helping him along and dialing him in. Although, Marty overtuned him and should have kept him at 444 RWHP or less! :D

^^^You forgot something^^^ Yes, Brad is OK :beer:

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Oh and on a separate note, I have to Thank Gordon, and this deserves it's own post.
Gordon helped me seal the deal for the best Hotel Amenity of all ( thanks for suggesting the vacant room)

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah, he's even got me sucked into his "circle of shame." Has led me down the path of perdition ever since I met him.

BTW, Brad, when we gonna get together for another evening at the TK? ;)

They just opened the TK 1 mile from me and the talent pool is strong, anytime you want buddy

Pony seal of Approval

justbob
03-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Most well thought out worded post of the week! LOL!!!

You's funny Gordon!

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Justbob, what are friends for if not to spend their money.

:lol: :lol:

Awesome post

Pony seal of Approval

DOOM
03-16-2012, 05:21 AM
Thread is full of WIN!!!

CBT
03-16-2012, 05:23 AM
Brad had the justbob seal of approval, that was all I needed to know before i met him.
But like an idiot, I decided to like him anyway. :lol:

Haggis
03-16-2012, 05:40 AM
I remember seeing this poor pathetic guy drinking something out of his ice bucket for the room trying to get a piece, and a room for the night, and decided to help him out.

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 06:01 AM
I remember seeing this poor pathetic guy drinking something out of his ice bucket for the room trying to get a piece, and a room for the night, and decided to help him out.

Well it worked and she certainly did the job

Pony seal of Approval

CWright
03-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Thread is full of WIN!!!

I second this ^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^

Can't wait to see everyone in Louisville! Great Story Bob!:beer:

Glad that I could help Brad. The timing was too perfect for you and me both! You know what the funny thing is, I haven't even seen the blue since you got S/C'd! You gonna be able to make it tomorrow to breakfast?

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 06:45 AM
I second this ^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^

Can't wait to see everyone in Louisville! Great Story Bob!:beer:

Glad that I could help Brad. The timing was too perfect for you and me both! You know what the funny thing is, I haven't even seen the blue since you got S/C'd! You gonna be able to make it tomorrow to breakfast?

I will be there tomorrow, rain or shine with Blue

Pony seal of Approval

tbone
03-16-2012, 09:15 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuYngWI87Tx AzusTs8GU2JBSS6UsjsryDaz-sn46ooZurkPsSJDA

I love you Brad!

GAMike
03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
The Mexican Cartel's aint got nuthin on you JustBob:banana2: Got Brad totally sideways for your product, and he never looked back:D

As Doom says "Full of Win":bows:

Thanks for the kind word big boy:) Glad to know you, and have you a part of the Southern Marauder family:beer:

FIYA!!!! Still kills me to this day:D

DEFYANT
03-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Best assimilation story yet!

1stMerc
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Cool story, and he ain't been the same since.

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
The Mexican Cartel's aint got nuthin on you JustBob:banana2: Got Brad totally sideways for your product, and he never looked back:D

As Doom says "Full of Win":bows:

Thanks for the kind word big boy:) Glad know you, and have you a part of the Southern Marauder family:beer:

FIYA!!!! Still kills me to this day:D

I scream it like three times a week :lol:

Pony seal of Approval

guspech750
03-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi Brad.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Brad.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Sailor !

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Sailor !

Pony seal of Approval

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!! Joe scared to come to Louisville now.

LANDY
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Bromance thread alert! Lol

martyo
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I feel really, really guilty!!!!

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I feel really, really guilty!!!!

You are guilty, you know how much in tires the new set up will cost me?
:lol:

Pony seal of Approval

guspech750
03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!! Joe scared to come to Louisville now.

I will take my chances being ***** and thrown to the gutter by Brad in order to see my CBT and Misses CBT.

It's what I have to do.

Sent from my iPhone

PonyUP
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I will take my chances being ***** and thrown to the gutter by Brad in order to see my CBT and Misses CBT.

It's what I have to do.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, CBT will be the one to toss you in the gutter, I'll come in for sloppy seconds when you're barely conscious, cause that's how I roll

Pony seal of Approval

guspech750
03-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah, CBT will be the one to toss you in the gutter, I'll come in for sloppy seconds when you're barely conscious, cause that's how I roll

Pony seal of Approval
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-005.gif

MrBluGruv
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Rex, who gave me my first Blue Moon which started the passion for the Blue

Seeing this brought it to mind:

Ever given yourself the gift of a "Black and blue"?

