PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Marauder/truck racing zombie

Chayton
04-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Was watching a new video on youtube, imagine my surprise when the words "2003 Mercury Marauder" came out of this guy's mouth. Apparently he bought a wrecked Marauder, and used the chassis and other parts from it and put them in this truck. Including the engine. Pretty sweet! I wish He gave more information on the marauder besides "big police car" though... :shake: Anybody got a clue who the owner of the truck is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvaA35RqB8&feature=context&context=G23d9facFAAAAAAAAPAA

starts talking about the marauder-truck-zombie at 3:35

CBT
04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I think that is Marauderpickup, a member on here.

B.C. Bake
04-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Was watching a new video on youtube, imagine my surprise when the words "2003 Mercury Marauder" came out of this guy's mouth. Apparently he bought a wrecked Marauder, and used the chassis and other parts from it and put them in this truck. Including the engine. Pretty sweet! I wish He gave more information on the marauder besides "big police car" though... :shake: Anybody got a clue who the owner of the truck is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvaA35RqB8&feature=context&context=G23d9facFAAAAAAAAPAA

starts talking about the marauder-truck-zombie at 3:35

Not a clue who that was, but pretty cool how he put that all together.:rolleyes:

Merrill
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Marauderpu, and that is a cool old truck.

Bigdogjim
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Well he put on a real cool ford pick-up:up:

MarauderPU
11-06-2012, 11:04 PM
That is me, Marauderpu. Karl Hardesty from Orange County, CA. I have pics of the build on here. IF anybody wants more info on the build let me know. We simply pulled off the Marauder body and sat the Unibody on the chassis. We had to cut the bed between the tubs due to the car chassis kick up and build some body mounts but it was not really that hard.

I went to my first drag race at Bakerfield last week and ran a 14.01 at 97 mph with stock 3.55 gears. I have Mach 1 headers and a tune and that's it. Truck weighs 3600 lbs

4.10 gears, nitrous and a cobra blower are next

Chayton
11-07-2012, 01:07 AM
That is me, Marauderpu. Karl Hardesty from Orange County, CA. I have pics of the build on here. IF anybody wants more info on the build let me know. We simply pulled off the Marauder body and sat the Unibody on the chassis. We had to cut the bed between the tubs due to the car chassis kick up and build some body mounts but it was not really that hard.

I went to my first drag race at Bakerfield last week and ran a 14.01 at 97 mph with stock 3.55 gears. I have Mach 1 headers and a tune and that's it. Truck weighs 3600 lbs

woah! thanks for the bump! That is a sweet truck and obviously has alot of work put into it. Sounds like a hell of a plan too! Nice ride! :2thumbs:

MrBluGruv
11-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Damn, that truck weighs less than an actual Marauder. :/

SC Cheesehead
11-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Damn, that truck weighs less than an actual Marauder. :/

Darn near anything weighs less than an actual Marauder.... ;)

Curless
11-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Very nicely done!

CBT
11-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Sweet, keep us in the loop! Been following this build since you started it. :beer:

MERCMAN
11-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Darn near anything weighs less than an actual Marauder.... ;)

Sherman does :)

slickster
11-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Great job keep us updated