PDA

View Full Version : School Bus Takes Fire in????

sailsmen
04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
This is what 30 Years of Feel Good Poverty Improvement Programs Produces!

wwltv.com

Posted on April 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Updated yesterday at 10:29 PM

Related:
•NOPD investigating fatal Jackson Avenue shooting

Tania Dall / Eyewitness News
Email: tdall@wwltv.com | Twitter: @taniadall

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans police are looking for the teens who opened fire on a school bus with children headed home Thursday.

It happened around 4:30 p.m. near the intersection of Annunciation and Second. The driver drove away from the scene, flagging down police near the intersection of Napoleon and St. Charles avenues.

Police are looking for two young teen shooters. Eyewitnesses say the shooters were targeting the school bus, but police say that’s still under investigation.

The shooting is disturbing to those living in one Irish Channel community where shots rang out.

“I really was surprised,” said Irish Channel resident Veronica. “It was my first time seeing something like that with the kids on the school bus. The bus driver doing his job trying to make sure the kids get home safe.”

For more than two decades, Veronica, who asked that we only use her first name, has lived in the area. She never imagined that a school bus would be a target of a shooting.

The New Orleans Police Department has confirmed that shots rang out near the intersection of Annunciation and Second streets, hitting an LB Landry school bus with 11 students and a driver on board.

Eyewitnesses say they saw three shooters approach the bus, reach into the windows and open fire. Police, however, say there were two shooters.

“The individuals were described as two black males, 14 to 16 years old, one wearing a black hoodie, the other one wearing a red scarf,” said NOPD 6th District Commander Bob Bardy.

One student, a 15-year-old girl, was injured by broken glass.

Police are still investigating whether or not the school bus was the intended target and are looking for two suspects.

For this Uptown mother of two, the close call hits too close to home.

“Now I’m going to need to get up and make sure my child is getting to school and back safe,” Veronica said. Police say the student that was injured by broken glass was taken to children's hospital for treatment and is expected to be okay.

Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call Crimestoppers at 822-1111.

Shaijack
04-21-2012, 04:34 AM
New Orleans is a totally different place than anyother in the U.S. First they have armed men to make students get on the bus (and go to school) and now they shoot at them for getting on the bus.
Thats why Billy and I live in the country not the city. Sold my house in the city after being held up at gun point three times. Lucky I am still alive to collect Marauders. It's hell sitting on your steps with a shotgun sitting across your knees.

sailsmen
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
2 of these "shootings" occurred in areas I would frequent when I lived in New Orleans.

Girl, 6, woman killed in Central City shooting; 3 others injured
Published: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 7:50 PM Updated: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 9:08 PM
By Leslie Williams, The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune

A 6-year-old girl and a 33-year-old woman died from gunshot wounds Tuesday afternoon in a fusillade in Central City, New Orleans police said. A 10-year-old boy had graze wounds to the face and leg, a 20-year-old man was wounded in the wrist and a 24-year-old man was shot in the face, police said.

View full sizeMichael DeMocker, The Times-PicayuneAfter a 7-year-old girl was taken to a waiting ambulance, birthday balloons, pink sandals and medical supply wrappers are left at the scene of a birthday party on a porch in the 1200 block of Simon Bolivar Avenue just before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
"It was my grandson's birthday party," said a woman, referring to the 10-year-old boy.

She said she was sitting on bricks across the street near the Guste High Rise when "three dudes came from that direction," the intersection of Simon Bolivar Avenue and Clio Street.

Initially she thought the weapons in their hands were "play guns."

She said the gun-wielding people were shooting at other people who ran to the birthday party area.

Police marked about 24 casings spread in front of an area on Simon Bolivar Avenue from 1212-1214 Simon Bolivar Avenue to Clio Street. Casings littered the asphalt street as well as the neutral ground.

The shooting started about 5:45 p.m. in the 1200 block of Simon Bolivar Avenue, according to police. who are trying to reconstruct events leading up to the violence.

The 33-year-old woman was shot while driving a green Mazda 3 on Simon Bolivar Avenue. After she was hit, she crashed the car into a utility pole at Simon Bolivar and Thalia Street.

She had nothing to do with the violence; a bullet traveled about three blocks and hit her, said police, noting the information is preliminary. Blood was smeared on an airbag that deployed.

A police officer was pumping her chest, said a man who had just left home to go to a barber shop on Simon Bolivar Avenue.

"He was trying to save her," he said.

New Orleans Police Chief Ronal Serpas call the shooting an act of "cowardice ... to be overcome by the city of New Orleans."
Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who also was at the scene after the shooting, called the shootings "irrational" and the act of "thugs" who did not care about the children's party.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 504.822.1111 or toll-free at 1.877.903.7867. Callers do not have to give their names or testify and can earn as much as $2,500 for tips that lead to an indictment.

The shooting followed a series of three shootings across the city, one of them fatal.

The first of those shootings took place shortly before 3 p.m. in the 7100 block of Deanne Street in eastern New Orleans. There, a 19-year-old man was shot in the neck, according to New Orleans police spokeswoman Remi Braden.

The second shooting occurred a few minutes later in the 4300 block of South Carrollton Avenue, near Baudin Street. There, a male was shot in the stomach.

Minutes later, a male was shot in the head outside a body shop near the corner of Toulouse and Gayoso Streets. He was transported to a local hospital and died shortly afterward.

Additional details, such as the ages of the victims in those three shootings, as well as possible motives or suspects, were not immediately released.

Leslie Williams can be reached at lwilliams@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3358.

© 2012 NOLA.com. All rights reserved.

martyo
05-30-2012, 05:37 AM
“Now I’m going to need to get up and make sure my child is getting to school and back...”

Imagine that. Having to actually get up in the morning and what not. :rolleyes:

Spectragod
05-30-2012, 08:50 AM
“Now I’m going to need to get up and make sure my child is getting to school and back safe,” Veronica said.

Imagine that. Having to actually get up in the morning and what not. :rolleyes:

I imagine her "concern" has a lot to do with the monthly check she receives for that child. :flamer:

Bigdogjim
05-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Why does this surprise anyone?

Do something about it come this November.

Spectragod
05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Why does this surprise anyone?

Do something about it come this November.

No surprise at all, I'm sure if Obama had a son, one would look just like one of the shooters. err, I mean victims.:rolleyes:

As long as we don't have election month again, and bus in voters again, we will do something about it. :beer:

PonyUP
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Wow, some idiots open fire on a bus and it's the Presidents fault?

Not sure how the hell we make that leap, you guys need a new pastime

Pony seal of Approval

sailsmen
05-30-2012, 10:24 AM
The President's "Stimulus" eliminated the caps States were allowed to put on Welfare, in effect nullifying welfare reform. The President's Economic Policies have suppressed economic recovery.
Per Carpenter at TownHall - Charlie Hurt of the New York Post discovered language tucked in it to eliminate the caps on welfare money the federal government can send to states.

On page 354 of the bill is language that says: "Out of any money in the Treasury of the United States not otherwise appropriated, there are appropriated such sums as are necessary for payment to the Emergency Fund."

The Emergency Fund was established by welfare law to provide assistance to states. The wildly successful 1996 Welfare Reform Act placed limits on the amount the feds could put into the fund. The language inside the stimulus bill rescinds those limits.

Hurt explains, "this means the only limit on welfare payments would be the Treasury itself."

President Obama believes in Social Justice via income redistribution until complete financial collapse results in every one starting at zero.

MEYERS: The anthem of the civil rights movement has always been which side are you on? You choose sides. You either choose for racial reconciliation. Or you choose racial polarization. You choose racial harmony or you choose racial lunacy, and deification of skin color. The friends and allies and the mentors of Barack Obama chose racial idiocy. They chose the deification of skin color. They chose Farrakhan to emulate, to advocate for -- to say that Farrakhan, the apostle of anti-Semitism and black racism is supposedly and somehow the spokesperson of African-Americans. He’s not. So any time you have the empowerment of black ideology, you have -- you have, I think, the endorsement of racism.

Now, one more -- one more -- one more point. And that is that Obama's sin is the sin of not just hugging, it's the sin of omission because he’s the intellectual and the intellectual must -- the scholarship of the intellectual must refute -- refute racial idiocy. You cannot be silent!

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...#ixzz1q5zyBkHI

Michael Meyers is President and Executive Director of the New York Civil Rights Coalition (NYCRC), which he co-founded in 1986.
Meyers assumed the post of NYCRC Executive Director in 1991 from his senior staff position in the New Jersey Department of Higher Education, where he had served as Special Assistant to the Chancellor of Higher Education, T. Edward Hollander. Meyers took his B.A. from Antioch College in Yellow Springs, OH and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law. He has spent his entire professional career working in the fields of civil rights, civil liberties, law and education, and urban affairs, and, as such, is regarded as an expert on civil rights matters and race relations. Born in Harlem, Michael Meyers knows first-hand the ghetto experience which, as he puts it, “contributes to the defeat of the human spirit; the only way to end the ghetto is to get out of it".

http://nycivilrights.org/executive-director

July 28, 2010
Our Divisive President

Barack Obama promised a new era of post-partisanship. In office, he's played racial politics and further split the country along class and party lines.y PATRICK H. CADDELL AND DOUGLAS E. SCHOEN

During the election campaign, Barack Obama sought to appeal to the best instincts of the electorate, to a post-partisan sentiment that he said would reinvigorate our democracy. He ran on a platform of reconciliation—of getting beyond "old labels" of right and left, red and blue states, and forging compromises based on shared values.

President Obama's Inaugural was a hopeful day, with an estimated 1.8 million people on the National Mall celebrating the election of America's first African-American president. The level of enthusiasm, the anticipation and the promise of something better could not have been more palpable.

And yet, it has not been realized. Not at all.

Rather than being a unifier, Mr. Obama has divided America on the basis of race, class and partisanship. Moreover, his cynical approach to governance has encouraged his allies to pursue a similar strategy of racially divisive politics on his behalf.
Associated Press
The 'Beer Summit': President Barack Obama, right, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, have a beer with Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., second from left, and Cambridge, Mass. police Sgt. James Crowley in the Rose Garden of the White House, July 30, 2009.
We have seen the divisive approach under Republican presidents as well—particularly the administrations of Richard Nixon and George W. Bush. It was wrong then, and it is wrong now. By dividing America, Mr. Obama has brought our government to the brink of a crisis of legitimacy, compromising our ability to address our most important policy issues.

We say this with a heavy heart. Both of us share the president's stated vision of what America can and should be. The struggle for equal rights has animated both of our lives. Both of us were forged politically during the crucible of the civil rights movement. Having worked in the South during the civil rights movement, and on behalf of the ground-breaking elections of African-American mayors such as David Dinkins, Harold Washington and Emanuel Cleaver, we were deeply moved by Mr. Obama's election.

The first hint that as president Mr. Obama would be willing to interject race into the political dialogue came last July, when he jumped to conclusions about the confrontation between Harvard Prof. Henry Louis "Skip" Gates and the Cambridge police.

During a press conference, the president said that the "Cambridge police acted stupidly," and he went on to link the arrest with the "long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

In truth, the Gates incident appears to have had nothing to do with race—a Cambridge review committee that investigated the incident ruled on June 30 that there was fault on both sides.

Sen. Jon Kyl (R., Ariz.) has said the president told him in a closed-door meeting that he would not move to secure the border with Mexico unless and until Congress reached a breakthrough on comprehensive immigration reform. That's another indication Mr. Obama is willing to continue to play politics with hot-button issues.

Add in the lawsuit against the Arizona immigration law and it's clear the Obama administration is willing to run the risk of dividing the American people along racial and ethnic lines to mobilize its supporters—particularly Hispanic voters, whose backing it needs in the fall midterm elections and beyond.

As the Washington Post reported last week, two top White House strategists, speaking on condition of anonymity, have indicated that "the White House plans to use the immigration debate to punish the GOP and aggressively seek the Latino vote in 2012."

On an issue that has gotten much less attention, but is potentially just as divisive, the Justice Department has pointedly refused to prosecute three members of the New Black Panther Party for voter intimidation at the polls on Election Day 2008.

It is the job of the Department of Justice to protect all American voters from voter discrimination and voter intimidation—whether committed by the far right, the far left, or the New Black Panthers. It is unacceptable for the Department of Justice to continue to stonewall on this issue.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Mr. Obama's campaign emphasized repeatedly that his minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, was being unfairly stereotyped because of racially incendiary sound bites that allegedly did not reflect the totality of his views. In the Gates incident and others, Mr. Obama has resorted to similar forms of stereotyping.

Even the former head of the Civil Rights Commission, Mary Frances Berry, acknowledged that the Obama administration has taken to polarizing America around the issue of race as a means of diverting attention away from other issues, saying: "the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. . . . Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."

The president had a unique opportunity to focus on overarching issues of importance to whites and blacks. He has failed to address the critical challenges. He has not used his bully pulpit to emphasize the importance of racial unity and the common interest of poor whites and blacks who need training, job opportunities, and the possibility of realizing the American Dream. He hasn't done enough to address youth unemployment—which in the white community is 23.2% and in the black community is 39.9%.

sailsmen
05-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Mr. Obama has also cynically divided the country on class lines. He has taken to playing the populist card time and time again. He bashes Wall Street and insurance companies whenever convenient to advance his programs, yet he has been eager to accept campaign contributions and negotiate with these very same banks and corporations behind closed doors in order to advance his political agenda.

Finally, President Obama also exacerbated partisan division, and he has made it clear that he intends to demonize the Republicans and former President George W. Bush in the fall campaign. In April, the Democratic National Committee released a video in which the president directly addressed his divide-and-conquer campaign strategy, with an appeal to: "young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women who powered our victory in 2008 [to] stand together once again."

President Obama's divisive approach to governance has weakened us as a people and paralyzed our political culture. Meanwhile, the Republican leadership has failed to put forth an agenda that is more positive, unifying or inclusive. We are stronger when we debate issues and purpose, and we are all weaker when we divide by race and class. We will pay a price for this type of politics.
Mr. Caddell served as a pollster for President Jimmy Carter. Mr. Schoen, who served as a pollster for President Bill Clinton, is the author of "The Political Fix" (Henry Holt, 2010).

Senator Obama radio Interview "If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it I’d be OK .

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

And that hasn't shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkpdNtTgQNM

PonyUP
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
No offense, but no matter how much or what you copy and paste at the end of day stupid people do stupid things, we need to stop blaming the President and people need to take responsibilities for their own actions.

I know many on here hate Obama, but he is in no way to blame for this, I don't care how many articles you google and paste on here. Crime has been around for centuries, as the population grows an there is a bigger divide between those at the top and those at the bottom it will continue to grow. You want to blame someone?

Blame parents for raising dirtbag idiot violent kids, blame the fact that that two parent households have dwindled and even in the two parent households many of those parents are working and not making time for their kids.

there are plenty of people that grow up in poverty, that don't committ crimes. We need to stop blaming the President for everything, it's a ridiculous argument. It's akin to me saying after I stubbed my toe..."Ouch, that damn Obama, if he had put harder regulations on the lumber community, maybe I wouldn't have bought that dresser.

I know you are about to hit with four pages of copy and pasting about writers complaining about everything in the world and flash a bunch of statistics that show it's the Prez's fault, but no matter what you post, what argument you find in any book, I'm never going to agree that we can blame Obama for two thugs firing bullets at a bus.

vkirkend
05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
The President's "Stimulus" eliminated the caps States were allowed to put on Welfare, in effect nullifying welfare reform. The President's Economic Policies have suppressed economic recovery.
Per Carpenter at TownHall - Charlie Hurt of the New York Post discovered language tucked in it to eliminate the caps on welfare money the federal government can send to states.

On page 354 of the bill is language that says: "Out of any money in the Treasury of the United States not otherwise appropriated, there are appropriated such sums as are necessary for payment to the Emergency Fund."

The Emergency Fund was established by welfare law to provide assistance to states. The wildly successful 1996 Welfare Reform Act placed limits on the amount the feds could put into the fund. The language inside the stimulus bill rescinds those limits.

Hurt explains, "this means the only limit on welfare payments would be the Treasury itself."

President Obama believes in Social Justice via income redistribution until complete financial collapse results in every one starting at zero.

MEYERS: The anthem of the civil rights movement has always been which side are you on? You choose sides. You either choose for racial reconciliation. Or you choose racial polarization. You choose racial harmony or you choose racial lunacy, and deification of skin color. The friends and allies and the mentors of Barack Obama chose racial idiocy. They chose the deification of skin color. They chose Farrakhan to emulate, to advocate for -- to say that Farrakhan, the apostle of anti-Semitism and black racism is supposedly and somehow the spokesperson of African-Americans. He’s not. So any time you have the empowerment of black ideology, you have -- you have, I think, the endorsement of racism.

Now, one more -- one more -- one more point. And that is that Obama's sin is the sin of not just hugging, it's the sin of omission because he’s the intellectual and the intellectual must -- the scholarship of the intellectual must refute -- refute racial idiocy. You cannot be silent!

