PDA

View Full Version : Silver or Black?..I choose Silver.

Rep12
02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I thought a black MM was going to be my choice but I looked at a silver birch version today and it just knocked my socks off. :up: It has a light tint on the windows, 6 CD changer, heated seats and a power sunroof. Just beautiful... and very dignified. A real stallion look..The sunroof is a beautiful addition and I just have to have that option.And no offense to the black MM owners but the silver also seems, well, a bit more dignified. Plus, I live in New England and the weather is just miserable on black cars. The lighter silver is more forgiving and road salt will blend in better. I love to kep my cars spotless but when it's zero degrees washing is just not an option. Must be my age. The Grand National I had was of course, black, and it was just outstanding to look at...very male and mean. But black on the MM just doesn't do it for me so silver is my choice. Fast and classy.

Anyway, I checked with edmonds.com and the dealer prices are right there for all to see. Dealer cost of the silver above is around $31,000.00. With the $4000.00 in rebates that brings me to $27,000.00. I'll also go for the 3% holdback and I should be in the $26,000.00 range. That's my target. I'll use the internet to get mulitple quotes and deal with the fleet managers.

Wishing you all well with your beautiful MM's. :beer:

Dave

Fourth Horseman
02-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey, congrats! I think you made a wise choice with your Silver Marauder. They do indeed look really nice. Enjoy! :up:

MapleLeafMerc
02-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Plus, I live in New England and the weather is just miserable on black cars. The lighter silver is more forgiving and road salt will blend in better. I love to kep my cars spotless but when it's zero degrees washing is just not an option. Dave

Sad but very true for us snowmen!

Good luck with the buy and welcome!

Cobra25
02-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Hay good luck with the Silver Marauder. I have one and they look great.

captJ696
02-07-2004, 04:21 PM
:beer: Rep12, Great choice in silver. I currently own a blk 03 however my dream is to one day purchase another Marauder (silver) and let Mr. Reinhart work his magic.

Joe

jgc61sr2002
02-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Rep12 Congrats on your pending purchase. Let us know if you get the holdback as most dealers won't even think of giving it up. :D

bigslim
02-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Congrats on your pick. When I first saw the silver I really didn't like it. After I saw it on the road I changed my mind. It looks good. A lot easier to keep clean too. Good luck.

Merc-O-matic
02-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Hope you get a good deal on your Silver MM.
Sounds like you have a good plan regarding $$$

The Silver is nice, but I'll stick with BLACK!
Too many Silver Grand Marquis driving around
down here (Fla.) to begin with....don't want
to look older then I am.

Gotta Love It! :pimp:

Silver_04
02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=2/1369DSC00558.JPG:up:

TAF
02-07-2004, 08:58 PM
I like the silver, fine choice.:up: What color interior?

03SILVERSTREAK
02-07-2004, 09:20 PM
You made a good choice REP12-Welcome and enjoy... :rock:

MARAUDERCHICK
02-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Congratulations on your purchase!! :up:

Also, welcome to the site!! :)

bigtay809
02-07-2004, 10:02 PM
No doubt SILVER is much easier to keep clean. And the SILVER does look very good. But BLACK baby,thats sweet & evil looking! would Zoro be as cool in a SILVER cape(I think not)? Not to mention BATMAN and DARTH VADER!!! DARTH VADER in a silver would look like a freak dressed in tin foil! I'll give SILVER its due, but BLACKS got it all over you. But thats why there are apples & oranges: In the 80's you silver guys baught T-TYPE Regals, give me a GRAND-NATIONAL baby! They may be all the same "under the hood" but stand back and take a good look! Batman in a silver tights would be the laughing stock of Gotham City! Nuff said, and I'm just bustin balls, but I really do like BLACK better........Thanks for your time silver guys,Tim.

the_pack_rat
02-07-2004, 10:07 PM
How about we combine the two & come up with a platinum like grey ?.

;)

Seriously ...

IMHO, that would be a pretty sweet color on the Marauder.

Hope your purchase works out.

Eric < --- future MM owner partial to DTR.

Black 04
02-08-2004, 06:14 AM
When I bought my MM the dealership had two side by side, a silver and a black, although the silver is nice it just didn't cut it for me.

I went with the black..

TripleG
02-08-2004, 07:16 AM
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=2/1369DSC00558.JPG:up:

I'n like the silver or red for that matter if the grill matched.

Rep12
02-08-2004, 09:42 AM
No doubt SILVER is much easier to keep clean. And the SILVER does look very good. But BLACK baby,thats sweet & evil looking! would Zoro be as cool in a SILVER cape(I think not)? Not to mention BATMAN and DARTH VADER!!! DARTH VADER in a silver would look like a freak dressed in tin foil! I'll give SILVER its due, but BLACKS got it all over you. But thats why there are apples & oranges: In the 80's you silver guys baught T-TYPE Regals, give me a GRAND-NATIONAL baby! They may be all the same "under the hood" but stand back and take a good look! Batman in a silver tights would be the laughing stock of Gotham City! Nuff said, and I'm just bustin balls, but I really do like BLACK better........Thanks for your time silver guys,Tim.

Hey, that was a terrific post! Very funny!!! I had a GN and of course it was black. Just ready for a change. Like I said, must be my age.

Good luck with your beautiful BLACK MM.

Dave

bigtay809
02-08-2004, 10:13 AM
So basically you agree with me. But thats only because the grill is BLACK, so it matches the car!I personally like the black because it matches my shoes. So hard to find a nice pair of red or silver shoes now days! ahhhh,just my opinion....................... .............................. Tim.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
OK hear I go - Silver is sweet(think of all those candy bars that are rapped in silver foil)and I don't want to look evil. Zoro , BATMAN , and DARTH VADER are movies of the week. T-Type Regals were sleepers compared to Grand Nationals but they kicked butt too. Don't get me wrong I've had black cars & 4X4 but silver is very COOL and everyone wants to be :coolman: . Thanks for your time Black Car guys, and Remember Every Cloud has a SILVER Lining...:cool4: :D :flamer:

Chief
02-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Silver is a great color. We considered it when we were choosing colors. The reason that we got black was because we like the Marauder as a menacing car, and black is the only color for that. Enjoy your Marauder and welcome to the site.

Patrick
02-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I want the EVIL look for me!! But I the silver looks cool too!! :rock: But I cant do the red, SORRY!!!

Just enjoy the ride :burnout: