PDA

View Full Version : my new ride

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2012, 02:11 PM
so i have wanted a new 5.0 since they came out but it wasnt really in the cards. but last night i signed the papers and brought one home. it was pretty much one of that last 2012s within 500 miles with the brembos. i had to have the 14 inch brakes after my experience with the baers on the MM. i wasnt sold on the color when i first went and drove it but its growing on me. it was msrp'd at 38 and change, my buddy got it for me for 32 out the door :banana:

it has everything but nav and the glass roof. the 5.0 is ****ing stupid outa the box. its so much fun to drive and gets good mileage too boot. anyway, here are a few pics with a moron behind the camera

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3497.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3492.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3491.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3501.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3489.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/mustang/IMG_3499.jpg

Baconbit
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Man that thing is sweet...color is kinda bright at first but I can see where it would grow on ya.....Congrats on the purchase:beatnik:

MercNasty
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM
nice. some black rally stripes might help.

jus4kix03MM
04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
That thing is sick. I want one.

kernie
04-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Very, very nice, enjoy!

:beer:

MOTOWN
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Sweet ride bud! reminds me of grey poupon mustard! lol

dohc324ci
04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Sweet looking man; congrats!

boatmangc
04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Sweet!
Some nice rims would set that color off.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.c om/Custom_Wheels.cfm?pn=Viscera%2 DRims%2D770%2D20H&pID=24007

Mercguy04
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
T A X I
JUST KIDDING LOL
Have lots of fun in your new Ride.!!!!!

STEPS
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Real nice ride
ride safe

Papillon
04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
F***ing HOT!!!! Love it. Congrats man!

ImpalaSlayer
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
thanks all, its nice having all this "go" right outa the gate. i dont feel compelled too mod it.

Vortex
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Nice car; Ill be the guy who advises you to leave the damn thing alone, it looks great right now (I like the color too). Drive and enjoy.

ncmm
04-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Sweet ride. . .congrats! :burnout:

Gryphonzus
04-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Good looking ride! I like the color hard to lose in a crowded lot.:banana2:

babbage
04-07-2012, 04:23 PM
thanks all, its nice having all this "go" right outa the gate. i dont feel compelled too mod it.

Congrats Dave! No Aero Turbines this time?! :D:D

guspech750
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice going Dave. I love yellow. And with the Brembos. Sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

RoyLPita
04-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Lets see:
Brembo brake package
security package
HID headlights
accessory package #4
tri-coat paint upcharge

comfort package?
Which gear ratio?

F8LBITEva
04-07-2012, 04:57 PM
sweet ride man!

Ms. Denmark
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
It's BEAUTIFUL!! Enjoy:burnout:

Pat
04-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Yea, a contrasting graphics package would do it.

I note that the rear end sits quite high causing the tires to look small. Front seems OK. Is the rear stance adjusable, like the Marauder?

Mr. Man
04-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Yellow Mustang Club is waiting to hear from you. :rolleyes:

Nice choice in color, easy to spot in the mall parking lot.:)

PonyUP
04-07-2012, 07:29 PM
You'll love it, I bought an 11 5.0 a couple years back and it has been awesome.
They ate comfortable, and have plenty of get up and go

It's now my DD as the Marauder now gets weekend duty with the SC and I love it

Congrats

Pony seal of Approval

Bigdogjim
04-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Enjoy your "new ride" miles and miles of safe travel:up:

Ladyhawke
04-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Congrats and enjoy!

martyo
04-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Very nice!!!

Love the color!!!

GAMike
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Very nice Dave..... I drove that and a V8 M3 within the same week when they first came out......... Don't know why anyone would be compelled to buy an M3. The 5.0 is very well sorted out:burnout:

Enjoy!!!:banana2:

MMBLUE
04-07-2012, 10:27 PM
thanks all, its nice having all this "go" right outa the gate. i dont feel compelled too mod it YET.

Fixed it for ya.

Black_Noise
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeet

a_d_a_m
04-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Jealous...

tjl006
04-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Awesome. I love that gold color looks great in person

Blk Mamba
04-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Nice, a guy at work has the same color, and depending on how bright the sun is any given day the color seems to change, I like it.

Blackened300a
04-08-2012, 06:10 AM
When I saw the pics on Facebook, I thought you were kidding! Congrats and Good luck with it!!! :beer:

First mod...
Ghost cam tune!
K920Kxq3eLY

LANDY
04-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Nice ride! Is it M6 or auto.?

justbob
04-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Congrats Dave! But yellow?? :p

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Seneca
04-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

ImpalaSlayer
04-08-2012, 08:38 AM
the color seems to be either love it or hate it but i like it over all, id like it better with out the fake scoop but apparently it is held on with screws :( ill get over it with a push of the skinny pedal lol.

im gona try and be a good boy and leave the majority of it alone. already figured out that it has some wheel hop to it so that will have to be fixed. and i gotta get some tint on it, i feel like im under a magnifying glass.

the sync is also pretty cool, damn car can do everything but make me coffee.

ImpalaSlayer
04-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Congrats Dave! No Aero Turbines this time?! :D:D

nope, well yet.....lol

Lets see:
Brembo brake package
security package
HID headlights
accessory package #4
tri-coat paint upcharge

comfort package?
Which gear ratio?

im not sure what the comfort package included? it has the 3.73s though

Yea, a contrasting graphics package would do it.

I note that the rear end sits quite high causing the tires to look small. Front seems OK. Is the rear stance adjusable, like the Marauder?

nope its not adjustable

Fixed it for ya.

yeah yeah i know......:rolleyes:

When I saw the pics on Facebook, I thought you were kidding! Congrats and Good luck with it!!! :beer:

First mod...
Ghost cam tune!
K920Kxq3eLY

thats pretty ****ing cool

Nice ride! Is it M6 or auto.?

its manual Landy

LANDY
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Sweet. There is nothing like banging gears in a pony car.

ImpalaSlayer
04-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Sweet. There is nothing like banging gears in a pony car.
it makes it alot more fun ill tell ya that. and the seats actually hold you in place pretty well

05crownsport
04-08-2012, 09:16 AM
That's a good looking car! I'm with you on the scoop, but I bet you would have enough ingenuity to make it functional! Nothing a sawzall can't fix! Custom build an under hood air box that seals to the hood when closed. A couple of drain holes for the aqua to run out of, and voila! As far as exhaust, I'm a sucker for the MRT h pipes and bassani mufflers.

TAKEDOWN
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
NICE!!! I'd definitely rock some gloss black rims and some satin black racing stripes. Looks like someone should close out your previous thread...

visionmercury
04-08-2012, 06:47 PM
love it and the color

jflave
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Real nice Dave, enjoy your new machine. :)

Odinson
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Good looking ride! I like the color hard to lose the cops in a crowded lot.:banana2:

Fixed it.

I've never been a mustang guy. Too normal. But damned if I'm not blown away by both the looks and the numbers on the new 5.0. Awesome.

ctrlraven
04-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Congrats Dave! The stock tires are junk if you want to hit the track, get a set of good drag radials.

vkirkend
04-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Congrats Dave! That's a nice ride!!!! Love the color!

Hacklemerc
04-09-2012, 07:31 AM
I've never been a Mustang guy either but the new 5.0 is impressive. The local dealership has an awesome looking Black 2012 5.0 on the lot. If I were in the market I wouldn't mind bringing one home.

burt ragio
04-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Dave congrats on the new ride. I am now going to call Gold Finger. I love the color.
How is the truck project comming along ?

tbone
04-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Great Mustang commercial. The black Cobra with the gun metal stripes at the end is just over the top gorgeous. When they rev it and it turns black gives me goose bumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiyhXf_KVc0

ImpalaSlayer
04-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Congrats Dave! The stock tires are junk if you want to hit the track, get a set of good drag radials.
really? because they are stickey as hell, they pick up every little rock on the road

Ladyhawke
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Great Mustang commercial. The black Cobra with the gun metal stripes at the end is just over the top gorgeous. When they rev it and it turns black gives me goose bumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiyhXf_KVc0

Love that commercial!! I never get tired of watching it and find myself humming the tune at work.