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...#ixzz1q5zyBkHI

Michael Meyers is President and Executive Director of the New York Civil Rights Coalition (NYCRC), which he co-founded in 1986.
Meyers assumed the post of NYCRC Executive Director in 1991 from his senior staff position in the New Jersey Department of Higher Education, where he had served as Special Assistant to the Chancellor of Higher Education, T. Edward Hollander. Meyers took his B.A. from Antioch College in Yellow Springs, OH and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law. He has spent his entire professional career working in the fields of civil rights, civil liberties, law and education, and urban affairs, and, as such, is regarded as an expert on civil rights matters and race relations. Born in Harlem, Michael Meyers knows first-hand the ghetto experience which, as he puts it, “contributes to the defeat of the human spirit; the only way to end the ghetto is to get out of it".

http://nycivilrights.org/executive-director

July 28, 2010
Our Divisive President

Barack Obama promised a new era of post-partisanship. In office, he's played racial politics and further split the country along class and party lines.y PATRICK H. CADDELL AND DOUGLAS E. SCHOEN

During the election campaign, Barack Obama sought to appeal to the best instincts of the electorate, to a post-partisan sentiment that he said would reinvigorate our democracy. He ran on a platform of reconciliation—of getting beyond "old labels" of right and left, red and blue states, and forging compromises based on shared values.

President Obama's Inaugural was a hopeful day, with an estimated 1.8 million people on the National Mall celebrating the election of America's first African-American president. The level of enthusiasm, the anticipation and the promise of something better could not have been more palpable.

And yet, it has not been realized. Not at all.

Rather than being a unifier, Mr. Obama has divided America on the basis of race, class and partisanship. Moreover, his cynical approach to governance has encouraged his allies to pursue a similar strategy of racially divisive politics on his behalf.
Associated Press
The 'Beer Summit': President Barack Obama, right, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, have a beer with Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., second from left, and Cambridge, Mass. police Sgt. James Crowley in the Rose Garden of the White House, July 30, 2009.
We have seen the divisive approach under Republican presidents as well—particularly the administrations of Richard Nixon and George W. Bush. It was wrong then, and it is wrong now. By dividing America, Mr. Obama has brought our government to the brink of a crisis of legitimacy, compromising our ability to address our most important policy issues.

We say this with a heavy heart. Both of us share the president's stated vision of what America can and should be. The struggle for equal rights has animated both of our lives. Both of us were forged politically during the crucible of the civil rights movement. Having worked in the South during the civil rights movement, and on behalf of the ground-breaking elections of African-American mayors such as David Dinkins, Harold Washington and Emanuel Cleaver, we were deeply moved by Mr. Obama's election.

The first hint that as president Mr. Obama would be willing to interject race into the political dialogue came last July, when he jumped to conclusions about the confrontation between Harvard Prof. Henry Louis "Skip" Gates and the Cambridge police.

During a press conference, the president said that the "Cambridge police acted stupidly," and he went on to link the arrest with the "long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

In truth, the Gates incident appears to have had nothing to do with race—a Cambridge review committee that investigated the incident ruled on June 30 that there was fault on both sides.

Sen. Jon Kyl (R., Ariz.) has said the president told him in a closed-door meeting that he would not move to secure the border with Mexico unless and until Congress reached a breakthrough on comprehensive immigration reform. That's another indication Mr. Obama is willing to continue to play politics with hot-button issues.

Add in the lawsuit against the Arizona immigration law and it's clear the Obama administration is willing to run the risk of dividing the American people along racial and ethnic lines to mobilize its supporters—particularly Hispanic voters, whose backing it needs in the fall midterm elections and beyond.

As the Washington Post reported last week, two top White House strategists, speaking on condition of anonymity, have indicated that "the White House plans to use the immigration debate to punish the GOP and aggressively seek the Latino vote in 2012."

On an issue that has gotten much less attention, but is potentially just as divisive, the Justice Department has pointedly refused to prosecute three members of the New Black Panther Party for voter intimidation at the polls on Election Day 2008.

It is the job of the Department of Justice to protect all American voters from voter discrimination and voter intimidation—whether committed by the far right, the far left, or the New Black Panthers. It is unacceptable for the Department of Justice to continue to stonewall on this issue.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Mr. Obama's campaign emphasized repeatedly that his minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, was being unfairly stereotyped because of racially incendiary sound bites that allegedly did not reflect the totality of his views. In the Gates incident and others, Mr. Obama has resorted to similar forms of stereotyping.