It's like the best parts of Guiness and Blue Moon without any of the worst parts. :eek:

CBT
03-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Seeing this brought it to mind:

Ever given yourself the gift of a "Black and blue"?

It's like the best parts of Guiness and Blue Moon without any of the worst parts. :eek:

I swear if I google that and it shows someone crapping themselves or crapping on someone else or worse, I will hate you foreva.

Ms. Denmark
03-17-2012, 10:32 AM

PonyUP
03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
???????? :confused: IIRC you were alone at LV that year, Bob. That is the one and only LV Mr. Man and I attended. That was the Louisville slugger, Churchill Downs and Paula gets a Zack tune year.

That was my first one Paula, we also did the Muhammad Ali museum

Pony seal of Approval

Ms. Denmark
03-17-2012, 01:05 PM
[________________

SC Cheesehead
03-17-2012, 01:31 PM
:eek::eek::eek: OMG Brad! I did not know that. Guess Bob was keeping you all to himself!!! :D

Lotsa stuff happened that year.

Was the the year of "Aerowax"?

Mr. Man
03-17-2012, 01:33 PM
That was my first one Paula, we also did the Muhammad Ali museum

Pony seal of ApprovalWhile you guys did that tour Myself, Ms.D, Haggis, Ladyhawke, and Rf Overlord did the novelty shop and Boomers for lunch. First time I had a fried boloney sandwich. I understand Boomers has closed down. I thought the food was pretty good.:)

I don't remember you there but if you were we probably met in passing at least.

That was also the first time I saw the ClassGlass hood. I think it was the first time a lot of people saw it as whoevers car it was in the corner of the parking garage there was a crowd around it checking it out.

MrBluGruv
03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I swear if I google that and it shows someone crapping themselves or crapping on someone else or worse, I will hate you foreva.

LMFAO! Dear God no.

http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/black_n_blue.htm

HsuZJum49zU

Ignore the fact that the guy in the vid is kind of a tool (I've found putting it on mute works wonders)...

PonyUP
03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
:eek::eek::eek: OMG Brad! I did not know that. Guess Bob was keeping you all to himself!!! :D

He does that sometimes, I was kind of shy that year cause I didn't know anyone, so I kind of kept to myself. What a difference a couple years makes huh? :lol:

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
03-17-2012, 01:54 PM
While you guys did that tour Myself, Ms.D, Haggis, Ladyhawke, and Rf Overlord did the novelty shop and Boomers for lunch. First time I had a fried boloney sandwich. I understand Boomers has closed down. I thought the food was pretty good.:)

I don't remember you there but if you were we probably met in passing at least.

That was also the first time I saw the ClassGlass hood. I think it was the first time a lot of people saw it as whoevers car it was in the corner of the parking garage there was a crowd around it checking it out.

I remember for lunch that day, Bob and I went to this little shopping area filled with Pubs and had some wings. We went back on Friday to check out the nightlife. Bob rolled by a car in a parking garage, revved the engine and set the guys alarm off

Pony seal of Approval

Ms. Denmark
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM

justbob
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
That was Bob's, no?

No. That was LadyChris's. Mine was the one I made and have long since sold to TBone. I have a Class Glass one now.

CBT
03-17-2012, 02:31 PM
LMFAO! Dear God no.

http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/black_n_blue.htm

HsuZJum49zU

Ignore the fact that the guy in the vid is kind of a tool (I've found putting it on mute works wonders)...

Hmmm! I will try that I like them both.

MrBluGruv
03-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Hmmm! I will try that I like them both.

It's surprisingly smooth IMO. I find both Blue Moon and Guiness to be alright beers alone personally, but together it's unbelievably fantastic.

TAKEDOWN
03-17-2012, 03:01 PM
It didn't take Louisville to convince HeavyHitter, just the Windy City Crew and the beauty of our MARAUDERs!

71cyclone
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Thread is full of WIN!!!
After all is said and done in FUN , This is What MM.net is ALL ABOUT ,One Big "MERCURYOUS":D:D:D FAMILY:burnout:

CBT
03-19-2012, 06:26 PM
It's surprisingly smooth IMO. I find both Blue Moon and Guiness to be alright beers alone personally, but together it's unbelievably fantastic.

got the ingredients today, will try it out tomorrow :beer: