PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest movie you had seen?

guspech750
03-31-2012, 10:20 AM
So what is the latest movie you had seen? How was it, etc etc?

So Heather and I took our daughter to see "The Lorax".
When I first heard of the new Lorax flick. I wasn't sure as to what to make of it. Being that Dr Suess is still my favorite author. So with "The Lorax" and " The Butter Battle" books being my favorites I was worried that the new movie would be bad. I love the original Lorax animated movie from back in the day. Stayed true to the book.
So now with the new movie along with new characters and some extended story lines and a more modern setting.

I have to say the new Lorax movie was awesome!! I highly recommend anyone with or without kids seeing it. I for sure will be buying the Blue Ray disk when it's available.

So go take your lady friend or kids to see "The Lorax", as you will not be disappointed.

What have you seen lately?

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

ktt
03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
i saw john carter. it had bad reviews but it was pretty good to me. i recommend

Mr. Man
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
If you mean 'What's the last movie you physically went to a movie theater to see' then it was Heat in 1995 and I honestly can't remember what it was about, must have been forgettable.
I stopped going to the movies because I'm old enough to remember when the screen was significantly larger than my TV. I also have a hard time paying so much money for a movie that in all likelihood will be a disappointment.

I watched Double on Netflix last night. I'd give it 3 out of 5 :)

tbone
03-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Die Hard was the last movie I saw in the theater that I really, really enjoyed.

guspech750
03-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Any movie, TV or theaters. Doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone

PonyUP
03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
We watched Rocky IV last night, I love the Rocky's

Pony seal of Approval

Jolly Roger
03-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Any movie, TV or theaters. Doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone

I watched, "Where Eagles Dare"
starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood last night.
Nice plot (though unlikely) and lots of action.
Still one of my favorite WWll movies.:)

guspech750
03-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I watched, "Where Eagles Dare"
starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood last night.
Nice plot (though unlikely) and lots of action.
Still one of my favorite WWll movies.:)

I have not heard of that one. I will have to see it.

Sent from my iPhone

Marauderman
03-31-2012, 12:31 PM
"Safe House" with Deszel Washington---a lot of action --bunches and bunches---If you like action and mystery all in one--this is it----but stay attentive cause you may not pick up one whats being said all the time....

Guittard22
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
J .edgar classic in the making :)

capt512
03-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Act of Valor, hadn't seen any for years before that, but that one was well worth it IMO.

tbone
03-31-2012, 01:32 PM
"Cathouse" on HBO is pretty good.;)

Shaijack
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Hunger Games, read all three books and took grand daughter to midnight show. She went back to see it again the next night.
Action, death, hunger and what theworld is heading towards. 4 thumbs up.

guspech750
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Hunger Games, read all three books and took grand daughter to midnight show. She went back to see it again the next night.
Action, death, hunger and what theworld is heading towards. 4 thumbs up.

My wife just saw that last night. I think I am going to see it too.

Come on peeps. No one else has seen or can recommend a movie. Just going to read and answer the same old 10 year old boring LCM questions etc etc?

Sent from my iPhone

PonyUP
04-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm watching Bridesmaids right now, and it's actually pretty funny

Pony seal of Approval

CWright
04-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm watching "Law Abiding Citizen" now.

CBT
04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
"The Messenger", watched it last weekend. Pretty sad. Anyone who has served will get a knot in thier throat or teary eyed at some point. Woody Harrelson should have recieved an Academy award.

http://www.holidaymatinee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the-messenger-ecard-5_2.jpg

marauder21
04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Saw hunger games....twice!! IMHO the book was way better...but I'm watching Faster with Dwayne Johnson right now..pretty good! Next movie after this is Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler lol

guspech750
04-02-2012, 06:14 AM
I'm watching "Law Abiding Citizen" now.

Love that movie. Especially the beginning. That's how we should take care of all the losers in prison. Make them suffer like their victims did.

Sent from my iPhone

yjmud
04-02-2012, 06:17 AM
just saw j.edgar and drive did not like either drive had a few moments
joe would like j.edgar it had some man on man action

RoyLPita
04-02-2012, 06:44 AM
So what is the latest movie you had seen? How was it, etc etc?

So Heather and I took our daughter to see "The Lorax".
When I first heard of the new Lorax flick. I wasn't sure as to what to make of it. Being that Dr Suess is still my favorite author. So with "The Lorax" and " The Butter Battle" books being my favorites I was worried that the new movie would be bad. I love the original Lorax animated movie from back in the day. Stayed true to the book.
So now with the new movie along with new characters and some extended story lines and a more modern setting.

I have to say the new Lorax movie was awesome!! I highly recommend anyone with or without kids seeing it. I for sure will be buying the Blue Ray disk when it's available.

So go take your lady friend or kids to see "The Lorax", as you will not be disappointed.

What have you seen lately?

Sent from my iPhone

Last movie I saw in the theater was "Despicable Me". The "Lorax" was made by the same company.

If you mean 'What's the last movie you physically went to a movie theater to see' then it was Heat in 1995 and I honestly can't remember what it was about, must have been forgettable.
I stopped going to the movies because I'm old enough to remember when the screen was significantly larger than my TV. I also have a hard time paying so much money for a movie that in all likelihood will be a disappointment.

I watched Double on Netflix last night. I'd give it 3 out of 5 :)

I saw that "Heat" in the theater, too. It was long (2hrs 45min) and was on 2 VHS tapes originally.

guspech750
04-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Last movie I saw in the theater was "Despicable Me". The "Lorax" was made by the same company.

There is another Despicable me coming out in the near future. I really liked that movie.

Sent from my iPhone

tbone
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Come on peeps. No one else has seen or can recommend a movie. Just going to read and answer the same old 10 year old boring LCM questions etc etc?

