PDA

View Full Version : non marauder question..

airjordan2k8
04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
My gf sold our truck last to a guy and he sold it to another guy, but the thing is he never switched over the registration, and now we are receiving tollway tickets in the mail :mad2:, the thing is we have no information on this guy. would you guys happen to know how to get the vin by just using the plate numbers so we can do a title switch over the internet? thanks any help would be appreciated.

Timw286
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
You don't have any paperwork with your VIN on it? Look at old insurance documents or repair work papers

airjordan2k8
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Ill have to check at home when i get off work. would i still be able to do it even tho i dont have any information about the guy who has the truck?

PonyUP
04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
You don't have any paperwork with your VIN on it? Look at old insurance documents or repair work papers

What he said, old insurance docs will have the vin, you'll have to go to the DMV and show proof of sale though, or I don't think they'll do it. Who signed the title? If you have a copy then that would be the person responsible

Pony seal of Approval

Timw286
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
You should be able to. Do you still have the plate that was registered in your name? Personally, I would take everything I have related to the truck and bring it to the DMV and try and get it squared away. You don't want your name attached to a vehicle you don't own.

Mr. Man
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Report it stolen and get it back:rolleyes:

NXSBOB
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
That is great idea! :beer:

airjordan2k8
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
would that be possible? cause they have the orginal key, i have the spare key too if that helps

Mr. Man
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
The issue would be that you don't have the title and the sale history is most likely traceable. Now whether the he said she said legally would fly in court I don't know.

I know a lot of people don't insist the buyer sign/date the title when they sell the car and that can lead to trouble in the future.

Like the above guy said your best bet is to go to DMV and tell them you sold it and they should tell you what your options are.