71cyclone
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Sweet ride. . .congrats! :burnout:
My next car when I get out of hock and retire for the second time [ soon ]:beer:

2,4shofast
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Congrats on the purchase, Im sure you will really enjoy it:burnout:

3pedal
04-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Nice car - congrats. I would like to get one of the new 5.0s at some point.

FrankJAG
04-10-2012, 06:01 AM
That is one sweet ride! Congrats!!!

05crownsport
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Yeah, he's got the p zeros with a treadwear rating of 200! They are sticky as all get out. I have them on a set of take offs I ran on the vic last summer. He'll want to remove them for winter...absolutely no grip in the cold weather.

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, he's got the p zeros with a treadwear rating of 200! They are sticky as all get out. I have them on a set of take offs I ran on the vic last summer. He'll want to remove them for winter...absolutely no grip in the cold weather.

good to know, thanks. i was wondering about that claim since i hear every pebble go "ting" on the inner fenders. did the '11s have diff tires?

Juice
04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
1. Gorgeous.
2. Get your ass over here and do a photo shoot with mine.
3. Did you get the upgraded interior? Easiest way to tell is if you have an aluminum shift ball.
4. Too bad about the screwed on hood poop. I guess that just means aftermarket hood!
5. You're going to love the Brembos and HIDs. Good thing the HIDs include the security package (including locking lug nuts), because those wheels are over $800 a pop from Ford.
6. If you tint the windows, they are going to take the "built with pride" sticker out of the driver's quarter window. You may not care, but I kind of wanted to keep it.
7. The comfort package includes: Power passenger seat, heated front seats, heated mirrors, and dual climate control.
8. The tires that come with the Brembo package are rated as "summer only", hence them being terrible in the cold. I'm going through that right now.
9. I love that spoiler, I've thought about adding it to mine as well as the aftermarket front splitter. I'd also like to lower it a bit.
10. If you haven't experienced it yet, watch out for the forced 1->4 shift.
11. Did you get the Shaker 1000 system? You'll have subs in the trunk if you did.
12. I'm sure you noticed, but the mirrors do not fold! Don't find out the hard way.
13. CAI really adds to the experience when you lay into it. I also put Magnaflow axle backs on. It's quiet until you stomp it.

If I think of any other quirks, I'll let you know. If you have any questions about it, you can always bug me, we have nearly identical cars and I have every possible option memorized. Most of the Mustang owners on the Mustang forums are... well... Mustang owners, so I don't go there very much.

Congrats!

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
1. Gorgeous. thanks
2. Get your ass over here and do a photo shoot with mine. thats alot of gas money :D
3. Did you get the upgraded interior? Easiest way to tell is if you have an aluminum shift ball. i must have the base interor, regular shifter
4. Too bad about the screwed on hood poop. I guess that just means aftermarket hood! i know :( i might try to find a good body shop and have it removed
5. You're going to love the Brembos and HIDs. Good thing the HIDs include the security package (including locking lug nuts), because those wheels are over $800 a pop from Ford. both are awesome.
6. If you tint the windows, they are going to take the "built with pride" sticker out of the driver's quarter window. You may not care, but I kind of wanted to keep it. good too know
7. The comfort package includes: Power passenger seat, heated front seats, heated mirrors, and dual climate control. i must have the base interor for the premiums, i have leather and power driverside but not the pass or dual climate controls
8. The tires that come with the Brembo package are rated as "summer only", hence them being terrible in the cold. I'm going through that right now. they seem pretty awesome
9. I love that spoiler, I've thought about adding it to mine as well as the aftermarket front splitter. I'd also like to lower it a bit. ditto as well on both
10. If you haven't experienced it yet, watch out for the forced 1->4 shift. can you explain this? i thought it was me? i did it today.
11. Did you get the Shaker 1000 system? You'll have subs in the trunk if you did.im gussing i have the shaker 500 or what ever as theres no subs but says shaker on the radio
12. I'm sure you noticed, but the mirrors do not fold! Don't find out the hard way. i did not know this!
13. CAI really adds to the experience when you lay into it. I also put Magnaflow axle backs on. It's quiet until you stomp it. i kinda wana do both also but dont wana void the warenty