Even the former head of the Civil Rights Commission, Mary Frances Berry, acknowledged that the Obama administration has taken to polarizing America around the issue of race as a means of diverting attention away from other issues, saying: "the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. . . . Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."

The president had a unique opportunity to focus on overarching issues of importance to whites and blacks. He has failed to address the critical challenges. He has not used his bully pulpit to emphasize the importance of racial unity and the common interest of poor whites and blacks who need training, job opportunities, and the possibility of realizing the American Dream. He hasn't done enough to address youth unemployment—which in the white community is 23.2% and in the black community is 39.9%.

And none of these policies were in place during the previous administration? I must have missed something.....

Bigdogjim
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Wow, some idiots open fire on a bus and it's the Presidents fault?

Not sure how the hell we make that leap, you guys need a new pastime

Pony seal of Approval

It always the guy at the top who is to blame.

Bigdogjim
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
And none of these policies were in place during the previous administration? I must have missed something.....

I would say you have been asleep.

Spectragod
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
No offense,

there are plenty of people that grow up in poverty, that don't committ crimes. We need to stop blaming the President for everything, it's a ridiculous argument. I'm never going to agree that we can blame Obama for two thugs firing bullets at a bus.

Usually, when the sentence starts out that way, it means it's coming, in this case "offense" would be coming.

We need to stop blaming the President for everything, what a novel thought, I still hear how all our problems are Bush's fault.

I never would have brought up B.O. into this, but, his policy's have enabled people into the welfare system, and with that comes crime, believe it or not. I won't even get into the Trevan Martin thing.

Since you can't agree that B.O has anything to do with the thugs that fired the bullets, I guess we can agree that the gun manufacturers didn't either. :beer:

Here ya go, check out these mugshots, see anything similar between them?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h138/rfrf5500/puppies/mugshot.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Usually, when the sentence starts out that way, it means it's coming, in this case "offense" would be coming.

We need to stop blaming the President for everything, what a novel thought, I still hear how all our problems are Bush's fault.

I never would have brought up B.O. into this, but, his policy's have enabled people into the welfare system, and with that comes crime, believe it or not. I won't even get into the Trevan Martin thing.

Since you can't agree that B.O has anything to do with the thugs that fired the bullets, I guess we can agree that the gun manufacturers didn't either. :beer:

i see what you did there, most will probably go for the obvious and call you racist.

i sware i know that first guy though

guspech750
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM

I see it. I see it. The mutt in the bottom middle picture looks like Dave Redmond from Ice Road Truckers.

http://img.tapatalk.com/638e1383-a6bd-056a.jpg

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

CBT
05-30-2012, 04:15 PM
I see it. I see it. The mutt in the bottom middle picture looks like Dave Redmond from Ice Road Truckers.

http://img.tapatalk.com/638e1383-a6bd-056a.jpg

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

I blame Obama for letting a show like that on the air.

PonyUP
05-30-2012, 05:11 PM

You're right, perhaps I did mean offense. I don't believe I've blamed Bush for all the people that were murdered while he was President (I'm talking street crimes, not trying to take a shot about the wars)
Don't believe I blamed gun manufacturers either, who I did blame were the only two people that should be responsible, the two that fired the guns.
I'm for gun ownership, and believe in the right to bare arms, however I don't believe that everyone should own guns. Stupid people do stupid things all the time, give stupid people a gun, they will do stupid things with that gun.
Since Welfare was around long before Obama, how do we blame him for the actions of two thugs?
If its because Welfare benefits have been extended, same thing happened under Bush in 2008, but no one here would dare blame him, you know why?

You guessed it, he is not responsible. Making the correlation that two thugs shot up a bus because they are on welfare, is an extremely weak argument in my opinion.

I'm not really a big Obama fan, but I am sick of opening threads where we blame him for everything. The President in fact has very little to do or very little power over the things he gets blamed for.
Congress has the power, and they fail with it.
I've stayed out of the political threads but this one got to me, so according to the moral majority here Obama is responsible for
Liquor store robberies
Car jackings
Rapes
Murders
Vandals
And every other felony.

He has not been a good President, but he hardly deserves to be blamed for the actions of two thugs

Pony seal of Approval