PDA

View Full Version : for those with coyotes...

ImpalaSlayer
04-05-2012, 06:03 PM
how do you like it? i test drove one today and really liked the car. the interiors are awesome and it pulls pretty damn hard. im just kinda wondering how you guys that have bought them like them. any troubles? im looking at a 2012 in yellow blaze and my friend who works at the dealer is giving me a damn good deal.

gdmjoe
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Have a "coyote" in my 2011 F-150. While it may not have the same tune as the Mustang, it still scoots. *14.9sec in ¼mile hauling 6487Lbs. :D *They're gonna hafta surgically remove the smile.

Purchased it new (3miles) in Oct'2011 and it currently has only 5,000miles on the clock and has been trouble free.

Granddaddy Marq
04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Talk to Brad (Ponyup) He's got one. A Blue and a 5.0, Lucky Son of a Gun!:lol:

Granddaddy Marq
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Have a "coyote" in my 2011 F-150. While it may not have the same tune as the Mustang, it still scoots. *14.9sec in ¼mile hauling 6487Lbs. :D *They're gonna hafta surgically remove the smile.

Currently it only has 5,000miles on the clock and it's been trouble free.

Have you thought about tuning it? Or just no need to.

Mr. Man
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I've driven a few F-150's myself with the 5.0l and I like it better than the Eco-boost 6. In fact I like the plain-jane 6 better than the Eco.

The 5.0 has plenty of get up and go and even has the tq to do highway passing in OD but then again why would you want to.

Yellow will be easy to spot in the parking lot. Go for it I think you will be happy.

gdmjoe
04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Granddaddy Marq - Have you thought about tuning it? Or just no need to.
It'd take more than a tune to achieve the Mustang's #s. Besides ... I could easily shed 500Lbs (tool box, floor jack, spare, tonneau cover, ¼ tank (36gal) of gas, chit in rear under seat storage, etc.) and be in the mid' to low 14's.

The F-150 configuration has different cams, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, etc., etc., etc.. All geared toward truck performance. Though it's still a high winder and the 6speed WOT shifts are close to 6,000RPM. Many claim that FoMoCo is understating the ACTUAL HP and FtLb #s of both Mustang and F-150. *May actually be 20-30 over what's advertised.

There are quite a few that have installed the BOSS 302 intake manifold and throttle body (with accompanying tune) and have gotten good gains.

Me ... Since it's my winter beater, for now I'll settle for no-tune-required bolt-ons. *Last one was a ROUSH air intake. GREAT SOTP gains with a growl that will wake the dead (REALLY!). Can't wait for the next test-and-tune.

babbage
04-06-2012, 05:32 AM
how do you like it? i test drove one today and really liked the car. the interiors are awesome and it pulls pretty damn hard. im just kinda wondering how you guys that have bought them like them. any troubles? im looking at a 2012 in yellow blaze and my friend who works at the dealer is giving me a damn good deal.

Sounds good, should get great mileage compared to the truck.. I'm guessing your not going to be installing Aero's on it if you get it? :D

babbage
04-06-2012, 05:37 AM
It'd take more than a tune to achieve the Mustang's #s. Besides ... I could easily shed 500Lbs (tool box, floor jack, spare, tonneau cover, ¼ tank (36gal) of gas, chit in rear under seat storage, etc.) and be in the mid' to low 14's.

The F-150 configuration has different cams, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, etc., etc., etc.. All geared toward truck performance. Though it's still a high winder and the 6speed WOT shifts are close to 6,000RPM. Many claim that FoMoCo is understating the ACTUAL HP and FtLb #s of both Mustang and F-150. *May actually be 20-30 over what's advertised.

There are quite a few that have installed the BOSS 302 intake manifold and throttle body (with accompanying tune) and have gotten good gains.

Me ... Since it's my winter beater, for now I'll settle for no-tune-required bolt-ons. *Last one was a ROUSH air intake. GREAT SOTP gains with a growl that will wake the dead (REALLY!). Can't wait for the next test-and-tune.

That sounds like an awesome truck Joe. Electric cut out's don't need a tune either... ;) (re: waking the dead)

Juice
04-06-2012, 05:51 AM
I got mine with every option except the comfort package and navigation (couldn't get nav with the Shaker 1000 sound system). I even got the glass roof, which is a real head turner.

I just rolled over 5k miles and I've loved every minute of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Photowalk5D068.jpg

a_d_a_m
04-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I like the Grabber Blue ones, but ^that^ is awesome.

RoyLPita
04-06-2012, 06:59 AM
5.0 Mustang GT takes 8 qts of oil. F150 takes 7.7 qts.

F150 has a tensioner for the a/c belt. The Mustang does not.

sailsmen
04-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Jack A@@e@ beat them every time. All the fields with calves have Jack A@@e@.

Black&Gifted
04-06-2012, 08:55 PM
was talking to my shop and they installed the boss intake manifold and dyno tuned a 2011 5.0 and it layed down 402 or something ridiculous like that. Also, very beefy internals from the factory.

LANDY
04-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Jack A@@e@ beat them every time. All the fields with calves have Jack A@@e@. ok what is this supposed to mean? The new stang is Boss.

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I got mine with every option except the comfort package and navigation (couldn't get nav with the Shaker 1000 sound system). I even got the glass roof, which is a real head turner.

I just rolled over 5k miles and I've loved every minute of it.

Juice, i really wanted a white one but basically within 500 miles theres none with the brembos. infact, the one i bought is one of only 2 that were availble with the brembos with in 500 miles. ill start a thread with my new purchase :D

sailsmen
04-08-2012, 05:09 AM
ok what is this supposed to mean? The new stang is Boss.

Coyotes are increasingly a problem, they eat every thing, including small children if hungry enough. When the Mighty Ole River crested it drove them to high ground where us humans and our live stock are.

Looks like the best protection is a Jack A@@. Ain't nothing mess with a Jack A@@.

Surprised they have not moved into your area yet?:confused:

LANDY
04-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Coyotes are increasingly a problem, they eat every thing, including small children if hungry enough. When the Mighty Ole River crested it drove them to high ground where us humans and our live stock are.

Looks like the best protection is a Jack A@@. Ain't nothing mess with a Jack A@@.

Surprised they have not moved into your area yet?:confused:
Yes we have them here too. But we are talking about the new mustang.lol

sailsmen
04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
IF I were Government Motors I would come out w/ a Camaro Pkg called the Jack A@@. The moto the Jack A@@ kicks the Coyote's A@@!:)