PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Does Vegas!

MM03MOK
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
If you're on Facebook, check out the Kenny Brown Performance Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenny-Brown-Performance/166156213457744) page and check out the travelogue I've been posting (and continue to post) of Lucy's trip to Vegas along Route 66.

The trip started at Del Rhea's Chicken Basket on old Route 66 in Willowbrook, IL on March 9. That's the place the Windy City guys had their Chicken Runs. The destination was Las Vegas for the Shelby 50th Anniversary Bash. Lucy did herself proud and her Kenny Brown Performance AGS 4.0 suspension really hugged the road and the race track at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch.

Lucy, Mac and I had an amazing trip, seeing some of the treasures along the highways and byways of the Good Old US of A!! Fifteen day trip, 10 States, 4,600+ miles, 3,500+ photos and countless memories!! Please "like" the KBP Facebook page!!

:bunny:

Da Dark Jedi
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the update Mary. Glad the both of you are safe.

jus4kix03MM
03-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Nice! Sounds like a fun trip.

justbob
03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
That sounds like an awesome roadtrip you two! We stopped meeting at Del Reahas 3-4 years ago because of the staff. Worst. Service. Ever. That day.

Keep us posted!

guspech750
03-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Sounds like a great trip.

No Facebook for me so................

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

martyo
03-27-2012, 05:44 AM
That's awesome!

I miss me some Mac and Mary!!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
03-27-2012, 05:46 AM
That's awesome!

You REALLY need to make Looseville, Marty... :burnout:

martyo
03-27-2012, 05:49 AM
You REALLY need to make Looseville, Marty... :burnout:

I feel like I am back to the daays before I moved down to Georgia.

I need 68 weekends in the year.

Mizz MO loves me and all (who could blame her, really???), but I am committed for most of the weekend between now and June and if I tell her I have one more commitment, she will shoot me in the nucking futs!

I will be there in spirit since I will have so many friends there!!

SC Cheesehead
03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I feel like I am back to the daays before I moved down to Georgia.

I need 68 weekends in the year.

Mizz MO loves me and all (who could blame her, really???), but I am committed for most of the weekend between now and June and if I tell her I have one more commitment, she will shoot me in the nucking futs!

I will be there in spirit since I will have so many friends there!!

Definitely understand the situation.

We'll do our best to carry on, and will definitely raise a glass or two in your honor, Marty! :beer:

MM03MOK
03-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Definitely understand the situation.

We'll do our best to carry on, and will definitely raise a glass or two in your honor, Marty! :beer:
Diet Mountain Dew!! :D

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 09:38 AM
diet mountain dew!! :d

not! :d
-------------

SergntMac
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
That's awesome!

And we miss you too, Marty. Hang on for Lucy's next adventure, a run down the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, a run that will bring us close to you in ATL. Details pending...

Nice! Sounds like a fun trip.

It was more than just fun. America is a beautiful country and anyone who has a chance to explore it should take that chance. You will be entertained beyond your expectations.

That sounds like an awesome roadtrip you two! We stopped meeting at Del Reahas 3-4 years ago because of the staff.
Worst. Service. Ever. That day.

Keep us posted!

Awesome doesn't explain it all, Bob, the road trip was better than that.

The real reason we stopped meeting at our "chicken runs" wasn't poor service. Not exactly.

We were visited by an "idiot" (yes, I said it again) who left us with an awesome burnout, but invited police (and fire department) attention to our presence. The smoke was so bad that someone called the Fire Department, and the Chief chased the "idiot" all the way up to the I-294, where police cut off the chase. I know (or knew) this "idiot", but I won't out him here.

Following that day/incident, we were not welcome again at Del Rhea's, and the poor service you speak of was our notice to not come back.

It was a nice time while we enjoyed it, but (alas) we do break our toys.