If I think of any other quirks, I'll let you know. If you have any questions about it, you can always bug me, we have nearly identical cars and I have every possible option memorized. Most of the Mustang owners on the Mustang forums are... well... Mustang owners, so I don't go there very much.

Congrats!

thanks Juice, i added bold print to all your points. i dont really like the mustang guys much either so i dont plan on spending too much time over there unless i need to research something.

Juice
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
3. You still have the GT Premium interior, but there is an optional upgrade for it which gives it the likeness of the GT500. It changes the dash material, the door panel (and adds pony to door), shift knob, and body color leather stripe in the seats. Here's what it looks like (except the seat stripe):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang016.jpg

7. I didn't get the comfort package either. I don't give a frog's fat ass if the passenger has a power seat. They will probably just break it anyway.
10. If you shift out of 1st in a specific rpm band (I don't remember what it is off the top of my head), the transmission will guide you into 4th for better fuel economy. It's kind of jarring until you get used to it. Disabling it is a pain in the ass and from what I understand involves some actual modification of transmission wiring. The only way around it is to shift later so it doesn't trigger the lockout, or force it into 2nd. The ECU will learn your driving habits over time, it barely happens to me anymore. This has been a "feature" in Corvettes for a number of years now, I think that's where they got the idea from.
13. I kept the stock mufflers and intake parts just in case, but if I remember correctly, neither modification is warranty voiding. The car only had 30 miles on it when I did those haha.

With CAI:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang027.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
3. You still have the GT Premium interior, but there is an optional upgrade for it which gives it the likeness of the GT500. It changes the dash material, the door panel (and adds pony to door), shift knob, and body color leather stripe in the seats. Here's what it looks like (except the seat stripe):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang016.jpg

7. I didn't get the comfort package either. I don't give a frog's fat ass if the passenger has a power seat. They will probably just break it anyway.
10. If you shift out of 1st in a specific rpm band (I don't remember what it is off the top of my head), the transmission will guide you into 4th for better fuel economy. It's kind of jarring until you get used to it. Disabling it is a pain in the ass and from what I understand involves some actual modification of transmission wiring. The only way around it is to shift later so it doesn't trigger the lockout, or force it into 2nd. The ECU will learn your driving habits over time, it barely happens to me anymore. This has been a "feature" in Corvettes for a number of years now, I think that's where they got the idea from.
13. I kept the stock mufflers and intake parts just in case, but if I remember correctly, neither modification is warranty voiding. The car only had 30 miles on it when I did those haha.

With CAI:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/JonesSoda/Mustang/Mustang027.jpg
no kidding about the shifter thing! i thought i was ****ing up!

your car is exactly what i wanted to get man, im supper jelly. this was my last chance at a 2012 with brembos though.

good to know about the aftermarket stuff, the stock mufflers are too quiet but i dont want obnoxious noise either, i was thinking about the bassani axle back.

Juice
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I had to factory order it from Ford to get this setup. I still haven't seen another Mustang with the glass roof.

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
it looks awesome. did you change your lower control arms yet? i get a ton of wheel hop if i really get in it from a dig

babbage
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
alright, so when are you going to get a timeslip? Im guessing thats in your future.. ;)

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2012, 06:31 PM
alright, so when are you going to get a timeslip? Im guessing thats in your future.. ;)

probably no time soon really. its a manual so not really ideal for the strip. i bought it to have fun on the back roads and not suck on the way to work. sad thing is, i get the same mileage as my ranger and have 4x the hp :D

Paul
04-11-2012, 06:36 PM
beautiful car man. Congrats!