PDA

View Full Version : New Mustang Reskin

88LTDCV351
04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Have you all seen what they are saying is going to be the next reskin of the Mustang? :puke:

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/could-next-ford-mustang-145308691.html

Kodimar
04-19-2012, 07:43 AM
That's the Evos concept. I doubt the Mustang will look exactly like that. I'm sure Ford will... Mustang it up a bit.

Bigdogjim
04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
It is a very, very hard call for FoMoCo! Yes we all think the mustang is great looking the way it is, however the "look" is gtting "old" per say. Now Ford states the average age of the mustang buyer is 51? If so leave it alone. Why mess with what works.

wrnealis
04-19-2012, 08:19 AM
I dont' mind the new look, it might even have usable backseats. Getting rid of the solid rear axle has been needed for sometime too.

breeze
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM
What the kcuf is that!!! I'm tempted to buy 2013 mustang, last of a dying breed

guspech750
04-19-2012, 08:48 AM
That car looks pretty darn good. But not for a Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

1 Bad Merc
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
The reason the average buyer age is 51 is because they priced it out of the reach of young adults! In 1988 I was part of a legion of kids who bought the new mustangs when they were priced at $12,000 compared with $18,000 for a camaro and the same for a Buick GN. Everyone around here had a mustang because they were cheap, fast and fun cars.

That is no longer the case with Mustangs. They are very expensive now so the kids turn to import cars and Ford is left scrambling for the baby boomers.

88LTDCV351
04-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I agree with you there. Why me and my brother were thinking about buying a new Ford small economical car to dump our daily commute miles on and then throw away and save miles off my two cars and his car plus due to gas prices. But then we saw how much the very bottom line Ford is (can you even get it without all the bells and whistles like the nsync and all that uneccessary gizmos?). So we are guying with a cheap import choice unfortunately.

The reason the average buyer age is 51 is because they priced it out of the reach of young adults! In 1988 I was part of a legion of kids who bought the new mustangs when they were priced at $12,000 compared with $18,000 for a camaro and the same for a Buick GN. Everyone around here had a mustang because they were cheap, fast and fun cars.

That is no longer the case with Mustangs. They are very expensive now so the kids turn to import cars and Ford is left scrambling for the baby boomers.

88LTDCV351
04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
For me, this is not so hard to believe. I mean, Ford already changed the Explorer, changed from the Ford Econoline to the Transit, got rid of the Ranger in the US, phased out the panthers, etc. The Mustang is the only thing left other than the F150 that looks inspired by American styling. Its the obvious next target to globalize.

1 Bad Merc
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
They wont get rid of the F-150 because it is a huge profit maker for them. It is alot cheaper for them to build a pick-up then a car. What sucks is we used to be the leaders in car styles now we are going to get the European econo boxes shoved down our throats......I guess it is only fitting as we all embraced globalization.

MMBLUE
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM

You my man, are a genius. I wish everybody thought like us. WTF are they thinking. If they for ONCE would listen to the public. They need to make it cheap and accessable. That's the only way to flood the market and make money. Make it rear wheel drive, for the drifter crowd, independant suspension and a V8 for good measure.

88LTDCV351
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Just as everyone eventually accepts the new Explorer, Transit, etc. people will eventually get over it because there won't be any other alternative for Ford nuts buying there next new vehicle. But how to make the Ford F150 look more euro/jap to more appeal to the global market is probably Ford's big next question.

1 Bad Merc
04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
You my man, are a genius. I wish everybody thought like us. WTF are they thinking. If they for ONCE would listen to the public. They need to make it cheap and accessable. That's the only way to flood the market and make money. Make it rear wheel drive, for the drifter crowd, independant suspension and a V8 for good measure.

Thank you for the comment my friend.:)

It kinda makes you wonder how they got away from the Henry Ford roots of the company. Make it cheap and affordable for the masses and you will sell alot of them. Look at the model T, A, etc. They still had innovation -1 of the first v-8's etc. but they built cars people could afford.

I really wonder what the heck we are going to be driving in 10 years.

1 Bad Merc
04-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Just as everyone eventually accepts the new Explorer, Transit, etc. people will eventually get over it because there won't be any other alternative for Ford nuts buying there next new vehicle. But how to make the Ford F150 look more euro/jap to more appeal to the global market is probably Ford's big next question.

You got that right. I will bet the Ford f150 morphs into a more Land Rover look. Land Rover's were popular in the deserts and jungles in South East Asia and South America. I can see Ford trying to capitalize on that market and turn the F150 into it's off roading Brand.

I also think they made the Raptor to test stuff out that will be coming on the new 150's down the road.

Fosters
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
. .