PDA

View Full Version : now in my new Home state of Florida

STEPS
04-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Just arrived in my new home state of Florida,
It was a long ride down from Connecticut and I didn't see any Marauders on the way down .
A lot of cops gave me the once over tho .
We left Wednesday morning around 10 am and arrived here in Jacksonville at 3pm April 13th.
I remember doing this trip in One day what ever happen to those days.
I have to tell you that Coming thru Washington was some pain in the butt.
MY wife also drove her VW Beetle Conv down and we communicated by way of Walkie Talkies worked out great being able to talk back and forth She follow behind all the way I couldn't have done it
The Marauder got 24 MPH with LTH and a SCT tune I was happy with that.
The Drone I thought would get to me but it mellowed out I was running 2000 rpm most of the way at 70 mph. with 355 stock gears.
First thing I did when I got here was take a shower put on some clean close (used the same ones for the past 3 days) and poured my self a glass of home made wine.
Well we are glad we are here hope to make contact with the Florida group soon
God Bless to all

Hotrauder
04-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Lots of Marauders down here. The Florida Highway patrol had a bunch of them. They used to wave. You will like it here as Radar detectors are legal, unlike your former ****** state and the HP does not have instant-on radar. One has to be mostly unconcious or foolish to get a ticket in the sunshine state. oohrah. Welcome and have fun. Join up with the Sunshine State Marauders. They are a great bunch. :beer: Dennis

Ms. Denmark
04-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Glad you guys made it safe and sound! Eric and I will miss seeing you at our local meets but our loss is the Sunshine Marauders gain:-)

LANDY
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
We have a lot of fun here in Florida. Welcome to the state where the sun shines

STEPS
04-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the Welcome, and goodby we are both sad and happy, but now I have to get unpacked and get the car cleaned.

Cobra25
04-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the SunShine State Eric !

martyo
04-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the Welcome, and goodby we are both sad and happy, but now I have to get unpacked and get the car cleaned.

Welcome back to the South.

How is the car running?

Guittard22
04-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Joe's Stone Crabs on South Beach is absolutely mandatory:)

Blackmobile
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Congrats on the relocation. Be prepared for your blood to thin out, the sun here is addictive, but unforgiving if you take it for granted.

STEPS
04-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Mo, The car ran great no Lights come on, and I like the tune 312 Hp rw like the midrange torque.
When I get settled I'll send you the Dyno sheets.
My thanks to you guys especially Jeff.
My tuner Jeff at Danbury Chassis Dyno was very impressed also He had never done a Marauder before ( A Mustang guy) he really like the SCT Thanks for setting it up right.
Hope to get up to Atlanta sometime .

LUCKY GENE
04-15-2012, 07:51 AM
WELCOME from Palm Harbor!:)

tbone
04-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I envy you. My wife and I are planning to move to Florida next summer as well. Enjoy!

Comin' in Hot
04-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm glad to hear you both made it to Florida safely, you'll be missed at meets in the northeast.

martyo
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Hope to get up to Atlanta sometime .

Come on up!

Paul
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Welcome. And some departments do have instant-on radar, so keep it cool. :)