PDA

View Full Version : Maruader Replacement??

Patrick
02-02-2004, 07:34 PM
While watching the Super Bowl (and Janet) they showed the Ford GT40. What a car :baaa: . Well I went to Kelly Blue Book for sum info. Then I saw the concept for the Mercury Montego. They say it will ready for 2005.

Hear is the article. What do ya think??? Personally I'M KEEPING WHAT I GOT!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

Sedan Market

For those who thought that the rebirth of the V8-powered Marauder was just a fluke, you better look again. Mercury has just released its intention to bring another performance sedan to the market, one that will forever banish the image of the stoic Sable sedan and replace it with a name that will soon rival the Maximas and Passats of the world: get ready for the all-new Montego.

Based on the same platform as the upcoming Ford 500, the Montego will entice customers with its blend of technical sophistication, adept road handling and stylish good looks. The Montego will be available with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive and will be powered by a 3.0-liter V6 engine. Transmission choices include a new CVT (continuously variable transmission) developed by Ford in conjunction with world-renowned transmission manufacturer ZF. No word if a manual transmission is on the option list, but we can always hope.

The Montego will feature state-of-the-art safety equipment, including anti-lock brakes, a side-curtain airbag head protection system and advanced traction control. Other advanced features add to the Montego’s sense of style and distinction, such as the standard HID headlights and LED tail lamp arrays. Inside, look for rich materials and two-tone dashboards (soon to become a Mercury trademark) with aluminum brushed accents and brightly backlite switchgear.

TAF
02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Have I seen this somewhere...before?:confused:

MM03MOK
02-02-2004, 07:58 PM
It's deja vu all over again.

jgc61sr2002
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Have I seen this somewhere...before?:confused:
Yes this is a dup.

Patrick
02-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey, Can someone shut this side of this thread down??????? My :censor: . SORRY!!!!!!!!!! :uzi: :uzi:

MM03MOK
02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Patrick - click on the Edit button in your first post and see if you can delete the whole post.

Patrick
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Patrick - click on the Edit button in your first post and see if you can delete the whole post.

No luck?? Mods will fix my :censor: in time. A few :beer: and a puter that locked up caused this :censor: SORRY!!!!!!!!!! :flamer: :flamer:

stumpy
02-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Some really cool stuff Ford commercials (http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/media_gallery.asp?gallery=CURR ENT_VIDEO&bhcp=1)

Patrick
02-09-2004, 08:06 PM
The vid of the GT40 was great!!! Maybe one day (If I hit the lotto!!!!) 2005 Mustang??? Maybee????????/