Sent from my iPhone

I'm going to slap you when I see you next........

I can't stand Matt Damon, but I just watched "The Adjustment Bureau" and I liked the plot.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZbyC0ZuRR6 HRIBHdCOrC3qH_j2yXPNybjjAW_vKQ ZutB9k18B
Maaaatt Daaaamooonnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajyQrpu26I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajyQrpu26I)

PonyUP
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Alright, I'm almost ashamed to admit this but I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't sleep so I turned on the Tivo

Encore on cable has been playing some great old 80's movies so a Tivo'd a few, one of which I watched last night

Action Jackson, I don't know why, but I am a sucker for cheesy 80's action movies

slickster
04-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm watching Bridesmaids right now, and it's actually pretty funny

Pony seal of Approval
omg that movie was too funny

slickster
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
seen clash of the titans last night it was preety good but no where near like the movie 300!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac-MerC
04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Saw Hunger games... disliked it, didnt even know it was a book beforehand until now. needed more killing. I suppose its an issue of showing kids killing kids but they should have had more.

TAKEDOWN
04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Wrath of he Titans. Kid thought it was cool, but I'd wait till it hits the cable channels in my opinion!

Timw286
04-02-2012, 07:01 PM
A Perfect World...a Clint Eastwood directed/star classic w/ Kevin Costner. Two thumbs up:2thumbs:

TCBO1
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
A Perfect World...a Clint Eastwood directed/star classic w/ Kevin Costner. Two thumbs up:2thumbs:

That was an awesome movie. I had no idea it was directed by Clint Eastwood.

TCBO1
04-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Last movie I went to see was Act of Valor. Breath taking movie.. and of course I :bigcry:

CBT
04-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Watched The Thin Blue Line the other night. Fascinating.

Horsepower
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Trading places

guspech750
04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I saw Limitless a few nights ago. Pretty darn good. My wife kept bugging me to see it. So I finally did.

Sent from my iPhone

ctrlraven
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Saw The Hunger Gamers, 21 Jump Street and Act of Valor.

BlackJack
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Act Of Valor. Great movie. Highly recommended.

chevysnfirst
04-07-2012, 12:26 AM
21 Jumpstreet

Timw286
04-08-2012, 02:04 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKMtBib10om 1V1SJRPmiWaqfd-4NO4YE32neVz75wCuOQ_4FCZ8Q

VMARAUDER
04-29-2012, 11:58 AM
The name of the movie is "Act Like A Lady-Think Like A Man"...appropiately titled. Back in the day none of that nonsense would have beem tolerated. You should have been in the parking lot and seen all the car doors getting opened after the movie.

Take a note from our great past president JFK
Ask not what your man can do for you - ask what you can do for your man.:D

guspech750
04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
We saw the movie "Change Up". Super funny. So funny and laughed so much that we missed more one liners and will have to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone

IwantmyMMnow!
04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Looks like I'm missing a lot of good movies. If I would've remembered about "The Lorax", I definately would've taken my kids to that this weekend.

Last 'adult' movie I've seen in the theater was Hangover 2...rented Hangover the day before because I didn't see it when it was in theaters.

Usually the only time I go to the theater is with my kids.

I did watch Pulp Fiction 18 times in one weekend many, many years ago.

"Check out the brain on Brad...you a smart m...!"

"Ah man, I just shot Marvin in the face!"

"You know what they call a quarter-pounder with cheese in France? A Royale with cheese." "What do they call a Whopper?" "I don't know, I didn't go to Burger King."

"Do they speak English in 'What'?

Any many, many more....great, awesome movie, IMO. Vincent and Jules...Travolta and Jackson...rocked it!

PonyUP
04-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Looks like I'm missing a lot of good movies. If I would've remembered about "The Lorax", I definately would've taken my kids to that this weekend.

Last 'adult' movie I've seen in the theater was Hangover 2...rented Hangover the day before because I didn't see it when it was in theaters.

Usually the only time I go to the theater is with my kids.

"Check out the brain on Brad...you a smart m...!"

"Ah man, I just shot Marvin in the face!"

"You know what they call a quarter-pounder with cheese in France? A Royale with cheese." "What do they call a Whopper?" "I don't know, I didn't go to Burger King."

Any many, many more....great, awesome movie, IMO. Vincent and Jules...Travolta and Jackson...rocked it!

Loved the Fiction. Do you know how many times I've heard "check out the big brain on Brad"? And I can quote the Ezekial passage, great movie

I watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocal last weekend and really liked it.

Watched "limitless" today and it was a little weird.

Pony seal of Approval

Vortex
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Im waiting for "Prometheus". Its by Ridley Scott who did the original "Alien" and this is some sort of related prequel. Should be good serious sci fi if you are into that sort of thing.

New preview that came out today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1byZkbNB3Jw

CBT
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM

Loved the Fiction. Do you know how many times I've heard "check out the big brain on Brad"? And I can quote the Ezekial passage, great movie

Many, many, many a time Amy and I have yelled "Say what again, mother****er!" at each other jokingly. It never gets old. Also fun when she is looking for something and I'll say "You can't miss it. It's the one the says Bad Mother ****er on it."

I have Columbiana, but have not watched it yet. Too busy.

Ken
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Last Night...

"Three Stooges"... for git and shiggles!

and well worth the $3 / ticket!

Probably the first movie that I've seen in almost twenty years without at least one of my kids. They wouldn't have any clue who the Three Stooges are anyways. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

marauder21
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
^^^Saw the three stooges as well with the family. Can't lie we all lol'd throughout the movie. Lmao good movie!!

guspech750
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
I just finished Apollo 18.

Holy sheeeet is it freaky.

Be it a true story or not. Makes me hate the government just a little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone

MOTOWN
04-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Act like a Lady Think like a Man excellent movie!